Jul 23 2011
By: JIMBOBERINO31 First Son 6 posts

Help make Gran Turismo 6 the best racing sim!!!

25 replies 1569 views Edited Jul 23, 2011

I was playing GT5 and realized that this game could have been so much better, it has a lot of potential there but it almost feels like their holding back on something's. Personally I think if they used a little less cars and focused on making them look more real and having more options to do with the cars, that the people that play the game wouldn't stop playing the game. Here are my 10 things I would love to add to the next gran turismo-

1. Drag racing- with a unique system where you can set your car up for drag racing, dirt racing, tarmac racing, enduance racing and just setting it up to look good, such as slamming the car to the ground with a set of 20"s on it.

2. More styles of rims- you can pick your size of rim, and style of course. But also pick the style of tires you want on your cars, such as Falcon and so on, and for the trucks you could pick mud tires like a set of 38's with some chompy lugs on them.

3. More detail to the cars- Just imagine you could open the hood of your car pick what colours you want for your enginre block, heads, vavle covers, and even do the same for the interior.

4. Engine Swaps- This is something I've always wanted in a game, where you go and buy and old Camaro it comes with a 350 but you want more, so you go shopping for a 355, 400 small block, 454, 455, 502, 572, 702 etc. Or you go buy an old Dodge Challenger and it comes with a 360 but you want that big 426 Hemi in there. Same as all the new cars to supping up a newer mustang with what ever engine you can find to get more HORSEPOWER!!!!

5. Engine sounds- Yes you need better engine sounds, your sitting there revving your engine and what was that, was that a vacuum cleaner. There is no way an engine should sound like that, whether you have a super charger or turbo or even twin turbo lets hear it like we hear it in real life.

6. Exhaust Sounds- Every car has its own sound, and by going to the next level I think GT6 should really emphasize on how cars sound going around the track. Yes I think GT5 did a pretty good job making V8 sound like V8's, but it's the whole putting the exhaust on, get some name brands, like Borla, Flowmaster, Cherry bomb etc , and make it sound like you just put on that exhaust you've always wanted on your truck or car.

7. Track Building- The track building should be a little more complex, with making your tracks as round as possible or as straight as possible with making your own dragstrips and making your own raceways and even making a figure 8.

8. Crashes- Lets see some real accidents when I hit the wall at 200 MPH I want to see some parts fly, some wheels crumple, and even glass shatter.

9. Details on the Track- The tracks could use alittle more details, with crowds being 3 dimensional, trees waving in the air, dust blowing around, rain coming in from all directions, thunderstorms on the horizon, the sun bouncing of the asphalt etc...

10. Less of the Same- I really don't think we need 20 copy's of the same car in there, if you go with some sticker kits you could make any car you want. Which is an all new story when you come to putting on some decals or big stickers or even making the cars from the Fast and the Furious if you want.

11. Car Parts- I have one more contribution to making GT6 an outstanding game. Car parts, lets see some different style of hoods you could buy for your cars, body kits, nice rear spoilers, and even name brand parts like rancho for your trucks or brembo for your cars brakes.

Yes all of this probably won't be in GT6 but even if they made some of these improvments you might see some of those X-box owners buy a PS3 just to buy Gran Turismo 6. Don't bash my ideas, I would really just like to hear you ideas, and if you have any inside information on the upcoming GT6. Thank you for your time...

Message 1 of 26 (1,569 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Re: Help make Gran Turismo 6 the best racing sim!!!

Jul 24, 2011

I like some of the stuff you put in. But really they should have just done away with B Spec and they could have used that space for so much more. I cars have enough detail along with the tracks. But I would love to see many more options for rims and body kits. Even engine parts and different brands. A custom garage would be cool. No GT Auto crap. I also would like to see engine failure. If you rev to high or don't change the oil. I am missing the disc brakes glowing red under hard breaking. And you gotta have puffs of black smoke. Ever watch a race PD? Specially the classic muscle, running rich.

But this is just all too much to ask for from PD. Those japanese got their money from the first games. Think about it. What have they had to change? More take away, A few new cars and tracks. The racing and the realisim has been the same. Most of the track remain the same. So what did they do? Waste a bunch of time on B Spec. Oh boy, we can change the racing suites now.

Keep this a pure car and racing game.

Message 2 of 26 (1,569 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Jul 24, 2011

Thanks for your input. Every single idea that you have posted can be found in previous posts already posted hundreds of times here. Welcome to the party. You're kinda late, but you finally made it.

Also, I'd personally just as soon see all the X-Bots stay over on their own console. We have enough problems here already IMO.

There are plenty of Playstation users already. We just need to get the majority of them to drive respectfully.

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 3 of 26 (1,569 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Jul 24, 2011

fortunately this has already been taken care of!!

Can you say Forza? Or NFS?

Original username: Redrkt
Original reg date: 12/30/03

Redrkt RacingTPRA ForumsCustoms Sigs
Message 4 of 26 (1,569 Views)
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Jul 25, 2011

GT6?!  I'm not done with GT5 yet!    I hope they continue to add on to GT5 before a 6 come outs.

Message 5 of 26 (1,569 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jul 26, 2011

Really they don't need a GT6 with the way things work these days. Just fix and make GT5 better with updates. Racing suites Fail. Who is PD getting their customer feedback from. That right, the Japanese don't know what the meaning of that is.

Message 6 of 26 (1,569 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013
Gt6 needs to fix car sounds. Their whole sound team should be fired. Look at forza for some guidance, because the cars all sound like sh**. But the worst are the american muscle cars, the corvette sounds like a friggin toy i mean seriously, compare this

http://www.youtube.com/embed/huLIJxG0VJ8

To this crap

http://www.youtube.com/embed/qg8ghDNPx60
Message 7 of 26 (1,464 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5546 posts

Apr 25, 2013
I have detested the "rim" option since GT2. It does NOTHING! Now, if I could buy an 18 inch rim that is 10 inches wide and put it under my Miata, and have the improved grip that those rim/tires would provide, I would go shopping VERY quickly!!!!
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 26 (1,431 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Apr 25, 2013

TRLWNC wrote:
I have detested the "rim" option since GT2. It does NOTHING! Now, if I could buy an 18 inch rim that is 10 inches wide and put it under my Miata, and have the improved grip that those rim/tires would provide, I would go shopping VERY quickly!!!!

18"x10" rims on a Miata? I think the extra 40+lbs of unsprung weight would eliminate any grip gains Smiley Very Happy. I don't think GT5 properly models wheel/tire weight, so an accurate representation of it in GT6 would be nice.

Message 9 of 26 (1,427 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Apr 25, 2013

To the OP

I see points 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10 and 11 having absolutely nothing to do with RACING....

Eye candy and Fast and the Furious wannabe mods don't affect racing. Racing is being on a track, with other cars, contesting for who is the better driver. The rest is waiting for racing.

You want things that affect racing, try handling models. Try tire models. Try penalty systems. Try debris removal systems (what decent racing leaves concrete berms out on track for the whole race?). Try qualifying. Try flags and cautions.

Don't confuse eye candy with racing. Two different things.

Message 10 of 26 (1,407 Views)