Jan 21 2013
By: Edhellonde PlayStation MVP 1532 posts

I'm Back!

25 replies 242 views Edited Jan 21, 2013

I've been away from the online race scene for a good part of the summer and fall due to my work schedule - and now I'm getting back into it. Yay!  Done some lurking here a little, posted here and there; and tried to get my projects done so that I caan come back and play again.

For my friends, who are curious about what I've been doing - here are some pics of the doings around here:

Finally finished my conversion of a closet into a place to put all my fun and games gear. Guess you could say that I'm back in the closet! lmao:smileyvery-happy:

DSCF1114.JPG

Painted the rims the same colour as my Tacoma, should look pretty good come the summer!

DSCF1110.JPG

Got er done!

DSCF1115.JPG

Lastly: finised off the model truck I'd been working at, off and on for a bit. The trailer was custom wrapped in chrome foil, as was the rear cab protector, and front visor. Even painted the inlay work on the door panels in gold!

DSCF1097.JPGDSCF1105.JPGDSCF1116.JPGDSCF1119.JPGDSCF1103.JPG

All the tank and cylinder straps, steps,  air horn covers, and tank ends were custom painted to match. The whole deal took a total of nearly 2 months to complete. I even had to run the air lines from the truck to the trailer, an attach them to the gladhands and air filtres

! There's a lot more to see, but I think that this is more than enough for now!! lol When I get the rims on my Tacoma, I can post those; but I still need to clean up and paint the drums and calipers.

Meantime, I'm ready to grid up and get racy! Apologies in advance, for the rusty skills and mayhem. :smileyembarrassed:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (242 Views)
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Re: I'm Back!

Jan 21, 2013

Your handyness deserves a kudo my friend. Nice job on them!

photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (237 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1532 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Many thanks, good sir! Planning on some tube steps, and a 3-light rally style light bar at the front, all in the body colour. Should look sweet!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1973 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Good to have you back Ed. I'm off and on as well. Feels good to have a few weeks in a row under my belt. I'm rusty as well, still fast, just rusty. Gotta stop causing accidents. You've done some nice work on that model and you're closet looks sweet too!!!

LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (233 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1532 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

Wife is happy - fewer wires to trip over. Added a new Acting Captain's chair and made a carpet pad for it. Some 5/8 plywood, and resilient flooring; now I can slide out my car and my chair!

DSCF1108.JPG

The race rig I made when I bought the DFGT - a while ago!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (226 Views)
PlayStation MVP
40815 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Excellent! Now for some driving, eh?

Nice job on thte long-haul, too.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (214 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Hey Ed, I don't know or have raced with you before. But pretty impressive with what you have done there. I am a model builder too. Here and there anyway. Have too many hobbies. I've built sport bikes, cars. Race cars like F1. Both current and vintage. I gutted out my closet too and added shelves for my auto collectables. Good use for a closet!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1973 posts

Jan 21, 2013
**bleep**, you guys are lucky...my closet was turned into my wife's Makeup room. Lol
LFASIG2
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (189 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Oh I am sure that would have happened to me too had I not opted for the extra bedroom for me when our house was being built at the time. I said ...."Babe, You can have the whole house and do what you wanna do. But, the 4th bedroom is mine and so is the 3 car garage!" So I have my own race/collectors/office room

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jan 21, 2013

F1Cheetor wrote:

Oh I am sure that would have happened to me too had I not opted for the extra bedroom for me when our house was being built at the time. I said ...."Babe, You can have the whole house and do what you wanna do. But, the 4th bedroom is mine and so is the 3 car garage!" So I have my own race/collectors/office room

And have been living happily ever after since then:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (184 Views)
0 Likes