Dec 20 2012
By: faceman557 Hekseville Citizen 314 posts

Hello, DLC!

[ Edited ]
72 replies 785 views Edited Dec 21, 2012

It seams the land of the rising sun, has had a sunset. Haven't seen but two tracks and a **bleepy** useless test track.

Oh and a hand full of cars. They have fallen well short of a DLC every few months

If we have to wait another three to four years for GT6, now would be a great time to release an old school track pack. But I guess If they were as smart as they think they are, the DLC would already be here.

Its not if your confused, they are missing a golden opportunity to breath some new life back into this game.

Without any new tracks, I thinks its about time to take old GT5 out back, and shoot it. 

Edit: profanity removed

Ferrari F1 Season 2 Champ-6 wins 9 podiums
Exotics Season 2 Champ-5 wins 13 podiums
FGT Season 1 Champ 5 wins 5 podiums
Acura NSX '91 season 1 Got my A$$ handed to me 1 win
Megane Trophy Season 1 Champ 9 wins 9 podiums
Message 1 of 73 (785 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Re: Hello, DLC!

Dec 20, 2012

Let me guess? Your also bored with the planet because no new animals have arrived in the last few million years. If you are in a league I can't imagine how you could be so tired of the game? Endless events, Great AI ( actual intelligence) and friends with a common interest.

If your constantly waiting for someone to put something on your plate you will always go hungry!! Get online and race man!!

TPRA Race like its real!!

Message 2 of 73 (763 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Well stated Bamboo!

I get so much out of these rants! They are so productive and will no doubt revolutionize the game.....by tomorrow!! LOL

BANG

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Message 3 of 73 (740 Views)
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Well it's settled then, Kaz needs fired and faceman557 needs to be running the show.  He knows for certanty how to run the company and what everyone else besides himself wants as far as DLC.

Merry Christmas to us!   ....oh come all ye faithfull....

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 4 of 73 (701 Views)
VP of Gaming
28798 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Message 5 of 73 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Oh no, the fanboys unite. There's always a group of people who follow something so blindly that it's hilarious.

I would love to see how many people are online playing GT5, what the 10 or 15 that post here and maybe 100 more.

You would have to be a fool to think that now is not a perfect time to release a quality DLC.

Ferrari F1 Season 2 Champ-6 wins 9 podiums
Exotics Season 2 Champ-5 wins 13 podiums
FGT Season 1 Champ 5 wins 5 podiums
Acura NSX '91 season 1 Got my A$$ handed to me 1 win
Megane Trophy Season 1 Champ 9 wins 9 podiums
Message 6 of 73 (689 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1665 posts

Re: Hello, ODL!

Dec 21, 2012

My question Mr.. Facepalm is what was the content I received on Wed. night? It may not have been new content but it was most certainly downloaded. Just because a company shows no interest in exploiting every opportunity to take a couple bucks here and there doesn't mean they aren't changing things up and keeping it fresh. Open your eyes and turn on the game, there is always something new to do. Have you really driven every car in the game, beaten every seasonal, etc. etc.?  It's o.k if you lack the imagination to create scenarios to keep you entertained, but please don't think it's endearing to come here and belittle those that do. Merry Christmas......

Photobucket
Message 7 of 73 (685 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4590 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Why do some people get so mad about stuff like this?  Is that what life and happiness is really all about, getting GT5 DLC every couple of months?

Oh well, maybe do something else for entertainment in the meantime, read a good book, finish Christmas shopping, or learn the hokey pokey, 'cus really....... that's what it's all about.

Message 8 of 73 (673 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Dec 21, 2012
Playing the Devil's Advocate here for a moment, wasn't there originally some official talk regarding a fairly steady stream of DLC packs every few months a while back?

I could well be wrong about that, or just incorrect, my memory isn't as accurate as I remember it once was.

Actually I did some checking because I don't always trust my own self, if you take a look back you'll find we've had I think 7 "sets" of content released since October of 2011

Spec 2.0 update
DLC 1 - TC cars, paint, suits, SPA / Kart tracks)
DLC 2 - cars: Mini, VWs, Nissan GT-R Black)
DLC 3 - Route X, Speed Test, some cars: Aventador, Leaf, etc
DLC 4 - Twin Ring Motegi, Scion FR-S
DLC 5 - Subaru BR-Z, Honda Weider, N24 GT-R
DLC 6 - Corvette C7 Prototype in a bag

That's not even counting the various limited time free stuff that was released through academy participation and just as limited time free gifts for one reason or another.

Even discounting the original Spec 2.0 update there's 6 clear DLC releases in the space of about 13 months which technically isn't all that bad.

Surely it might not be the exact type of DLC we all would want but that's not important right now.
Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 9 of 73 (659 Views)
MVP Support
44607 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Feldynn wrote:
Playing the Devil's Advocate here for a moment, wasn't there originally some official talk regarding a fairly steady stream of DLC packs every few months a while back?

Yes, there was. IGN SEMA interview, 2011.

Weigh that against: "Now we have the feedback from our customers and we'll see how that will affect what we will do from here."

Message 10 of 73 (653 Views)
0 Likes