I Only Post Everything
1033 posts

Re: Hacked cars in GT5

May 1, 2013

Destinkeys wrote:

52 pages and counting, and STILL some people try to say that there is/was little interest in hybrid cars and modding. And, at larger forums, thousands of posts.

Try as hard as you like to discount the practice, it seems to have stirred up the greatest interest back in the game we have seen for a long time.

Or perhaps it's 52 pages and counting, and STILL there is a visceral outcry AGAINST the modificattion of save game files / the use of modified cars.

Of those 52 pages how many different people are actually offering opinions for / against the use of modified cars?  I can't say as I've actually counted but I'd be willing to bet it's less individuals than number of pages for the entire thread (possibily less than half even). 

That's not to say there isn't a great deal of interest in hacking at game code, save files and other related data for this or any game (there always will be) but you can't simply judge the contents of a literary piece by the title and the number of pages.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Please use plain text.
Message 521 of 710 (595 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

May 1, 2013

Seems to me that both sides of the coin are represented.

I must admit, as opposed to hacking as I am for the purposes of general racing, I see little harm in it if kept offline or easily exposed in a public or private room. It is a shame PD couldn't figure out how to achieve this, and it's a shame their solution still hasn't completely stamped it out online, but given their focus on GT6, I can understand the nature of their response (late as it was).

But it quite effectively exposed the two camps in Gran Turismo's players... the drivers, and the racers. Of course, from a single thread, it is quite tough to come up with figures pro and con, but you can't deny that BOTH sides are vehement about their position!

One can only hope that PD have finally awakened to the need for FAR more detailed scrutinizing and handicapping for race hosts, and if this whole affair has the result of them incorporating this into GT6, it will have been a good thing..! After all, if the save was hacked that easily, unless GT6 is PS4 (odds seem slim), it is likely to happen again. Allowing a scan of a vehicle's upgrade path and comparison to stock might do away with this (auto-ejection or auto-disqualification as a consequence) would be of great benefit to us all...

Please use plain text.
Message 522 of 710 (589 Views)
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

May 3, 2013

Imo, hacking the game to go faster or whatever is lame. I don't seek any advantage over the competition other than what I bring to the table myself. I KNOW there are lots of racers way faster than me and I accept that and actually enjoy watching the replays to see their racing lines and whatnot. Far as I know I haven't encountered a hacked car but shame on them for trying to get around the rules of GT5  to get a win or whatever. So that's my feeling on that matter.

Please use plain text.
Message 523 of 710 (554 Views)
I Only Post Everything
785 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

Imo, hacking the game to go faster or whatever is lame. Far as I know I haven't encountered a hacked car but shame on them for trying to get around the rules of GT5  to get a win or whatever. So that's my feeling on that matter.

Problem is, this is the main assumption for hacking, whereas if you have a discussion with groups of those that do it, you'll find it's only the people that would normally try and cheat who tried this. The vast majority just wanted more customization and did nothing else, they were not after an advantage, just a better looking/sounding car.

It's a bummer that PD managed to remove the more 'harmless cars' that were kept offline but retained the super powerful, sound barrier braking hybrids that can enter most rooms. Hopefully another patch soon will fix this issue.

To be honest, I think the best thing PD could have done is use an accept/decline option for hybrids in online lobbies. They already have the code setup to detect a hybrid car, so this way nornal rooms could still be normal rooms, and the screaming 8 year old kids who like to do 2000MPH around Route X or Cicruit De La Sarthe while exclaiming "Herp derp, this is so cool!!" would have all congregated into one pathetic miserable corner of the servers, away from everyone else. I imagine doing this would actually help to clean up most of the standard rooms, since the kids would then have their own little place to ram the living daylights out of each other, rather than in clean PP rooms.

Please use plain text.
Message 524 of 710 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

Lewis_Hamilton_ wrote:

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

Imo, hacking the game to go faster or whatever is lame. Far as I know I haven't encountered a hacked car but shame on them for trying to get around the rules of GT5  to get a win or whatever. So that's my feeling on that matter.

Problem is, this is the main assumption for hacking, whereas if you have a discussion with groups of those that do it, you'll find it's only the people that would normally try and cheat who tried this. The vast majority just wanted more customization and did nothing else, they were not after an advantage, just a better looking/sounding car.

It's a bummer that PD managed to remove the more 'harmless cars' that were kept offline but retained the super powerful, sound barrier braking hybrids that can enter most rooms. Hopefully another patch soon will fix this issue.

