VP of Gaming
28986 posts

Re: High Wire

[ Edited ]
Apr 21, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

Well, Honda is working on a small electric car with an interchangeable body.

http://world.honda.com/news/2012/4121113Micro-EV-Commuter-Prototype/index.html

And Jeremy Clarkson said no one was trying to make a P45-like small car... Smiley Wink

Top Gear Trivia: Clarkson called the car the P45 because it was shorter (length) and narrower than a Peel P50. The Peel P50 was named because of its 50cc engine. However, the Top Gear P45 has a 100cc engine, making the name technically incorrect.

James has already driven the Honda Clarity, and he actually liked it quite a bit. This really should be the future of automotive technology. Like it or not, one day we are going to run out of oil. We have to start looking to other sources of fuel. If we weren't meant to use hydrogen, it would not be the most abundant element in the universe.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/honda-clarity

As far as hybrids and things like that, diesels consistently provide better gas mileage, I've been to Europe a number of times, and diesles are everywhere. A lot of people remember the old Mercedes diesels, which were dirty and downright horrible. But that was 35 years ago. A lot has changed.

Message 11 of 103 (575 Views)
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Apr 21, 2013

Indeed, hydrogen makes up more than 90% of the universe's mass. The chances of running out of hydrogen would be like the chances running out of stars in the galaxy; It's simply not going to happen.

There are a lot of other benefits of hydrogen. Including 0 emissions, small tank (5kg is good for 300 mile range), and safe operation.

Of course, there are downsides also. Well, one really big one, that is. It is estimated that the hydrogen reactor in the Clarity costs, give or take, $100,000. Which is why the Clarity is only available for lease, not sale.

So, how about this car which will run at the 24 Hours of Le Mans this year?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106835

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 12 of 103 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Apr 21, 2013

How about not using any fuel and just tune one of these to the earths natural frequency?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 103 (557 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44771 posts

Apr 21, 2013

Compressed air... most of us still drive short distances.

Message 14 of 103 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5442 posts

Apr 21, 2013

nuTTTz wrote:

TRLWNC wrote:
If you are right, that is fine. And, honestly, I hope you are. I just haven't heard about it and I distrust anything that says it is more efficient.

After all, if we put a semi on the road in CA and send it to NY, it won't burn the entire tank it's pulling..... Something that I see being required when we "alter" hydrocarbons into carbon and hydrogen.

We may find better ways to alter, but unless it doesn't use fuel for somewhere else,......

Oh, well. I don't keep up with stuff like that, so who knows... ?

That itself is the real benefit of hydrogen fuel, there is no alteration needed.

Water, H20, is a super simple molucule, 2 hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom, thats it. By passing electricity through water, the bond between the two types of atoms is broken, the oxygen congregates around one terminal, the hydrogen around the other (cant remember which goes to positive and which to negative).

The only by product of separating water to capture hydrogen is pure oxygen, also a useful gas.

Using hydrogen as fuel only produces one exhast component, water. Thats all that comes out of the tailpipe of a hydrogen powered car, even if the fuel is combusted instead of processed through a fuel cell.

If we used hydrogen created through green energy as the only fuel source on earth we could power 50 billion cars and trucks and not hurt the planet whatsoever.

UMmmmmmmmmm.................... Yeah.....................

Do you have any CLUE how many MEGAWATTS it will take to process 10 to 20 gallons of water? ........... Yeah................. I don't care what you say, that is unrealistic when I can use that power to run SEVERAL electric cars for WEEKS instead of ONE hydrogen car for HALF a day! I DON"T think so!

If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 103 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5442 posts

Apr 21, 2013

buddyfreakind wrote:

How about not using any fuel and just tune one of these to the earths natural frequency?

There are MANY different technologies that are either too undeveloped, too buried by the powers that be, or simply not tried that would solve all of the problems we may have. Hydrogen is just being touted so that we can bury ourselves.

If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 103 (541 Views)
VP of Gaming
28986 posts

Apr 21, 2013

TRLWNC wrote:

nuTTTz wrote:

TRLWNC wrote:
If you are right, that is fine. And, honestly, I hope you are. I just haven't heard about it and I distrust anything that says it is more efficient.

After all, if we put a semi on the road in CA and send it to NY, it won't burn the entire tank it's pulling..... Something that I see being required when we "alter" hydrocarbons into carbon and hydrogen.

We may find better ways to alter, but unless it doesn't use fuel for somewhere else,......

Oh, well. I don't keep up with stuff like that, so who knows... ?

That itself is the real benefit of hydrogen fuel, there is no alteration needed.

Water, H20, is a super simple molucule, 2 hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom, thats it. By passing electricity through water, the bond between the two types of atoms is broken, the oxygen congregates around one terminal, the hydrogen around the other (cant remember which goes to positive and which to negative).

The only by product of separating water to capture hydrogen is pure oxygen, also a useful gas.

Using hydrogen as fuel only produces one exhast component, water. Thats all that comes out of the tailpipe of a hydrogen powered car, even if the fuel is combusted instead of processed through a fuel cell.

If we used hydrogen created through green energy as the only fuel source on earth we could power 50 billion cars and trucks and not hurt the planet whatsoever.

UMmmmmmmmmm.................... Yeah.....................

Do you have any CLUE how many MEGAWATTS it will take to process 10 to 20 gallons of water? ........... Yeah................. I don't care what you say, that is unrealistic when I can use that power to run SEVERAL electric cars for WEEKS instead of ONE hydrogen car for HALF a day! I DON"T think so!

This is absolutely not true. The range of a hydrogen powered fuel cell car is the same as a gasoline powered one. Read the report from the Scandinavian Hydrogen Highway study. The cold also has no adverse effect on the fuel cell in temps. as low as -4 Farenheit.

Message 17 of 103 (537 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5442 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

But...... for the power that is used to power one hydrogen car (okay, yes I read it) for 300 miles or so, I could STILL power SEVERAL electric cars for 200-300 miles apiece. Hence the loss of efficiency.

And, by the way, if you are driving on the freeway, 300 miles takes less than half a day..... Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 103 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2967 posts

Apr 22, 2013

TRLWNC wrote:

But...... for the power that is used to power one hydrogen car (okay, yes I read it) for 300 miles or so, I could STILL power SEVERAL electric cars for 200-300 miles apiece. Hence the loss of efficiency.

And, by the way, if you are driving on the freeway, 300 miles takes less than half a day..... Smiley Wink

Lets not discount the evolution of the technology as a factor.

Our gas and diesel engines use far less than they did 30 or 40 years ago, once implimented it would not be unreasonable to expect some similar advances in hydrogen power efficiency.

Message 19 of 103 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5442 posts

Apr 22, 2013
I'm not knocking R&D. I think that's going to make it better. My problem is getting the fuel. Anything is possible, but, it will take time.....

Message 20 of 103 (513 Views)
0 Likes