Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Re: To all who have...

Jan 9, 2011

yeah endurances are designed to be challenges not only for the track and racers involved but also for the time constraint they put in. I have found that endurance races are a challenge for me because i have to plan how to tackle them in a timely fashion and in a way that will be good for me AND my equipment (ps3, television, etc.) in a way, this is what racers go through only their equipment is their car and team so i actually enjoy the endurance races for that reason =]

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 30 (28 Views)
Sackboy
604 posts

Jan 9, 2011

I'm still waiting for someone to come in this forum because during a 24 hour race, they paused it to take a drink, then knocked their controller on the floor and somehow exited the race due to severe bad luck.  At least that's what I'm always afraid of haha.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 30 (28 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 19, 2011

So is there an answer coming from GT5?  Are we just going to have to pause and hope for the best.  In GT4 you could exit a championship and go back to it as well.  I have not found that in GT5 as of yet.  I too lost 2 hours of the 3 hour 300k at Grand Valley by accidently pressing exit in the pits when trying to change the zoom settings inside the car.  I guess I blew my engine in the pits while changing tires. 

Polyphony please respond to endurace saves and championship saves.  We all don't have 24 hours in a day like the professional drivers do.  We also do not get millions of dollars in sponsorships to have multiple drivers on our team.  We also have families, calls of nature and sleep requirements, and oh yeah, jobs......

Race On!

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 30 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2837 posts

Apr 19, 2011

Evil-_-Nox wrote:

I'm still waiting for someone to come in this forum because during a 24 hour race, they paused it to take a drink, then knocked their controller on the floor and somehow exited the race due to severe bad luck.  At least that's what I'm always afraid of haha.

Photobucket

There was a guy who posted about when he was on hour 23 of the 24 hour race.  He stepped away for a moment and his room mate friend came home and wanted to use the PS and quit the race. LOL

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 30 (28 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Apr 19, 2011

Meh.  I did my first A-spec endurance race over the weekend (technically, second as I'd already done the Indy 500).  I stopped whenever I felt like it, I even went to a movie with the family in the middle of it.  Adding a save feature won't change the way most people run these races.  Having said that, I won't do any more until they have the save feature.  I can live without doing the endurance races.  I like that the endurance races are there, but I won't do any more of them without the ability to save and exit the system.  I don't think PD cares what I think or even should care, I'm just stating a fact. 

As for being realistic, as others have pointed out, even the two-hour races in ALMS require a driver change, and most 24 hours races have four plus drivers and even if not, the only way it would be remotely realistic would be to do the race in a sauna given the temperatuire inside most racing cars.  It's a game, not real life,  Adding a save won't make it less realistic.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 30 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Apr 19, 2011

the guy who makes the game said himself that he wanted a couple more years to finish the game (meaning, the game is not finished, lots of things are not polished).

yes people will tend to contrast what you say, no matter if it's wrong or right.. i think it's in human nature.

no one likes the 24 hour races.. no one does them a second time ''just for fun''. yes they're fun in reality, and yes they are horrible in game, period.  you will get people defending those anyway, even if they themselves hate it, and will never ever run it a second time after getting the gold cup on it.  someone here said ''it takes effort'', haha nice one.  yea, lots of effort, it's so hard.  it's just a boring thing that requires you to leave the ps3 on for days, impossible to lose unless u forget the thing on unpaused and go to sleep.  and no way you're gonna make it challenging either, cause no one would want to have to repeat that race in case they get 2nd.

i stilll love this game, as the driving engine is awesome.  i think we all do, or we wouldn't be playing it and writing here on the forum.  but i'm also quite disappointed at the silly flaws in the gameplay (and i think the maker of the game shares the same disappointments himself).

my garage: http://www.mygranturismo.net/19932
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 30 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Apr 19, 2011

LMAO this guy's hilarious.  2 HOURS OF MY LIFE ZOMGBBQ~!~!~     !!1111

http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 30 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Apr 19, 2011

Its_a_BIRD wrote:

There was a guy who posted about when he was on hour 23 of the 24 hour race.  He stepped away for a moment and his room mate friend came home and wanted to use the PS and quit the race. LOL

Photobucket

LOL now THAT'S  a story!

http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 30 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Apr 19, 2011

walkaway556 wrote:

Simple!  I started it last night, because *all the genuis's on this forum have told me to go ahead and pause the game take a break and come back to it!  Not really!!  **I started it last night, because I wanted to finish it today before I had to go back to work, you know that thing that adults have to do so they pay for games like this that are supposed to be fun!

Again, all you who keep talking about "real"? I'll ask again, when is the last time anyone did a 9 hour enduro race by himself?

To the person who wisely suggested I get a back up power source, your right!  That is something I will do immediately.  ***However if there had been save points during the race, I would not have lost all my progress!

If by that you mean real life, then no. But, if you mean in game, then yes. I did the Nurburgring 24 Hours on Gran Turismo 4 by myself. Took around 27-30 hours, no sleep, but I did it by myself. And it sucks.

But starting from the top.

*It's not their fault you may or may not lack the proper mental capacity to know what works best for you. You say you have work, the best thing for you to have done would have to been to plan around that, and see when would be a good time for you to try and get that done, not just do it because you wanted it done with no real planning behind it.

**Secondly, no one forced you to play it that day. They're called opinions and suggestions for a reason.

***Since we're being hypothetical, because I'm sure you can't predict the future, who's to say that during you saving, the power goes out and all you Gran Turismo 5 data get's corrupted, or worse yet, the PlayStation's HDD get's corrupted, and you have to buy a whole other PlayStation (or HDD)? That's not the fault of the game, but you'd probably still blame it.

Be glad that you have your data still, and that you can still play it, instead of blaming the issue some freak occurance. Stuff happens, learn to deal with it.

Disclaimer: This user may or may not base his or her responses wholly on facts. This user reserves the right to express his or her own opinions and or views, however farfetched they may seem. This user takes no responsibility for what other users may take of his or her words, and shall not be held accountable for any such actions taken as response to said words.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 30 (28 Views)
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Apr 19, 2011

I wish I could pause life so I could play gt5 even more.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 30 (28 Views)
0 Likes