Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 22 2013
By: orion4774 Splicer 52 posts

Is there any way to save a car from my Used Car Dealership?

5 replies 207 views Edited Apr 22, 2013

There is a Chaparral 2J Race Car '70 in my UCD at a cost of over 14 million credits.  I want to buy it but I only have about 8 million credits.  Is there any way to save it until I have enough to buy it?

I have another profile and have been doing remote races to level up the B-spec drivers for my main profile.  I noticed that when I do this, the cars in my UCD do not change but it will take a LONG time to get 6 million+ credits this way.  Is there a quicker way to get credits without losing the cars in my UCD?

Message 1 of 6 (207 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3537 posts

Re: Is there any way to save a car from my Used Car Dealership?

Apr 22, 2013

No, to both questions.

Message 2 of 6 (203 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3038 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Unfortunately OZ is right, you can keep running remote B-spec until you have enough credits (keep in mind if you log in daily you'll eventually hit the 200% bonus, doubling what you receive when you cash out,) or wait for it to cycle through the dealer again.

There is one alternative, if you can get somebody to gift you the right ticket that gives that car and "flip" it until you get the Chaparral.

Message 3 of 6 (198 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41940 posts

Apr 22, 2013

If it was really super-duper important to buy it right NOW, he can sell off a few cars, to raise the cash.

Message 4 of 6 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

Yeah I'm already at 200%

I don't know exactly how much I get per remote race but I estimate it to be about 100,000 credits with the 200% bonus.

I don't NEED the Chaparral although I would like to have it.  I don't mind waiting until it comes around again but without knowing when that will be I will probably be in the same situation with not having enough credits.  Unfortunately I don't know how to flip tickets to get the car I want.  What I really want is a car I can use to win the Level 16 Historic Racing Car Cup.  I have read here on the forum that you get the Toyota 7 by winning the Level 22 Like the Wind B-spec race.  However I don't have a good enough car to win that one either.

Is there any way to know what will be coming up in the UCD?  I still get level 0 cars even though I am over level 30 in both A-spec and B-spec.  Is there any way to get more high level cars?  The only thing I can think of that might help would be to get gold on the License tests.  I have gotten silver or better on everything up through the IC License test.  I have tried but there are just a few I can't get gold on.

Message 5 of 6 (168 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41940 posts

Apr 22, 2013

orion4774 wrote:

Is there any way to know what will be coming up in the UCD?

Yes, there is. Prime the search engine to find out when the needed car will show up.

http://gt5cars.net/used_car_searches/new

Message 6 of 6 (160 Views)