Splicer
78 posts

Re: Update Notice 2.09

Nov 8, 2012

Like someone before mentioned, I've noticed the cars seem to be more tippy.

In an online race at Cote, the old Silvia I was driving seemed to be lifting in the inside front tire in faster turns and wanting to bicycle in turn 1 and at the first 180º in the esses. It made for some interesting turns ... is it going to roll, bicycle, or lift? What's it gonna doooo!?

The tires seemed grippier. I had to adjust my turn-in to keep from running into the walls on the inside of the turns.

Good work PD, keep us on our toes. I'm going to look at the update as a real life experience. "My crew has been  adjusting my car setup and my tire sponsor has given me new tires to try out." "This new (insert car here) is a lot different from last years."

Photobucket

plus vite que votre mere
Message 31 of 53 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Nov 8, 2012

yea I think that's a good attitude to view this with STi...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 32 of 53 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Nov 8, 2012
How do you not test suspended races before releasing an update? I updated because it's my natural habit to keep things up to date and I've had no problems in the past. To be fair I was aware that others have had problems in the past but I figuredit was just a random update that wouldn't screw things up.

I'm 100 laps into the Suzuka endurance race and I'm not going to do 70-some remain laps at 50 mph. I'm debating waiting it out for a fix or starting over. Just needed to vent.
Message 33 of 53 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Nov 8, 2012
FOR THOSE WITH ENDURANCE RACE PROBLEMSand then coming here to whine about it... answer me this one thing.

Why the h, e, double hockey sticks did you do an update in the middle of your endurance race?

I didn't come here to whine, and don't worry about being insensitive and hurting my feelings, but I'll give you an appropriate answer as to why the heck I updated:

I've been in the middle of this 24h endurance race for over a month. I generally only get to put an hour or 2 into it at a go before I get bored or it gets late or whatever, so I'll do my time, save and exit.   As we run together quite often, you know I like to race online often as well.  In order to run online, you MUST be at the most recent patch level or the game won't let you in, so not updating wasn't an option as I have a series race to run this Sunday.  Generally I just back up my endurance save to stick, load up gt and back out of the race.  Do my online stuff, and when I'm done, reload my save from the stick back to the PS3 and resume my enduro. This has been working great and flawlessly for months (since they added the ability to save enduro's) and mutliple patches have been released since, so I found it VERY unlikely that an official release patch would so severly affect an offline aspect of a saved game, but that's how I got fooled!

http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
Message 34 of 53 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Nov 8, 2012

yea I definitely see your point.. you can't race online w/o the update, and if a 24hr race takes a month then that could present problems.

I guess I just wondered why when people did something risky, as some have admitted it was, why they would take it out on PD when something didn't install correctly or interfered with their game play.

But to be fair, PD does deserve some criticism for not fully testing out things as much as they obviously need to before releasing a patch.

in every patch, there is a patch for the last patch to fix what it broke, and sometimes new things are broken in the process.  While I sympathize because my line of work encounters similar situations, it's still no excuse.

For instance, I have this project that's ALMOST done at work (lol would be done if I wasn't typing this maybe?  Lol) but if I pass it off as fully complete and there is a problem w/ it, I'll look worse than I would if I just hang on to it a little longer and make sure it really works.

Better to be late and do it right.

And you have a series race this Sunday?  Weird, so do I!

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 35 of 53 (280 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44893 posts

Nov 8, 2012

GT5 is a huge project, so testing for every single combination of conditions would take a very, very long time. I kind of doubt even their small set of testers could have foreseen this one coming. One of them would have had to have been in a suspended race before updating to trigger it. Unlikely...

Message 36 of 53 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Not to belabor the point, but how is doing an endurance over a month in small chunks an 'endurance'?

Message 37 of 53 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Endurance AAAAAAHHHHHH sitting there for the hole day "RRRRRRRRRRR"! I did it for GT through GT4 so is my old butt can do it you youngsters can do it! ((Respect my Gangsta))! Smiley Very Happy

Folks I have noticed things that changed on the inview of my new honda race car. (In the form of photos.

Photobucket
Message 38 of 53 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3789 posts

Nov 9, 2012
Did the in-car model change or is that a difference between A-spec and B-spec in-car views (with g-force induced pitch and light source differences?)

i.e. do you have an old replay of that top race you could use to duplicate the top picture under the same conditions?

Your viewpoint does move under braking and acceleration... Know what I mean?

The conditions of the two pictures is different enough that you cannot really tell if the in-car view has really changed, I'm afraid.
Message 39 of 53 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

No it's the same for both. the changes are that the plate around the lighted word "Honda Racing" is brighter and the rearview mirror now works. Now I have not checked every car but its the little things...

But for you I will run the car under A-Spec mode and take an in car photo.

Photobucket
Message 40 of 53 (224 Views)
0 Likes