Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: GT6 speculation

May 2, 2013

I don't think there's a consistent timeframe from announcement to release date for PD.  The only consistence seems to be that when they give us a date, they usually miss it Smiley Wink

I've said it before.  I think PD needs to refrain from giving us a date this time around until they are REALLY sure it will definitely be finished and in stores on that date.

Though, that Nov 28th date does sound really attractive, for a few reasons...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 61 of 70 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

May 4, 2013

I saw on another forum (names redacted to protect the innocent!) that the desert shot was taken from a McClaren promo shot from Bahrain.

Oh well... nice job of making it look realistically PD!

I guess PD's ability to hit a target launch date will depend on whether Sony decide at the last minute to force PD to make the game 4K 3D triple monitor capable... LOL

Message 62 of 70 (367 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44751 posts

May 4, 2013

Destinkeys wrote:

I saw on another forum (names redacted to protect the innocent!) that the desert shot was taken from a McClaren promo shot from Bahrain.

Are you blaming PD for someone else's fake image looking too good?

Message 63 of 70 (356 Views)
Gaming Beast
1621 posts

May 4, 2013

Getting Back to the OP, 

I speculate that we will see some of this New Technology in the Game.

I think we will Get to Race against Recorded Real World Lap times.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/recommend/d6589.html

The Only problem there: is if the Lap was recorded, un-like an AI car, it won't be able to adjust it's line based on Other cars on the track.

Or it could be that PD, uses the recorded line, and hybrids it with the AI to make it react to other cars..

Any way, I'm hoping we do get to race against real world race car drivers on the real tracks, with recorded laps.

Message 64 of 70 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2967 posts

May 4, 2013

WyldAnimal wrote:

Getting Back to the OP, 

The Only problem there: is if the Lap was recorded, un-like an AI car, it won't be able to adjust it's line based on Other cars on the track.

Or it could be that PD, uses the recorded line, and hybrids it with the AI to make it react to other cars..

Any way, I'm hoping we do get to race against real world race car drivers on the real tracks, with recorded laps.

I may be mistaken, so anyone with more accurate info by all means step up.:-)

When they ran the live challenge with David Coultard I believe they had his in-game car represented as a ghost car, so it would not interfere with anyone elses lines.

Same could be done for real-world laps.

Message 65 of 70 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

May 4, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

Destinkeys wrote:

Are you blaming PD for someone else's fake image looking too good?

Are you trying desperately to invent something negative in every word I post? LOL

Says what it says. Read whatever you want into it.

Message 66 of 70 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

May 4, 2013

WyldAnimal wrote:

Getting Back to the OP, 

The Coulthard TGTT thing exposed one or two very important shortcomings with GT5. First was how unrealistic grip levels are on all stock tires (weren't CM's about the closest to Coulthard's real lap times?) and how poorly GT5 adjudicated track cutting, either with a more massive loss of grip and control or with a penalty.

PD have quite a task on their hands if they are going to hold real life lap times up as a benchmark for gaming laps... Currently, we don't get these differences rubbed in our faces all the time, so it's easier to accept the 'sim' label. But when faced with real race drivers in real cars, on real tires (!) as the 'rabbit', we may have to adjust our impressions of the accuracy of the game when we start blowing these guys away, something we would probably never be able to do in real life!

I'm all for it if they can pull it off, but I'm sure it is going to be a wake up call to us all about how easy the game is compared to the real thing!

Message 67 of 70 (313 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 15, 2013

I really really hope their sounds have improved.. gt5 was disapointing.

Message 68 of 70 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5432 posts

May 15, 2013
Really, have you listened to OTHER GT games' sounds? GT5 is quite awesome in comparison!
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 69 of 70 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3735 posts

May 15, 2013

I'm just hoping the bulk of that 200 new cars is not taken up with 8-10 identical Nascars, 6-8 Ford GT LeMans. etc which are different only because of the livery.

If you are going to do that, you may as well count every paint choice as a 'different' car... 

At least with the cars in the Japanese series' we have now, there are slight differences here and there...

If we can't paint them, count identical cars as the same cars and count the livery choices as paint choices, that is what it is...

I can understand why they do this, but it's semi-misleading...

Message 70 of 70 (222 Views)
0 Likes