Apr 21 2013
By: Destinkeys Uncharted Territory 1712 posts

Racing ONLY GT6 ideas.

8 replies 507 views Edited Apr 21, 2013

It's kind of hard to get the chaff sorted from the wheat on many GT6 wish threads, trying to separate wishes for non-racing related ideas from those strictly to help and promote good racing. Maybe this thread could be used to gather those things STRICTLY race related together..?

Things along the lines of better organized qualy, comprehensive scrutineering, penalties, start options, things like that.

Or mods, do we need another thread? (Lock this if you feel we have enough)

Anyway, put me down for all the above. It would be nice if the focus of GT6 turned at least a bit in the direction of racing, rather than 'driving'...

Here's one I haven't seen yet... (mind you, someone might have asked somewhere!):

How about a 'swap cars' option for heads up racing? Two in a room, pick a couple of cars (shuffle style), race, then be swapped into each other's car, and repeat the race. Find out if it was the driver or the car...

Message 1 of 9 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Re: Racing ONLY GT6 ideas.

Apr 22, 2013

Sorry if this is not what you meant.

Maybe bring back the camera angles that Gran Turismo 3 had from the back bumper view instead of the stiff always-behind-car view like on Gran Turismo 4 and 5? Idk why but that angle made the racing feel awesome for some reason to me and I'm hoping Gran Turismo 6 will have the same racing addictiveness that Gran Turismo 3 had.

Don't take my name too personally Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 9 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Apr 25, 2013

As far as camera angles go, for it to be a RACING suggestion, I'd say replay angles that are a bit further out, to the point where you can see two or three cars all the time would help hosts adjudicate contact and overlaps better.

Of course, you are going to need in lobby replay for that to be of any value, though.

But as far as driving viewpoints go, well, there's another thread (or three) that goes into that. But I'd say you were up against it when it comes to realism... Who drives their car from 20' behind the car? LOL

But fair enough. As long as no current options are dropped, the more choice for what you want to see while racing, the better...

Message 3 of 9 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Apr 26, 2013

yea I agree that many of the replay angles we used to have, and the ability to switch between different replay "modes" would be great.  that does relate to "racing presentation" at least, and would be great for youtube videos etc.

heck, speaking of replays, you may like this idea.  In a replay, be able to validate or invalidate certain collisions and boundary violations in such a way that it would keep score of each racer's violations, if any, for competetive series.

example,

car cuts track three times and one of them is viewable in the replay as being truly caused by another driver.  Replay pauses at violation and you can click "accept" or "decline" as the referee.  SEveral bumps occure between two players, but you deem that only one of them was a violation...

any thing that helps us organize and judge races would be good IMO.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 4 of 9 (402 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Apr 26, 2013

I was just thinking about the  Seasonal Events.

With the recent addition of 450PP Japanese 90's Challenge, this is the 2nd time We have seen Toscana (Tarmac) 103A. The 1st sighting being Ferrari 580PP La Festa Cavallino. Now we all know that we experience a slight variation in opponents when entering the races, Would it not be fun if we had a slight variation of tracks.

Using the current 450PP Japanese 90's Challenge as an example. I am thinking of simply having them list the challenge as Toscana (Tarmac) 103A/B. Every time you enter the race they could alternate between 103A & 103B With only a slight variation in the front or back half of the race as a difference.

Just a thought.

Message 5 of 9 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Apr 26, 2013

I'd like to see PD make changes to how the current Race Modification option works in GT Auto, perhaps  introduce some spec / class specific Race Modifications for the production cars based on real or fictional race series specs.   An RM package that when applied to a selection of cars would upgrade them all to a certain race spec and provide some degree of balance between different marques.

Say for example a WTCC (World Touring Car Championship) or similar spec for some lower end hatchbacks and family cars, the RM would provide an appropriate amount of weight reduction, engine tuning and aero package modification to the different cars so they retain some unique characteristics (handling, weight, power, etc) but are all altered to fit a fairly well balanced spec.

Same format could be used for more powerful cars so the RM would balance them out to say an FIA GT1 / 2 / 3 type spec (or a similar but fictional class grouping), some cars could have multiple classes of RM available to put them in different power / weight classes and there could even be some for low level RMs for the cheaper cars to mimic novice race series.  Grab a cheap / low powered car, slap on a number and wing and do some proper weekend racing.

Could also be tied in nicely to some sort of career mode for singleplayer / offline and would give us another avenue of options for online races and race series'.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 6 of 9 (363 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Apr 28, 2013

I would love to see that ability to make some tuning changes while pitting in a race, just like real racing allows. Instead of sitting in the pits twiddling my thumbs, I could be taming the oversteer that just developed, or changing top speed slightly so I don't hammer the rev limiter during drafting.

BANG

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Message 7 of 9 (330 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Nice... keep them coming!

I would like to see track debris cleared after the pack goes by. There ain't a race series out there that would leave a concrete berm on track for the whole race!

I would also like to see penalties being dropped IF contact is made on the car just before it. I think the game engine tracks that to alter trajectory, might as well use the info to determine whether a penalty is applied if you are hit into a penalty area.

I'd also like to see an option that ONLY track cut penalties occur. The game code simply is clueless when it comes to adjudicating on track collisions. Gross violations, yes, it can detect those well, but subtle stuff, the difference between the trailing car diving or the leading car checking up, it has a much worse time of deciding that (we all know how many times we have got a penalty when it was plainly the other car's fault) than simply detecting 4 wheels off.

Speaking of which, I'd like a 'pro' option of a strict '2 wheels in' determination for the entire track, not just specific areas. Of course, only if the 'contact before a penalty' ability is added, but so many tracks in GT5 could be massively improved by cutting out the 4 off shenanigans completely. IMO, every track that PD improved cut detection on (particularly Fuji) is much better for it. Cutting track and barging back on causes more mayhem than it should, in a 'pro' game. I can only imagine how much better racing Nords would be, if NO 4 off driving was un-penalized.

Might be nice to have 2 wide rolling starts added to shuffle start options, too. This would at least cut out the massive advantage AWD's get, off the line. Once again, much mayhem would be avoided as the AWD's barge their way forwards. PD already have the code for it in Normal races. Be a snap to add it to shuffle.

Message 8 of 9 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Feldynn wrote:

I'd like to see PD make changes to how the current Race Modification option works in GT Auto, perhaps  introduce some spec / class specific Race Modifications for the production cars based on real or fictional race series specs.   An RM package that when applied to a selection of cars would upgrade them all to a certain race spec and provide some degree of balance between different marques.

Say for example a WTCC (World Touring Car Championship) or similar spec for some lower end hatchbacks and family cars, the RM would provide an appropriate amount of weight reduction, engine tuning and aero package modification to the different cars so they retain some unique characteristics (handling, weight, power, etc) but are all altered to fit a fairly well balanced spec.

Same format could be used for more powerful cars so the RM would balance them out to say an FIA GT1 / 2 / 3 type spec (or a similar but fictional class grouping), some cars could have multiple classes of RM available to put them in different power / weight classes and there could even be some for low level RMs for the cheaper cars to mimic novice race series.  Grab a cheap / low powered car, slap on a number and wing and do some proper weekend racing.

Could also be tied in nicely to some sort of career mode for singleplayer / offline and would give us another avenue of options for online races and race series'.

Love that suggestion, and Bang's limited tuning in pits idea!!
aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 9 of 9 (277 Views)
0 Likes