Feb 08 2011
By: Digitalwisdom First Son 12 posts

Just broke game disk in half and smashed controller....this game sucks

106 replies 259 views Edited Feb 8, 2011

ok, i did the work, got to lvl 24 and bought the F1 car only to find that it totally sucks. It cant steer worth crap and if you dare hit a patch of grass you're flying out of control. Really? thats what you intended? IT wont even freaking turn. This is the extreme level, AI cars drive like they are on rails and i have a 5 million dollar pos that cant steer or brake without losing control?????

What a joke you  game designers played on me. ANyways im done with it. Thankfully it only wasted a month of my time.

Shame, i loved gt3 and gt4 was the best ever but gt5 means i wont ever buy a sony game again. Honestly i bought my 600.00 ps3 in anticipation of GT5. It took a few more years for the unskilled designers to put the finishing touches on this crappy game. I had my hopes up for some epic racing only to find that most of these cars have no ability to get a wing and control downforce and surprisingly despite having soft racing tires they have 0 traction.

Message 1 of 107 (259 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Re: Just broke game disk in half and smashed controller....this game sucks

Feb 8, 2011

probably should have tried traction control.. makes the game easier for people that cant handle the power in some cars. No its not as good as it could have been. but compared to the other racers on playstation its good.  maybe you would like hot pursuit better. its fun and all you have do is brake and turn at any speed. in any car. and there solves your problem.  hot pursuit is fun so there you go

Message 2 of 107 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
703 posts

Feb 8, 2011

Funny I have no problem with the FGT car.Handles like its on rails for me.Gues 9 yr olds just dont know how to tune a car.Like the above post stated you need to stick to the kiddie games and your Bicycle..

Photobucket
Message 3 of 107 (259 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Feb 8, 2011

VTdaOutlaw wrote:

probably should have tried traction control.. makes the game easier for people that cant handle the power in some cars. No its not as good as it could have been. but compared to the other racers on playstation its good.  maybe you would like hot pursuit better. its fun and all you have do is brake and turn at any speed. in any car. and there solves your problem.  hot pursuit is fun so there you go

yeah, another one of those " my car won't turn at 200mph. this is a cra**y game, why won't my car turn @ 200mph?" people. OH wait did he say he just smashed his CONTROLLER? HMMMM could that be part of the problem? SO you wasted a $20 controller and a $60 game because YOU can't play the game?

Original username: Redrkt
Original reg date: 12/30/03

Redrkt RacingTPRA ForumsCustoms Sigs
Message 4 of 107 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Feb 8, 2011

Damn did you run it stock? Or something look for tunes.

Message 5 of 107 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Feb 8, 2011

When I read the OP, I thought of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc

Photobucket

plus vite que votre mere
Message 6 of 107 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Feb 8, 2011

I'd hate to see what you're like if somebody got you angry in real life...

Message 7 of 107 (259 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

Feb 8, 2011

Lol those are the same people that rage when they crash in real life because they thought using the breaks on a car going 120mph would magically make it stop like on GTA. xD

I'm no troll, I just dont like you.
Message 8 of 107 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Feb 8, 2011

If you haven't broken your ps3 yet. I will take it.

Message 9 of 107 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Feb 8, 2011

Well I can't speak from experience because my game has been broken from the first day I put it in the system (won't accelerate), but I will say this.... On this forum there seems to be a collection of mindless drones who 100% buy into Sony marketing and thinks the people at PD are Gods who can do no wrong.

It is pretty obvious this game was all about the economics of making a profit rather than putting out a quality product they could be proud of.

That said, you look like a fool for breaking a controller and disc over a mere video game. It's not that serious.

Message 10 of 107 (259 Views)