Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Re: getting serious about this 2

Dec 12, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

hey, good to see you post over here again!

lol, thanks. but the truth is that i finally remembered my sign in password again. 

Message 11 of 19 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Dec 13, 2012

On tpra site ...Race information can be found exclusively on the TPRA forum. The majority of
official TPRA events are posted under the four License Events boards. New racers
have an Amateur (Level Four)

Looking for ( the four License Events boards ) and can not find it

Message 12 of 19 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Think I just found it

Message 13 of 19 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Maybe not ? Are there any races for newbies ? I want to start there to get the feel of things .

Message 14 of 19 (232 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
835 posts

Dec 13, 2012

sa00650 wrote:

Maybe not ? Are there any races for newbies ? I want to start there to get the feel of things .

The Licence Levels were dropped after a few months, everyone was racing at the top level.

You can join the TPRA and race in any / all series listed.

Check out the Touring Car Season 4 race from Daytona Road Course, (last night) a couple of "older gentlemen" were racing, have a guess who they were.Smiley Wink

Sig by: exXboxFan.
Message 15 of 19 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Dec 13, 2012

peyepete wrote:

sa00650 wrote:

The Licence Levels were dropped after a few months, everyone was racing at the top level.

You can join the TPRA and race in any / all series listed.

Check out the Touring Car Season 4 race from Daytona Road Course, (last night) a couple of "older gentlemen" were racing, have a guess who they were.Smiley Wink

yeah i thought this was the case, but couldn't remember for sure. so i was waiting for someone else to answer first. 

Message 16 of 19 (220 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44884 posts

Dec 13, 2012

sa00650 wrote:

There are at least two weekly events here that represent this forum and they are both designed to help anyone get started with on-line racing. The racing is clean, competitive and fun. Event links are in my signature.

If you are still building your garage, then check out the Monday Night Racing event. It has relatively short races, but the cars are all easy to get, so everyone should be able to participate. We explore all aspects of GT5 and on-line racing, hopefully with some good laughs. The time slot officially covers one hour, but most nights it's racing until we run out of gas.

The Saturday afternoon races are longer and the car requirements may be different, but players can help anyone with those.

There are other events run through this forum, some by other groups as well, so be sure to check them out. You may find something else that interests you.

Welcome to the GT forum, the home of retired GT players. Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 19 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Dec 13, 2012

+1 on Monday nights being best for true "newbies" (Noob sounds so derrogatory)

+1 on GT Saturdays event being better for those who want to start doing longer races with a variety of specs week to week.

(this week is Lupo Cup cars)

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 18 of 19 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Dec 13, 2012

The TPRA license requirements were dropped quite a while ago. We wanted it to be easier for people to get involved with the racing. It's interesting that you happened across that old info because we've archived the old Forum and started fresh. I don't do computer work myself but I'll get with the guy's that do so we can check it out. It's important that new visiters are finding the current site and information. 

sa00650 wrote:

Message 19 of 19 (188 Views)