Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3545 posts

Re: Hello, DLC!

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

bramp1986 wrote:

I dont understand why its taking so long to make a new dlc. Im waiting forr a long time now and I would like to see some of the old tracks from gt's. Or maybe better a whole pack, it shouldn't be that difficult, I would pay lots of money for this..

Please make new tracks.. or old tracks, Paris, el capitain, rally tracks.. chamonix grand canyon, tahiti maze I wanna drive my cars!:smileyhappy:

Understand that PD is focused on GT6 now, and mainly have been for the past couple years.  It would stand to reason any new tracks and cars being made are going into the new game.  And why shouldn't they be, does GT5 not have enough content already?  If they were still making tracks and cars for GT5 on a constant basis, then what's left and what's new for GT6?  You'd have little to no reason to buy GT6 when all that content is coming to GT5 also.  That business model doesn't seem very smart.

As far as comments of promises of DLC being released on a regular bases...by who's standards are we rating 'regular bases'?  Someone "reading between the lines" of some article of some 3rd party webpage, forum rumors, their own perceptions, based on the frequency and comparison of what other game companies are doing??  How do we know the frequency of DLC we've already got, wasn't Kaz's exact definition of what he considered 'on a regular basis'?

Running a business, things change day to day and so must be how you run your business.  You might say something to your customers one day, but 6 months from now things change and you can no longer do as you hoped.  I feel sorry for those who don't realize this and take everything a company says as the word of God in the bible, something set in stone, and MUST be fulfilled no matter what.

Knowing that PD is fully focused on GT6, it stands to reason to not expect much more DLC for GT5.  To continue to complain about 'where's the constant flow of DLC we was promised' is foolish in my opinion at this point.  Besides, where did Kaz say the words, "I promise"??

Enough!

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 73 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Feb 6, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

OzDaddy62 wrote:

A lack of DLC after all this time is only going to make or break somebody's enjoyment of this game if they let it.

Anyone who was around here during the GT5 Prologue days knows this is so true. That small release proved that it isn't what you've got, but how you use it that matters. The saddest GT players were the ones stuck off-line waiting for someone else to do something for them.

Hey is right. If the OP looks at things differently rather than focusing on one aspect of modern games, I think he would be a much happier player.

Yeah what Mastr said. prologue gave us what, 60 cars, and 5 tracks, and thousands of hours of fun races. more important however was all the people i met, and can call friends along the way. it's funny, Mrs. hey  will ask if i'm gaming on any given day. i will quickly correct her, and say why yes i am  RACING, or no i'm not RACING with my friends today.

For many of us gt guys it's more then just a game. it is a way for us to get out and RACE without all the expenses of owning a real race car. after all if i had unlimited funds, rest assured i would take all my friends here and buy them all cars.  i would then  take them with me to all the tracks around the world.  we would race, and race, and race. until then i'll roll here.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 73 (230 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2670 posts

Feb 6, 2013
I'd just point out that DLC is DownLoadable Content.

We HAVE been getting that on a regular basis. All the freeebie cars, be it the Honda race car, The Toyota (etc) 86, the Corvette, the Gt-Rs, as well as the prizes for GTAcademy. All these were downloadable, no?

It wasn't what we thought we were goint to get (Massive car packs, multiple tracks, etc), but it is technically what we were promised.

Right?
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 73 (220 Views)
Fender Bender
3545 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Yes, it is!  And we have got DLC on a regular basis weather it was tracks one time, a car pack another time, free DLC for completing a Seasonal Event, free DLC for participating in GT Academy, the free Corvette we just got, etc. 

To the best of my knowledge, Kaz never mentioned what his specific definition of 'on a regular basis' meant, nor did he give specifics on the volume of content that would be in each DLC when released.

That was the interpretation and misconception of those now complaining because they expected more.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 73 (189 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41112 posts

Feb 7, 2013

The last time I counted, there was something like 17 DLC items of various types. Maybe it is 18-19, now, with the Stingrays.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 73 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3545 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2013

Considering there technically was no obligation for PD to give us anything, and knowing that PD's main focus now is GT6, I appreciate what we got and would understand why, if we didn't get anything else.  As I've mentioned in other threads, at this point I think I want all new DLC to be put in GT6 so that game has a lot of new stuff in it, so when I buy it and start playing it I'll be like, "WOW, look at all the new premium cars, and all the new tracks there are!  Check out the new game mode we've never had before.  Oooo, it's got a better track generator, the AI is finally competitive, online servers are more reliable and the options to filter and sort rooms is way better!!!!"  That's the kind of excitement I'm hoping for MastrGT ol buddy!!  LOL

If they're still spending too much time on this game, then they aren't spending the time they need to make GT6 = WOW!

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 73 (178 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41112 posts

Feb 7, 2013

The second-gen per platform always ended up with more content and, since I haven't used every car yet, I'll quickly snap up any new tracks they send our way. Otherwise, of course holding back on DLC for 6 makes sense, in the long run. Some players won't like it, but what else is new?

