Feb 01 2013
By: kevinride First Son 4 posts

Game Breaker Patch 2.10

12 replies 400 views Edited Feb 1, 2013

The 2.10 patch pp changes have broken the game for me. Me and Im sure lots of other people have taken the time to tune and test many  

cars on all the tracks to find what works best for any given PP event. Also we have spent lots of time aquiring the paint colors for our cars through trades and even spending money on the DLC paint pack to get our cars the way we want them. But now with this new PP patch all my cars that I spent so much time tuning and painting (gold chrome) are not competitive anymore. The GT5 game that I learned to love is no longer the same game. They changes the core of our sand box after almost 2 years of great GT5 racing. When I play now it feels so different and has become unenjoyable. Maybe PD will learn the same thing the team at Star Wars Galaxies learned when they changed their sand box with a "Combat Upgrade". 

Message 1 of 13 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Re: Game Breaker Patch 2.10

Feb 1, 2013

just think, now you can tune a whole new set of ringer cars. then when another adjustment comes you'll get to do it all over again. u should look at it more like it's keeping things interesting. you must realize that 2.10 isn't going to be the final update don't you? mistakes happen, we can either walk it off and still have fun, or let it fester and be miserable.  i think i'll opt for having fun.

Message 2 of 13 (389 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Personally, I wouldn't be in such a rush to re-tune and paint any new cars for the new system. The consensus seems to be that something is quite broken (not just here but on the other main forums, too) and it is likely that PD may very well address this reasonably shortly. And, if they do that, once again you are back to square one...

What I suggest you do in the meantime, while waiting for the fix, is take some time to do shuffle and spec racing on low grip tires (CM-SH) and learn to deal with no aids and low grip before you return to blinged out, maxed out cars and high grip tires.

This would be a really good use of your time, far better than duping a bunch of gold chrome tickets! (You from Dubai? LOL)

Message 3 of 13 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Destinkeys wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't be in such a rush to re-tune and paint any new cars for the new system. The consensus seems to be that something is quite broken (not just here but on the other main forums, too) and it is likely that PD may very well address this reasonably shortly. And, if they do that, once again you are back to square one...

What I suggest you do in the meantime, while waiting for the fix, is take some time to do shuffle and spec racing on low grip tires (CM-SH) and learn to deal with no aids and low grip before you return to blinged out, maxed out cars and high grip tires.

This would be a really good use of your time, far better than duping a bunch of gold chrome tickets! (You from Dubai? LOL)

LOL!!! i know right!

Message 4 of 13 (355 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Feb 1, 2013

and I think it's worth mentioning that this pp change, broken or just undesirable to you, doesn't make those cars non-competetive.  It just makes them competetive with different cars.  the cars will simply be paired up different than before.

but I think it's safe to say we haven't seen the last of this PP tweaking...huhuh

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 5 of 13 (349 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I wonder if this OP will continue making threads like this every time his previous similar thread falls off the front page.

This thread being the third one firmly establishes the pattern ...

Message 6 of 13 (330 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

I never really liked gold chrome anyway.  But chrome chrome ...thats another story

Message 7 of 13 (315 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Feb 6, 2013

The thing that bothers me most is I was given something for almost 2 years and then it was taken from me and changed. I prefered driving 4wd cars, I developed a style around those cars and did very well. Now Im forced to drive FR cars witch is a completely different driving style and not as enjoyable as 4wd for me. Im not complaining becuase I cant win in a M3 or LFA anymore, I never used those cars but got beat by then many times.

Message 8 of 13 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3786 posts

Feb 6, 2013
Ok, I'll drive the van with "Free Candy" crudely written on the side...

And why are you being forced to drive FRs now?

Message 9 of 13 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 6, 2013

So, you were driving AWD cars and getting beat by M3s and LFAs.  You can continue to drive your AWD cars, you will just be getting beat by different cars.  I'm sorry, I don't see your problem.

DIsclaimer: My opinions are just that, MY opinions. They in no way shape or form express the opinions of anyone else unless they happen to agree with me.

Actual quote from a driver: "I never brake check anyone, but if I see you right behind me, I'm going to brake as hard as I can"
Message 10 of 13 (235 Views)
0 Likes