PlayStation MVP
3013 posts

Re: Looking for racing seat ideas?

Apr 24, 2013

WyldAnimal wrote:

2012-09-12 17.36.04.jpg

Wow, is that your tuning sheets filing system in the background?  :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 25 (294 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts

Apr 24, 2013

OzDaddy62 wrote:

WyldAnimal wrote:

Wow, is that your tuning sheets filing system in the background?  :smileysurprised:

Brilliant!!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Help sponsor me for the Continetal Tire Sports Car Challenge. Message me for details!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 25 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

Apr 24, 2013

WyldAnimal wrote:

I'm and old fart. (51 going on 21)

So for me all the Game seats have one major problem.. The are too darn Low to the ground..

If I sat that low, I'd never get up out of that seat..

So when I put together my rig, I made a 2' x 2' platform 15" high, so when I mounted the seat on top,  it was at 24" to the seat height.

Makes it easy for me to sit in it, and later, get up out of it.

On the same token, I had to have a platform for the Pedals.

So my Seat to Pedal relationship is about the same, just raised up off the floor.

Something for you to consider if you're an old fart like me.

This is what I started with. A seat from a U-Pull-It salvage yard $25  about $50 of lumber and hardware.  A folding table.  I already had the wheel..

2012-09-12 17.36.04.jpg

thank you that is a great idea

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 25 (274 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
39924 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Gar529 wrote:

OzDaddy62 wrote:

WyldAnimal wrote:

I concur!   Morning smile, for sure.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 25 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
942 posts

Apr 24, 2013

You can find a lot of resources from "The Way I Play" website:

http://www.thewayiplay.com/mainforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=533834c21d135e66b0609fb2656989f1&board=24.0

Here is "simple" one:

http://www.thewayiplay.com/mainforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=533834c21d135e66b0609fb2656989f1&topic=212....

A detailed guide on welding a race seat:

http://toolmonger.com/2006/06/15/how-to-build-a-game-chair-with-a-380-wire-welder/

You can find my setup here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/DFGT/m-p/37782295#M617080

I have a few more links on using PVC tubings to build a racing seat.  Let me know if you want those as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 25 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3507 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

NASCAR-PC wrote:

Hi i am wanting to make a racing seat to be like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N3PuFiyGoZU  and i am wondering what ideas i could do to make it?

Looking at the video in still frame.  Looks like your materials would be wood, frosted glass, drawer sliders, set of shocks, pegs, hindges, hardware like screws, bolts, nuts, washers, paint and stain.

If you was someone who had a work shop with tools like a table saw, drill press, router, etc like your wood shop class in high school, and a little planning, you could make yourself something similiar.  But if you don't have a wood shop full of those tools and the skill set to do it, you'd have to find someone like me who does.  Well...I at least have the wood shop.  LOL  :smileytongue:

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 25 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
646 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

Gar529 wrote:

OzDaddy62 wrote:

WyldAnimal wrote:

I concur!   Morning smile, for sure.

Actually,  that's my complete disassembled print out of GT5, and current GT6 coding..  All 237,876,123 pages of code..  it's current up to Patch 2.11  Now I have to decode 2.12 and start a new file box for it..

I'm selling copies of it.

And I'm only charging a nominal Page Coping fee of $1.00 per page, plus a one time Handeling Fee of $1,300 

I'll even toss in a 2nd copy for an additional $0.50 per page, just pay seperate shipping and handeling.

I also have a fulling working X2010 built to full scale.  But you have to use 10,000 paint chips to paint it.

I will let that go to the Highest bidder over $20,000,000 million.

And yes, it creates so much Suction, it will stick Upside down.

So I am having the first upside Down Formual one Track built, just so you an drive it upside down. 

I'm having problems with the Cork Screw that transitions form right side up, to upside down.

All of the Paving companies I called, can't figure out how to get the tarmac to stick.

so far I can only get Vertical, I can't get a full 180 twist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZM4G77It3w

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 25 (233 Views)
Record Breaker
4155 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

If you was someone who had a work shop with tools like a table saw, drill press, router, etc like your wood shop class in high school, and a little planning, you could make yourself something similiar.  But if you don't have a wood shop full of those tools and the skill set to do it, you'd have to find someone like me who does.  Well...I at least have the wood shop.  LOL  :smileytongue:

I work at / and have keys to a woodshop! :smileywink:

Why haven't I done this yet? :smileyvery-happy:

Proud to be a Monkey!

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 25 (216 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1203 posts

Apr 25, 2013

That seat setup Video was just awesome but the bad side to having any of these are: Having a clear spot for this type of setup. Good luck folks!:smileytongue:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 25 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2629 posts

Apr 25, 2013

WyldAnimal wrote:

I'm and old fart. (51 going on 21)

So for me all the Game seats have one major problem.. The are too darn Low to the ground..

If I sat that low, I'd never get up out of that seat..

So when I put together my rig, I made a 2' x 2' platform 15" high, so when I mounted the seat on top,  it was at 24" to the seat height.

Makes it easy for me to sit in it, and later, get up out of it.

On the same token, I had to have a platform for the Pedals.

So my Seat to Pedal relationship is about the same, just raised up off the floor.

Something for you to consider if you're an old fart like me.

This is what I started with. A seat from a U-Pull-It salvage yard $25  about $50 of lumber and hardware.  A folding table.  I already had the wheel..

I know some wives have trouble with a racing rig in the living room, but yours made you leave it at work?? Harsh :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 25 (191 Views)