I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Re: Hacked cars in GT5

Apr 9, 2013

brianblaze420 wrote:

Stop bringing DIABLO 3 into this... People make legitimate cash off DIABLO 3... with GT5 no one is actually losing pocket money in it, if I could sell all 50 of my Supra RZ's for money then even I may be upset about cracking the save file lol

Who said anything about cash, legitimate or other wise?  I was simply pointing out a game with a singleplayer mode that requires you be online and how it hadn't stopped hackers.

But since you brought it up, weren't there people selling hacked cars for real money or PSN Store codes and such? 

I'm pretty sure PD / Sony would be somewhat upset if people profiting from these nefarious activities.  In fact I seem to remember back in the early days people were selling the RedBull X1 and other high credit / rare cars for real money, then they introduced all those nice gifting restrictions (granted that wasn't related to hacking but still).

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 431 of 713 (516 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Apr 9, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

With today's level of Internet technology, on-line game saves would cause more problems than they would solve.

If it was the only option, it would cut off off-line playing altogether.

That is an unacceptable cost for many players.

Lets not forget that sony was the victim of a hacker/hackers last year so we had to change our passwords etc. If our saves were stored online MastrGT is right no offline playing and whats to say sony wont be hacked again so our data would always be at risk. Then theres the issue what if the server goes down, no playing again if the server messes up ...data lost. Its too much of a risk if you ask me

Message 432 of 713 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3840 posts

Apr 9, 2013
Yeah, the hackers could get in and steal people's tuning secrets. Then those people would have to stop playing and everything...

(sorry. not feeling good...)
Message 433 of 713 (478 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
23 posts

Apr 9, 2013

At the risk of steering this thread off course, I will carefully put my two cents into a couple of the issues that have recently been brought up. Mainly, why this hacking started in the first place.....apparently. Tuning.

I think some of this could have been avoided had PD implemented a better tuning setup to begin with. And, even though I, personally, would enjoy a complex system, not unlike the systems in NASCAR 09 and NASCAR The Game, a simpler system might have stemmed the hacking somewhat. 

For starters, the cars need to be able to be tuned at all 4 wheels, individually, not just front and rear. Even keeping with the same attributes we can tune now, this would have been much better. What racing series ever tunes at just the front and rear?????? This just seems so obvious to me. This, alone, would have solved 75% of the tuning wishes for 75% of gamers. 

For the more experienced tuners, simple adds should have included tire pressures, individually at all 4 wheels, setting camber left to right as opposed to F/R and, during a pit stop, changing tires for left/right instead of F/R. Again, what racing series changes just the fronts, or just the rears?????

Maybe, just maybe, if these simple inclusions would have been in the game, as they SHOULD be in a "Real Driving Simulator", people might not have felt the need to change them illegally. 

I am, in NO way, defending the hackers, or the individuals applying the hacks. Their actions, were, are and always will be reprehensible, illegal and game destroying. I'm simply saying that maybe, just maybe, PD didn't do themselves any favors by restricting the tuning as tightly as they did. I could have gotten much more technical with tuning wishes, but I didn't because I think these simple, common sense, changes I mentioned, might have been enough for most gamers. 

My two cents may only be worth about half a cent here, but there it is. :-/

Message 434 of 713 (470 Views)
MVP Support
45124 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Oh, I think you gave us full value there. Smiley Happy

PD also didn't do themselves any favourite by leaving unused code in GT5 that could be adjusted.

Nothings says that it can't be removed, if they so wish.

Message 435 of 713 (456 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Apr 9, 2013

dmcallis wrote:
Yeah, the hackers could get in and steal people's tuning secrets. Then those people would have to stop playing and everything...

(sorry. not feeling good...)
Sorry i meant to imply towards they could easily have access to all your data , your DLC items etc and if sadistic enough do what ever they want to your account. Sorry for any confusion

Message 436 of 713 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3840 posts

Apr 9, 2013
I know.

I was poking at those who said (not necessarily in this thread) that if PD gave people access to their tunes, it would force them to stop playing.

I have earlier said that one way to totally stop hacking as a problem (and to give us greater abilities in specing out races) was if PD just let us see everyone's tuning sheet in a room. Cheaters would kinda have nowhere to run, assuming the sheets actually displayed the hacks too...

You're good.
Message 437 of 713 (419 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Apr 10, 2013

We have a lot of valid points in this thread but lets be realistic. If PD patch the hackers will find a way around it . Its just a circle which will go round and round.

Personally i think they have done all they can for now as im not sure if their legally allowed to scan your ps3 due to the data protection act.

if we could save online race replays we could submit them to PD as evidence , i feel that is the only solution as we then have the evidence required for a ban.

Message 438 of 713 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Apr 10, 2013

flipflop1982 wrote:

Personally i think they have done all they can for now as im not sure if their legally allowed to scan your ps3 due to the data protection act.

Didn't stop EA doing it with Origin on PC.  It's basically spyware used to launch games.

All I'm going to say is I bought every Activision COD game until the hacking went wild.  They allowed hacks and did very little about it.  Last Activision game I bought was COD WAW, same with my friends.   Now I'm also done with EA because of the fiasco of DICE only having FPS servers in 4 locations around the world yet selling the game to every region creating a laggy mess and doing nothing about people hopping regions.   The simcity always on mess helped that decision.  Allowing super soft hacks and other random garbage will only discredit the Academy and PD if they do nothing about it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 439 of 713 (313 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Apr 10, 2013

flipflop1982 wrote:

We have a lot of valid points in this thread but lets be realistic. If PD patch the hackers will find a way around it . Its just a circle which will go round and round.

if we could save online race replays we could submit them to PD as evidence , i feel that is the only solution as we then have the evidence required for a ban.

Once you accept the PS3's EULA, SCE can look at whatever they want on your PS3. 

Relevant bits: "...SCE may retrieve information about your hardware and software for authentication, copy protection, account blocking, system monitoring/diagnostics, rules enforcement, game management, marketing purposes, tracking user behavior and other purposes... SCE may use DNAS (Dynamic Network Authentication System), a proprietary system designed to authenticate game titles and the PS3™ system when you connect the PS3™ system to a network, to collect this information....SCE reserves the right to use any other authentication or security system, or method in connection with the PS3™ system."

Message 440 of 713 (307 Views)
0 Likes