Jan 19 2013
By: lilskaters Splicer 48 posts

Rally Courses Rant.

12 replies 432 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

Playing Gran Tursimo 5 i couldnt help noticing the lack of quality Rally courses. i was playing Gran turismo 3 for fun and i realised that the old rally maps are better than The ones in gran turismo 5. Granted Toscana is good,but i feel that sector G,K etc. dont really count. I dont feel that this is rediculous to ask for some better rally courses such as Smokey Mountain, Tahiti,etc.  I really found them more entertaining and exciting than the ones presented in Gt5. I also admit that Rally isnt even in the A spec/ Bspec and also that it isnt popular online  ( so attention/developpement towards it is low) but i also believe that better courses might interest people towards it. There are a whole bunch of Rally cars in GT5 so it could be very exciting.

Rally.jpg

Message 1 of 13 (432 Views)
MVP Support
42714 posts

Re: Rally Courses Rant.

Jan 19, 2013

We don't know PD's plans for giving us new tracks, but rally tracks don't seem to get requested all that much. There are a few past layouts that I would love to see updated, though.

Message 2 of 13 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3579 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I don't think most people care about rally racing.  People not racing the tracks online isn't due to the lack of quality tracks, it's due to people not liking rally racing.  Personally, I think PD should just eliminate it from the game altogether in GT6 and maybe introduce another form of racing that has never been in the game, like an official fully functioning drag stip since so many people like to drag race in this game.  Remove what people don't care for, and add what's popular that people are doing in the game or asking for.  Eliminate kart racing, nobody does that anymore either.

My theory is, if your going to add a form of racing into the game like rally or NASCAR for instance, then take the time to do it right.  If you're not going too, then why bother, because there are other games that have taken the time to do it right.  So if you really want a good rally racing experience, you're better off buying that other game rather than GT5 that only did it half @ssed.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 3 of 13 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jan 20, 2013
that's a good point, but Gt5 being the real motorsport simulator, it wouldnt be to much to ask for some developpment. I agree that no one is that interested in Rally and Karting, but i find that Gran turismo would offer the best game engine for it and that buying a different game would be the same.
Message 4 of 13 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Jan 21, 2013
People don't care about the Relly in GT5 because it was done poorly. The cars slid WAY too much, and as the OP said, the tracks aren't good. On top of that, there's NO rallycross whatsoever (excluding arcade mode). Not to mention you get penalized 24/7 if you slide into walls going 15 mph.
Message 5 of 13 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2787 posts

Jan 22, 2013

One of my favorite things to do online on GT5, was rally race, along with a few of my friends. Unfortunately, I do agree that rally racing on GT seemed to be subpar at best, and this is one of the areas that Polyphony could definitely improve upon for the next installment of Gran Turismo.

Message 6 of 13 (318 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15957 posts

Jan 22, 2013

StealthSnyper wrote:
People don't care about the Relly in GT5 because it was done poorly. The cars slid WAY too much, and as the OP said, the tracks aren't good. On top of that, there's NO rallycross whatsoever (excluding arcade mode). Not to mention you get penalized 24/7 if you slide into walls going 15 mph.

Thats because that how rally racing really is.... you're racing on a dirt/sand, gravel, snow.... If you're having trouble sliding all over the place, then slow down and brake EXTRA early..... remember. Rally racing is just like road course racing, except theres a whole heck of a lot less grip available, so you'll need to use different techniques and lines for fast laps.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 7 of 13 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Jan 23, 2013

No rallycross? Isn't there an Eiger layout that is mostly gravel but has a tarmac section too?

Message 8 of 13 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Yup...I believe it's the first challenge in the Loeb Rally event in the SE section. I think it's also found in Arcade Mode, but I can't recall which layout it is - I do know there are at least 4 different layouts...there's the G,K, and W layouts, and the Short Course, which is all tarmac. 

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Message 9 of 13 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Mar 12, 2014

sorrry for reviving an old thread but where is the Pikes Peak uphill and downhill course. The Escudo pikes peak and its monsterous HP was designed only for this course. I mean i know its a real track, but if you can afford to put laguna seca(for example)  then put pikes peak. on a side not the rally mode always sucked. the best rally mode in the series has to be GT3. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------El que sabe, sabe
Message 10 of 13 (158 Views)
0 Likes