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 73 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Feb 7, 2013

exXboxFan wrote:

while I would love to see some half-a##'d tracks just thrown in for good measure to keep us playing, I also realize that their focus after 2+ years needs to be on the next game.

So Spa and Motegi were half **** tracks? Or Kart Space didn't make kart racing indoors seem realistic? Really..?

I think what you are inferring is that PD cannot make tracks fast enough to provide DLC (however half-whatevered you want to call it) and STILL have plenty left over to make GT6 not seem like a mere update. Other studios seem to manage it.

I still don't get how this seems to be a problem. Making tracks for DLC pays for itself. Many times over. So, if it is self sufficient, why not TWO track teams? One for the new game, one making them for DLC (and those will get rolled into the new game anyway).

If PD's usual 4 year cycle of game development is anything to go by (and the PS4 drops in a year or so), are we really stuck with GT5's track list for the next two years? All in the name of letting PD concentrate on GT6? I'm not buying that...

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 73 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
8367 posts

Feb 7, 2013

OzDaddy62 wrote:

hey, you are so right, if only I was able to be involved in organising two regular weekly race sessions that the same people showed up for every week, rain or shine, network permitting, for over a year and a half, then this sucky game would be so much better!   

Perhaps it is ironic that with the success of this game, that there is still a strong online and forum community more than two years after release, it means that there is still an active community around here for people to complain to.   A lack of DLC after all this time is only going to make or break somebody's enjoyment of this game if they let it.     Any DLC that shows up would be a welcome bonus, but not worth fussing about if it doesn't show up.   

Rather than whatever DLC has been provided, my view is that the introduction of remote B-Spec racing did more for the continued success of this game than DLC cars or tracks ever will.   Establishing a connection though remote-racing was the gateway for many people's further enjoyment when that connection translated through to online racing.  B-Spec may be maligned by some, but there is no doubt that it played an important role for many in this community.   This is a multi-faceted game that people can enjoy in more than one way.

If enjoying this game for what it is, instead of complaining about what it isn't makes me a fanboy, then so be it.   Not to be must make me a hater, right?

hey is right... all sarcasm asside, it's a really revealing argument.  I mean, whenever I see someone online on the PS3, they are usually in GT5... STILL

When I go to the Tuna lounges to race, they are usually FULL or close to FULL.

GT Saturdays has had some really successFULL events as well.

The TPRA is still going very strong and filling up their events.

Oz's Sunday and Friday rooms stay relatively full, especially Sundays.  More or less the same group since its inception.

Oz mentioned Remote B-Spec'ing.  Wow how that really opened up the community and got people into hanging out who wouldn't have before.  It was probably an unintended consequnce of B-spec that we would all need to rely on each other to build up cash etc.  Then, we suddently had people we appreciated, honored, and respected on our friends lists.  Then if you wanted to race, you'd go to those people to race with!

Sometimes I wonder if this game's community exists purely by accident or by some grand design.  They make the game so hard to work through and progress that we have to rely on each other for shortcuts remote b-spec and sending tickets.  Well, whatever the plan was or wasn't, it's worked!!

It is nice whenever we get a new car like the C7 so that a bunch of events can be run using a new car, even it if is not tunable.  But many will find enjoyment from the racing and there are still hundreds of cars we have not driven.

I'll say it again.  PD could have easily given us 600-800 cars which would still be more than ANY game, and release hundreds of DLC cars but I for one am greatful that we've had them this whole time.

With all that said, GT6 does need to wow us in ways never done before, and provide a lot of new content over GT5 to keep us playing GT.  They do need to step up their game especially with another worthy competetor finally entering the ring very soon.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 73 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
8367 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Destinkeys wrote:

exXboxFan wrote:

while I would love to see some half-a##'d tracks just thrown in for good measure to keep us playing, I also realize that their focus after 2+ years needs to be on the next game.

So Spa and Motegi were half **** tracks? Or Kart Space didn't make kart racing indoors seem realistic? Really..?

I think what you are inferring is that PD cannot make tracks fast enough to provide DLC (however half-whatevered you want to call it) and STILL have plenty left over to make GT6 not seem like a mere update. Other studios seem to manage it.

I still don't get how this seems to be a problem. Making tracks for DLC pays for itself. Many times over. So, if it is self sufficient, why not TWO track teams? One for the new game, one making them for DLC (and those will get rolled into the new game anyway).

If PD's usual 4 year cycle of game development is anything to go by (and the PS4 drops in a year or so), are we really stuck with GT5's track list for the next two years? All in the name of letting PD concentrate on GT6? I'm not buying that...

wow destin, you prove yet again you miss the point and the spirit of the conversation...

by saying I wouldn't mind some half-a##'d tracks does not imply that the ones we've received are of low quality.  I was saying, "well if they threw some tracks together for us now with little effort and they weren't very good I would still like them, but I would much rather they focus on the next game release"

And you totally misread that Hey was being sarcastic...  LOL

Maybe if you actually tried to join in on community races and considered yourself a part of this community rather than its chief adversary, you'd pick up on the subtleties?

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 73 (165 Views)