To be honest, I think the best thing PD could have done is use an accept/decline option for hybrids in online lobbies. They already have the code setup to detect a hybrid car, so this way nornal rooms could still be normal rooms, and the screaming 8 year old kids who like to do 2000MPH around Route X or Cicruit De La Sarthe while exclaiming "Herp derp, this is so cool!!" would have all congregated into one pathetic miserable corner of the servers, away from everyone else. I imagine doing this would actually help to clean up most of the standard rooms, since the kids would then have their own little place to ram the living daylights out of each other, rather than in clean PP rooms.

But still, hacking the game to get a better sounding car and more customization imo is wack. When you run a points series like I do, any advantage gained by hacking is cheating. I don't condone or will accept any of that going on when I'm a host. A 5000hp car or whatever can bring havoc to to a points series and that's what I'm afraid of. Imo a series based on points should be decided on the skills and strategies of the racers, not on who can hack the game code the best. Know what I mean? Not trying to get up on a soap box here but as someone who values true results and skills, I can't and won't accept or condone hacking of GT5.

Imo any series I have hosted have resulted in a winner that has not resorted to hacking to win nor have they hacked for sound or customization.

Please use plain text.
Message 525 of 710 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

May 4, 2013

I also think that those who are doing subtle, hard to detect hacks to gain advantage are pretty unwilling to come out and say they are doing it, so any discussion about the matter is going to be biased towards the cosmetic hacks...

PD need to seriously revisit how they let hosts scrutinize cars' specs. MUCH tighter restrictions need to be available, IMO.

Plus, as I've said before, a radical increase in the number of STOCK cars from the recommended list would allow hosts to set up spec races with a good choice of different cars, all tested to be very close in performance. No chance whatsoever of hacking affecting those...

Please use plain text.
Message 526 of 710 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Jun 3, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

So what is it like breaking the sound barrier in a production car? :smileyvery-happy:

Not that I wanted to Revive this thread, but I got around to posting some pics and a short Video of breaking the Sound Barrier.

up loaded to my Sky Drive

http://sdrv.ms/18IiHLV

Please use plain text.
Message 527 of 710 (419 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1289 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Nice photos!:smileywink:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 528 of 710 (384 Views)
0 Likes
GT Silver
2184 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Hey guys, I was just browsing random YouTube videos and came across this.

Look what game is suffering from a similar problem from GT5 a few months back.

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Please use plain text.
Message 529 of 710 (281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2013

not here to revive a completely dead thread, just here to give my opinion. 

having read through most of this thread, i see a few sides of the arguement. i see people that want others banned because of the rocket-on-wheels madness, and want PD to do something about it and i see the side where people, arent in full agreement of hacking but dont see what they are doing that is massively wrong. (though i havent read all 53 pages). 

I for one, havent hacked/moded/hexed the game. i've seen others do it, and a few times wished i knew how to in the fact that i wanted my car to look as cool as their's. for the most part, im on the 'dont mind that they are doing it, i see they are doing wrong' side of things, but i totaly understand the view of the other side of this arguement. all i have seen online (out of the hacked cars i have seen) is Hellaflush/JDM styled cars, no rear wing slammed on the floor with a million degree's of camber. i have also seen the 'darker' side of this debacle, those little kids who have shared those rocket-on-wheels cars, that they have found online and shared with a mate. 

in an honest admitance, FOR THE LOOKS SIDE OF THE CAR WORLD (understand this, simply cosmetics) i would have done it, if i had the knowledge to do so. i dont want to break the sound barrier, whats the point, there's no good effect of it in game, i'd get a better experiance on youtube. i like my cars to look good, i like to go in lobby's and show off (thats why i drift) i like people to compliment me on my car and 'accidently' ram for damage, because they wish they had one. many a time i have been scammed out of cars on GT5 (which made me wish duping was still available, **bleep** SCAMMERS! but thats a whole different story)  

What do you see in this video for example? do you see those rocket wielding maniac's that you keep persistantly bringing us back to? NO, what you see is people showing off, making it look like a real car they idolise, having fun with a few friends. not travling at a million miles an hour, screaming obsenities at each other like an angry mob. 

Just my 2 cents, not that it's worth 2 cents. it's just sometimes, i see people get so against some things, they dont see the good side of what is being done. use this as food for thought, perhaps PD anticipated someone would find these 'hidden features' of the game, but it got way out of hand to what they though would happen. 

LWR

Please use plain text.
Message 530 of 710 (205 Views)