Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
GT Silver
2188 posts

Re: High Wire

Apr 22, 2013

Sure hydrogen isn't very practical right now, but it is a new and evolving technology. At some point in the future, it will probably become cheaper and more accessible to the common folk.

In the late 19th century, people thought the car, as a concept, was impractical. And look where we are now.

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 103 (190 Views)
Fender Bender
3587 posts

Apr 22, 2013
Yep! So, I'm hopeful. I just don't think we have the time.
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 103 (188 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41142 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Hydrogen has such a poor energy efficiency model, though. It's going to be a real slog try to make it economical in our lifetime.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 103 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Apr 22, 2013

TRLWNC wrote:

buddyfreakind wrote:

How about not using any fuel and just tune one of these to the earths natural frequency?

There are MANY different technologies that are either too undeveloped, too buried by the powers that be, or simply not tried that would solve all of the problems we may have. Hydrogen is just being touted so that we can bury ourselves.

Unfortunately, the governments and general public skip this technology because they don't understand what they're seeing.   Instead of arguing about what atomic element would make the best fuel we could just skip the fight and use the earths or the universes natural frequency.    No battery, no hydrogen, no solar, no wind, coal, nuclear, hydraulic, all are pointless in a world based on Tesla technology.  Chances are though the world, much like this thread will just continue to ignore it and argue about what element we can exploit next.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 103 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2752 posts

Apr 22, 2013

buddyfreakind wrote:

TRLWNC wrote:

buddyfreakind wrote:

How about not using any fuel and just tune one of these to the earths natural frequency?

There are MANY different technologies that are either too undeveloped, too buried by the powers that be, or simply not tried that would solve all of the problems we may have. Hydrogen is just being touted so that we can bury ourselves.

Unfortunately, the governments and general public skip this technology because they don't understand what they're seeing.   Instead of arguing about what atomic element would make the best fuel we could just skip the fight and use the earths or the universes natural frequency.    No battery, no hydrogen, no solar, no wind, coal, nuclear, hydraulic, all are pointless in a world based on Tesla technology.  Chances are though the world, much like this thread will just continue to ignore it and argue about what element we can exploit next.

Im with you 100%, even though Triumph sang about it many years ago, Im not sure society is ready for 'magic power'.

It sure is a VERY unexplored resource considering how long science has known about it. But thats where knowing about and understanding part company.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 103 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3587 posts

Apr 22, 2013
I have heard of several different ideas that, just in and of themselves, would power the world.

They were either buried intentionally or people just lost interest because of easier and cheaper right in front of them......

I wonder how many chances have been missed.
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 103 (166 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24349 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

TRLWNC wrote:

But...... for the power that is used to power one hydrogen car (okay, yes I read it) for 300 miles or so, I could STILL power SEVERAL electric cars for 200-300 miles apiece. Hence the loss of efficiency.

And, by the way, if you are driving on the freeway, 300 miles takes less than half a day..... :smileywink:

You know, throwing a winking emoticon at the end of a sentence, no matter how irrational it may be, doesn't make it correct. "Several electric cars"? What are you, Donald Trump?

Leave it to a "gamer" to come up with the most convoluted way of looking at something.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 103 (162 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24349 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

TRLWNC wrote:
Yep! So, I'm hopeful. I just don't think we have the time.

So you're that narcissitic to believe that the world isn't going to carry on AFTER you're gone? You do realize there was a time not long ago when people thought it was impossible for man to acheive flight, don't you? Trans-Atlantic travel took days, not hours. Space travel? That was science fiction. And that the most sophisticated way that medical science had to treat sickness was to drain someone of their blood. If we could acheive these things, then we can figure out how to isolate hydrogen more efficiently.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 103 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1565 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

Sorry to start a thread and run but I was a bit preoccupied this weekend. 

IMO the conversation tends to get this way when we debate alternative fuels because we either think we know what is best, or we think change is just too hard. 

Here's a story about how fast change in the auto industry happens:  In the search for more horsepower car makers needed an additive to prevent the piston from being blown through the head. They went through the periodic table and found that lead was the perfect thing to lower the combustion point, and it was readily available. When 4 of the 5 men doing the testing went mad, and ultimately died, some people started asking questions, the US government eventually held hearings, and lead was ultimately found to be the cause of not only those 5 mens problems, but  gas station attendants, and many others that had direct contact with the leaded fuel. 

Leaded fuel was officially banned in the US in 1986, the hearings took place in the mid 1940's. Although lead is irrefutably linked to birth defects, hearing loss, lower intelligence, and just plain old poisoning, the courts in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's continually argued that these side affects were less important than the need for progress. It wasn't just the courts either, it was the industry itself that held off progress because it was just easier.

I don't have the time or the space to explain all of my ideas on this matter, but I will end with the fact that hydrogen is not the only molecule capable of electrochemical energy conversion, the answer doesn't have to be one or the other, usually an everything in moderation approach makes the most sense.  

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 103 (151 Views)
Fender Bender
2752 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

jaejsteele wrote:

Sorry to start a thread and run but I was a bit preoccupied this weekend. 

IMO the conversation tends to get this way when we debate alternative fuels because we either think we know what is best, or we think change is just too hard. 

Here's a story about how fast change in the auto industry happens:  In the search for more horsepower car makers needed an additive to prevent the piston from being blown through the head. They went through the periodic table and found that lead was the perfect thing to lower the combustion point, and it was readily available. When 4 of the 5 men doing the testing went mad, and ultimately died, some people started asking questions, the US government eventually held hearings, and lead was ultimately found to be the cause of not only those 5 mens problems, but  gas station attendants, and many others that had direct contact with the leaded fuel. 

Leaded fuel was officially banned in the US in 1986, the hearings took place in the mid 1940's. Although lead is irrefutably linked to birth defects, hearing loss, lower intelligence, and just plain old poisoning, the courts in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's continually argued that these side affects were less important than the need for progress. It wasn't just the courts either, it was the industry itself that held off progress because it was just easier.

I don't have the time or the space to explain all of my ideas on this matter, but I will end with the fact that hydrogen is not the only molecule capable of electrochemical energy conversion, the answer doesn't have to be one or the other, usually an everything in moderation approach makes the most sense.  

Yeah we are sadly slow to change.

Lead in fuel is a good example, even beofre they used lead in fuel they KNEW that lead oxide was harmful, as it had been used as makeup for many years.

The pale faced look in the Victorian era, lead oxide, ewwww.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 103 (140 Views)
0 Likes