Aug 16 2012
By: White_R34 Uncharted Territory 1751 posts

Seasonal Events: Sport Truck Race.

[ Edited ]
59 replies 746 views Edited Aug 17, 2012

Sport Truck Race

Event Period: 08/15/2012 22:00 - --

This is an expert Level race using pickup trucks.

"Car" can be tuned up to 470PP, and tires are limited to Sport/Hard or Less. (It should have said Truck can be tuned up to.....)

A "Perfprmace Difference Bonus" system rewards cars with lower PP.

(PP 470) - (A-Spec)

Track 1: Rome City Circuit / 5 Laps

Payouts:..........................................​...........................................1st: Cr.169,500............2nd: Cr.93,225..........3rd: Cr.67,800

Prizes: First Place in all Events: Corvette '60 Coupon.

1st: Radom Helmet

2nd: Random Paint color

3rd: Random Horn

Track 2:  Indy Road Course / 5 Laps

Payouts:..........................................​...........................................1st: Cr.180,000............2nd: Cr.99,000..........3rd: Cr.72,000

1st: Radom Race Suit

Track 3:  Suzuka Circuit / 5 Laps

Payouts:..........................................​...........................................1st: Cr.200,700............2nd: Cr.110,385..........3rd: Cr.80,280

Track 4: Nürburgring Nordschleife / 1 Laps

Payouts:..........................................​...........................................1st: Cr.207,500............2nd: Cr.114,125..........3rd: Cr.100,160

1st: Radom Race Suit

Track 5: Aso 109A / 5 Laps

Payouts:..........................................​...........................................1st: Cr.218,000............2nd: Cr.119,900..........3rd: Cr.78,200

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/event/d6545.html

Photobucket
Message 1 of 60 (746 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Re: Seasonal Events: Sport Truck Race.

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2012

I have to say I'm getting sick of this sports hard BS.

The Sport Mediums are a much more realistic tire, so are the SS's and the Race mediums.

Hell, Comfort softs are better than SH's.

I remember the first truck seasonal from way back. Had the big Chevy PU tuned up and ran just over 7 minutes on the N Ring.PP of 550 IIRC, not a lot of wiggle room in those big trucks. I put it up on share and a guy ran a 6:53 in it. That was white knuckle fun that was. 

With SH (...which I find to be quite ironic that when you IT to that you get what I think of these tires...) tires the 4x4 RAM will clean house.

I ran 7:20's all day long at the ring with minimal work to the truck in the old run. It'll have more than a definitive advantage this time around, as PD doesn't model the 4x4 part of the truck anything close to the real world. It models it more like AWD Audi. The real truck had some real issues in 4WD in tight turns. It would cause the thing to buck and kick and spit the front tires around the corner. It certainly didn't cruise the corners like the game model does.

Don't know about the latest and greatest trucks, I imagine by now they've fixed some of it. They'd have to have, because I know I used to do front universals in those things like crazy... They changed it just as I got out of the real car world. Now many of the 4x4's have half shafts like a FF, but even then the GMs of the day that had them for years could have the same issue turning to tightly also. 

I found the first series way back was really fun.

I'll run one or two of these...

But in all honesty until they get off this sports hard on I'll be somewhere else actually having some fun and enjoying a game instead of goofing around with all these gamey "challenges". I can see me and PD parting ways very soon if they keep this up.

I understand many people love this stuff, but there's a bunch of us that don't.

I'm tired of being forgotten about. I'm tired of PD ignoring blatant mistakes. Not fixing the obvious BS. Tired of the "you drive this or you suck" mentality.

I love(d) this game. Now I feel like PD is telling me to F off.

I'll take the hint Kaz... No problem on my end. I have other things I can do.

Hell, even Sport Mediums would have made this a fun run.

At least you'd have some ability to push, make a mistake and recover.

Instead it's another round of figure skating. Enough of this fecal matter already.

I didn't mind it once and awhile, but by shoving this down my throat constantly, I don't want to even think about ice skating at all any more.

Sorry all for the rant, but there's a bunch pf people out here that aren't looking to be on TV as the next GT5 idol.

We just want to play the goram game.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 60 (738 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Dan_Zitions, I agree 100% with your post, enough of this sports Hard BS. 

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 3 of 60 (724 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3040 posts

Aug 16, 2012
Yeah, all they gotta do is adjust the time for medals. Big truck + 156 turns (IIRC) + sports hards = sore thumbs. Maybe next time we should try ice tires. Smiley Very Happy
Dirty_Harry44
Message 4 of 60 (718 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Aug 16, 2012

I agree 100% as well, we don't need to keep prooving that we can race and win on these street tires. Sliding all over the road is not racing. It's Drifting.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 60 (696 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Aug 16, 2012

I got gold on 4 of the 5 truck races fairly easy but I need help with the Nurburgring race.  I could only manage bronze on it and am always 7-8 seconds behind.  Does anyone know the "go to" truck and settings to get gold with?  Appreciate any help anyone can provide.   I know none of us are complaining too much about sport soft tires, it's just not logical that one would use them on these technical tracks.  Smiley Wink 

Message 6 of 60 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Aug 16, 2012

zeedesertrat wrote:

I got gold on 4 of the 5 truck races fairly easy but I need help with the Nurburgring race.  I could only manage bronze on it and am always 7-8 seconds behind.  Does anyone know the "go to" truck and settings to get gold with?  Appreciate any help anyone can provide.   I know none of us are complaining too much about sport soft tires, it's just not logical that one would use them on these technical tracks.  Smiley Wink 

Go to truck is usually the Toyota. I believe that I have it on Share, built nicely. IDK if my upgrades to it will show up for you, or the tune that it currently has.

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 7 of 60 (683 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28691 posts

Aug 16, 2012

If they didn't put restrictions on tires then everyone would use racing slicks, and times would be absolutely cartoonish. I know many don't like to be told what to do, but with anything there are rules. Rules are in place to make sure that everyone is playing fairly. That's all it is. It's not to spite anyone. This is what they feel the fairest setup would be, because they know that as soon as a loophole presented itself somebody would take advantage of it. 

Message 8 of 60 (677 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Thanks SWERVE, I will give the Toyota a try.  Awhile back I tried to get on your friends list but you were busy so I won't be able to use your Share truck.  Not complaining, I know how it is to be busy.   I use this PSN to post on the forums but my PS3 PSN is:  scorpioxlt    I follow all of your post and appreciate all of your suggestions and opinions.   Thanks again, you are the man!!!

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

zeedesertrat wrote:

Go to truck is usually the Toyota. I believe that I have it on Share, built nicely. IDK if my upgrades to it will show up for you, or the tune that it currently has.

Message 9 of 60 (676 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Aug 16, 2012
It is actually quite a good "challenge" using a stock pickup with comfort tyres.

Especially at the ring, I won it today and I have to say it was fun.
"Art is only art if you truly enjoy it"- Sonny Moore.
Want a good shootout on gt5? Let me know.
Message 10 of 60 (668 Views)
0 Likes