Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: The Essential GT Car List

May 21, 2013

Way2gd4u956 wrote:

My ultimate wish is for all of the cars to be premium with as much detail as possible. I honestly do not care what cars are in GT, as long as effort is put into each of them, I will be happy forever. Smiley Happy

that is faulty logic if I may say so, as it is only setting us up to have more complaints.

if the standard (pun intended) for GT is to have no standards, and all premiums, PD can accomplish this by simply removing all standard cars from the game, and then lists like this will be even more extensive with people begging for certain cars we used to have.

I understand everyone wants stuff to be shiny and perfect-looking, but seriously, the standards still drive good, are fun, and there are so many of them that if GT5 didn't have them, we'd have moved on to something else by now.

PD did put effort into the standards.  They put forth the effort to give you hundreds and hundreds of bonus cars that otherwise would not be in the game.  It's not like they said, "okay for this car we'lre going to make it look bad and for that car, good."

I'm sorry if that comes across as condescending, but if you really don't like the standards, you can always drive the cars that are premiums and stay out of rooms that are racing only a standard model car.  Then, you'd have your dream game, because as you said, you don't even care which cars you'd have or wouldn't have...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 441 of 722 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

May 22, 2013

Indeed it was a little condescending but I agree with you.

Don't take my name too personally Smiley Wink
Message 442 of 722 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

May 22, 2013

lol... sorry man, but sometimes it's really hard to tell someoen they're not seeing something and not have it sound that way Smiley Wink

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 443 of 722 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5436 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Manufacturer: Toyota

Corolla FX16 GT-R 1987 (maybe more)

Race series: Can be modified to run in SCCA Street Prepared

Country of origin: Japan (?)

Pic:

I can't figure out the new picture posting method..... Smiley Sad

Either that or it doesn't like Linux.

From what I am told, this car may not be powerful, but  it's made to race, and with some suspension mods can challenge an EVO! ( in corners Smiley Wink )

This was Toyota's all out racer for the cheap, and had special suspension setups to allow racing tuning of the suspension out of the box.

This is a very fun car to drive, and MANY of the surviving ones are set up for racing. With a power upgrade, it WILL be civics!

I have a link to another forum where this car was fondly remembered, but I wasn't sure it was okay to post it here.

If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 444 of 722 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

Forza has 2x the pixel density of GT cars....just saying.

Message 445 of 722 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

That's one of the things that the F game likes to be misleading about.

Only the Autovista cars in Autovista mode have that polygon density. During races, their pixel density is less than half what it is in Autovista (In other words, less than Gran Turismo 5's pixel density during races)

By the way, another thing T10 makes misleading was the F5 trailer. That is not even close to what gameplay will look it. It was just a pre-rendered animation. Smiley Wink

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 446 of 722 (341 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44754 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Oh, so are you saying that FORZA now has its own Standard cars and Premium models?

That's rich. Smiley Very Happy

Message 447 of 722 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I'm not sure on the exact details, but yes, the F game's Guiness World Record of 800,000 polygons is only for Autovista cars in Autovista mode (when there is just one car and a very simple background). The cars do not have that level of detail during races.

Also, I don't like to believe rumors, but this one seems believable to me. Some people say the reason the F game's engines noises "sound" better, is because they enhanced them, the same way movies enhance sound effects. By comparison, Gran Turismo kept the sounds as they were recorded from the cars.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 448 of 722 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

In a way, yes.  You work your way up from a base modle.  I have owned about 8 XBOX's, and a PS3 since launch, Ps2, ps1, yada yada.  I have kept current with games on both consoles.  FORZA is NOT in ANY WAY on the same level as GT in terms of simulation.  It's pure arcade, and the physics are not realistic.  People swear they are, but I don't think that FORZA punishes drivers for driving errors the way GT Does (rewind a corner and do it over-peh!).

What I will say is aesthetically speaking, the game looks better.  The cars are intricately detailed, the backgrounds are realistic (GT5's are OK, but I'm sure we all realize that they could be better).  How many cars in GT have no driver view detail (black interior detail)?  How many have no RM?  How many look exactly the same before/ after a car wash? On how many can you put a lick of personalization?

FORZA has no car wash, so GT wins that one!

My point is that you go to each game for a different reason.  If you want all premium cars (detail wise) , go get an XBOX and play FORZA (this is the point I was trying to make  with my original post, but I was on my way out the door).  If you want access to the real world cars that drive (ha!) today's racing pulse, get GT and the thousands of cars it offers.  You won't see the detail though, as they have quantity over quality.  The quality is excellent for the number of cars, but FORZA wins as far as looks go IMHO.  

The PS4 has a 50% more powerful GPU, 2 GB more usable RAM for developers, and over 100% more bandwidth than the XBOX 1; more than enough to address these minor complaints I have.

Message 449 of 722 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I agree, but the backgrounds are wayy better in Forza.  The car detail drops, but there are improvements in other areas.  Get in a Zonda and go into cockpit view.  Look at the clunky lights sticking up and tell me GT has better car pixelation.  You may be right on the other cars one sees while driving.

I won't make an argument on xbox's 512 unified RAM to sony's 256/256, as GT is not ported from another platform other than the computer, but I will say that MANY more games drop in 1080p on the XBOX, and it's not the same when your tv upscales as when the dev does it.   Yes, they render all games in 720p (current platform), but the way they port them to XBOX/PS3 is different.  Many times the Ps3's octagonial 720p CELL looks better than XBOX's 1080, but that is not the case with these two games.

Message 450 of 722 (321 Views)
0 Likes