Nov 09 2012
By: Grundberg I Only Post Everything 1324 posts

Happy Second Anniversary, Gran Turismo 5!

[ Edited ]
13 replies 800 views Edited Nov 13, 2012

GT5 logo.jpg

SECOND ANNIVERSARY

On the twenty-fourth day of this month, November, we proudly observe the two-year anniversary of the Gran Turismo 5 launch date. I wish to dedicate my 1,000th post on this Forum to the announcement of this milestone. Happy second anniversary, Gran Turismo 5 on the PlayStation 3!

When I first discovered an interest in the video game racing genre, I was initially hooked on the Need For Speed family by Electronic Arts. However, that ship was abandoned when Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec reached the shelves in April of 2001. Instantly, my attention toward the racing genre took a sharp turn from arcade to simulation. Granted, it took a few months to acclimate myself to the realistic mechanics of the cars, but in time, I felt more and more comfortable with the control schemes.

Eventually, I would own Gran Turismo 4 and play it just as faithfully. Short of six years later, I purchased Gran Turismo 5. Throughout the evolution of this series, I have noticed drastic improvements in graphics, control, realism and content. The Gran Turismo series continues to evolve, amaze and impress at every corner -- straight down to the frequent offerings of downloadable content, upgrades and patches. The Gran Turismo 5 environment draws us in so immensely, we feel as though we're really on the track, driving cars we feel like we really own, purchased with funds we feel like we really earned.

During my time spent in GT5, I have collected every available car in the game, aced all License tests, completed both A-Spec and B-Spec careers and finished most special events. Currently, I keep busy racing the Seasonal events regularly and obtaining as many zero-mileage standard cars as I can. It seems as though with every passing month, Gran Turismo 5 never exhausts of opportunities to develop and explore. In addition, we tend to spend a lot of time collecting paints, upgrading and tuning our favorite cars or merely trying to keep our credits maxed. But there is one unmistakeable feature we cannot neglect to mention: online racing. The online racing portion of the game has acquired massive interest, and this plays a major part in the competitive environment.

It deserves mention that the experience we've enjoyed in Gran Turismo 5 has substantially exceeded the product's price tag. Most importantly, we can confidently state that Gran Turismo 5 has expanded our knowledge of driving skills, manufacturer history, car mechanics and behavior.

Last, but certainly not least, I would like to express my deepest thanks to Polyphony Digital for such an amazing racing franchise. I would also like to thank the friends I've made here, at the PlayStation Forums, who have offered strategies, tips and advice to further each other's progress in the game. I've had the pleasant experience of partaking in online races with several of you as well, which helps a great deal to familiarize oneself with other gamers in the GT5 community. In fact, the game has such a strong following that we see new Forum members appearing on the GT5 board every week.

Friends, I've never been great with words...so I hope this dedication comes across in a clear and concise manner. Gran Turismo 5 is one of those unforgettably historic titles which make us proud to be gamers. Please join me in this celebratory acknowledgement of the two-year anniversary of Gran Turismo 5 for the PlayStation 3. May this title see several more installments to come!

Car.jpg

- Grundberg

Current PS4 library: Grand Theft Auto V, Madden 15, Resogun, Super Stardust Ultra, Tetris Ultimate, WWE 2K15
Message 1 of 14 (800 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1021 posts

Re: Happy Second Anniversary, Gran Turismo 5!

Nov 10, 2012

Great post.  I love this game also....faults and all.

aka smokeethetire
Message 2 of 14 (749 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Agreed!!! Hopefully they will let us support them financially by giving us some DLC  this 24th!!!

Grundberg, your words were very clear and concise, good job, great post!!!

Message 3 of 14 (744 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3091 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Message 4 of 14 (727 Views)
Sackboy
492 posts

Nov 10, 2012

Counldn't agree more! I actually pre-ordered GT5 5 months in advance :smileyvery-happy: just to know I HAD my copy on launch day. They held a midnight release for it, got it at midnight and played it for 9 hours straight. Thanksgiving??  hahah, I spent that Thanksgiving playing GT5, just couldn't put the controller down.

Message 5 of 14 (694 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Great Post Grundberg!

Happy Second Anniversary GT!

Message 6 of 14 (656 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Happy anniversary gt5 I still remeber the great times I played Grand Turismo on ps2.

Message 7 of 14 (637 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
42866 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Grundberg wrote:

It deserves mention that the experience I've enjoyed in Gran Turismo 5 has substantially exceeded the product's price tag. Most importantly, I can confidently state that my experience in Gran Turismo 5 has expanded my knowledge of driving skills, manufacturer history, car mechanics and behavior.

I think a lot of GT players fall into this category.

Grundberg wrote: 

Friends, I've never been great with words...so I hope this dedication comes across in a clear and concise manner.

You may feel that you are not great with words, but you have always been on focus with the game and respectful to everyone here. Reaching 1,000 posts is a milestone that a lot of members won't acheive, but doing it with quality posts is something to be proud of, which is why I nominated this topic for "Post Of The Week". :smileywink:

Good luck!

Message 8 of 14 (626 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1121 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Great words/job Grundberg.  Happy, Happy.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 9 of 14 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
33 posts

Nov 18, 2012

great post

Message 10 of 14 (558 Views)
0 Likes