Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
8 posts

Re: Hello, DLC!

Feb 6, 2013
I agree, they should put more tracks to the game.. all the old tracks from gt4..Paris, el capitain, seattle new york, I cant drive my rally cars..wheres chamonix grand canyon tahiti maze..
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 73 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
8347 posts

Feb 6, 2013

while I would love to see some half-a##'d tracks just thrown in for good measure to keep us playing, I also realize that their focus after 2+ years needs to be on the next game.

and by next game, I have to qualify what that means for GT.

Unlike most games out there, GT is more of a "1.0, 2.0,...5.0" release of the same game.  The format stays pretty much the same, and improvements to all areas are applied for each version that comes out.

Not only that, but the mantra of needing to have continuous flow of DLC could easily be supplied by PD doing what many other companies do, and that is hang on to content and simply release it later.

PD could have done something like give us 800 cars instead of 1,000, and released 200+ cars as DLC.

That WOULD have caused this argument to never happen, but it would also be a huge rip-off.  I'm glad PD didn't rip us off in this manner so if that makes me a fanboy then so be it.

ALthough anyone who reads my posts knows there are many things I criticize them for, so whatever...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 73 (204 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Feb 6, 2013

exXboxFan wrote:

while I would love to see some half-a##'d tracks just thrown in for good measure to keep us playing, I also realize that their focus after 2+ years needs to be on the next game.

and by next game, I have to qualify what that means for GT.

Unlike most games out there, GT is more of a "1.0, 2.0,...5.0" release of the same game.  The format stays pretty much the same, and improvements to all areas are applied for each version that comes out.

Not only that, but the mantra of needing to have continuous flow of DLC could easily be supplied by PD doing what many other companies do, and that is hang on to content and simply release it later.

PD could have done something like give us 800 cars instead of 1,000, and released 200+ cars as DLC.

That WOULD have caused this argument to never happen, but it would also be a huge rip-off.  I'm glad PD didn't rip us off in this manner so if that makes me a fanboy then so be it.

ALthough anyone who reads my posts knows there are many things I criticize them for, so whatever...

whatever you fanboy, and all you other fanboys,  this games sucks, and the hundred people on my friends list that only play this game are no fun either. i mean how are we supposed to  find anything  exciting or fun to do with this game. it's content is so limited, and the online community is so nonexistant. if only someone would maybe start a racing  league, then we could have some clean and organized races. maybe they could throw in an endurace race from time to time. someone could also maybe come up with a friday night event, and call it the midnight show. maybe then we could get someting on saturday going, we could call it gt saturdays. sadly because of the selfish laziness that exists here in gt5 world no one will ever step up to the plate and get these kind of events going. that did it i will never play gt games again!!

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 73 (195 Views)
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Nice one hey!! You make it sound so real!!

BANG

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 73 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Feb 6, 2013

THANK YOU , THANK YOU, I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK!!

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 73 (179 Views)
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Feb 6, 2013

LOL. must be having a slow day at work huh, you always crack me up hey!! BTW, I hope you've had a chance to work on the Enduro car because I haven't touched it since the first test, been fighting Wind for a Championship.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 73 (177 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3265 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

hey, you are so right, if only I was able to be involved in organising two regular weekly race sessions that the same people showed up for every week, rain or shine, network permitting, for over a year and a half, then this sucky game would be so much better!   

Perhaps it is ironic that with the success of this game, that there is still a strong online and forum community more than two years after release, it means that there is still an active community around here for people to complain to.   A lack of DLC after all this time is only going to make or break somebody's enjoyment of this game if they let it.     Any DLC that shows up would be a welcome bonus, but not worth fussing about if it doesn't show up.   

Rather than whatever DLC has been provided, my view is that the introduction of remote B-Spec racing did more for the continued success of this game than DLC cars or tracks ever will.   Establishing a connection though remote-racing was the gateway for many people's further enjoyment when that connection translated through to online racing.  B-Spec may be maligned by some, but there is no doubt that it played an important role for many in this community.   This is a multi-faceted game that people can enjoy in more than one way.

If enjoying this game for what it is, instead of complaining about what it isn't makes me a fanboy, then so be it.   Not to be must make me a hater, right?

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 73 (175 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Feb 6, 2013

SSRacing69 wrote:

LOL. must be having a slow day at work huh, you always crack me up hey!! BTW, I hope you've had a chance to work on the Enduro car because I haven't touched it since the first test, been fighting Wind for a Championship.

LOL not yet ss, i hope to get on this soon, but life is certainly interupting

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 73 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
40994 posts

Feb 6, 2013

OzDaddy62 wrote:

A lack of DLC after all this time is only going to make or break somebody's enjoyment of this game if they let it.

Anyone who was around here during the GT5 Prologue days knows this is so true. That small release proved that it isn't what you've got, but how you use it that matters. The saddest GT players were the ones stuck off-line waiting for someone else to do something for them.

Hey is right. If the OP looks at things differently rather than focusing on one aspect of modern games, I think he would be a much happier player.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 73 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Feb 6, 2013

I don't let the lack of DLC get me down. Sure it would be nice to at least get some of the tracks that were already in the earlier versions of GT. Just having Infineon would be a big plus for the guy's that run a lot of Nascar. Fortunately the on line community is strong and league racing keeps me very busy. I've never viewed GT as a "game". For me it is the platform that I use to compete on a regular basis for Championships. I don't just jump into races unprepared. Testing, tuning, working out pit strategies takes time and is very enjoyable, particularly when you've got a bunch of drivers working together to get the most out of the car. In fact, there is far more racing than I have time to do so I have to choose which Events I'm going to commit to. PD's occasional update's help keep things fresh, even minor changes to things like tire wear can require tuning and pit strategy changes.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 73 (147 Views)
0 Likes