Dec 17 2009
By: Chaos911 Treasure Hunter 6540 posts

Anyone else still play GTA IV almost daily?

26 replies 15 views Edited Dec 17, 2009

This game has more replay value before you even start the game than most games have at all. I still get kicks out messing around with peds, taking crazy shortcuts and jumps, going body bowling or whatever. The game is far from perfect, but it's definitely one of the most complete games ever. Still some improvements could be made.

I was thinking they should add these features to the next game (plus many many more that others have mentioned before):

- When stealing a car, you should have control over what Niko does to the driver when he pulls them out of the car (choices would be something like kicking them, shooting them, slamming their heads against the dash, etc.)

- They need to bring back a lot of the more unrealistic but fun cheats. Where are the tanks, riot mode (zombie mode maybe?), flying cars, jet packs, etc?

- An Arcade mode or something similar would be great for just messing around in free-roam. It would have a score counter that gives you points for things like headshots, running people over, blowing stuff up, and just general damage to the city.

- I'd like to be able to go inside more building too.  Going around a crowded high school, or hotel and shooting the place up would be tons of fun. (I've been reading a book about Columbine, and now I have a sudden urge to place bombs and shoot up a crowded high school; I think a video game would be an appropiate place to satify that urge, rather than in real life)

- Why aren't there any kids, pets or wild animals walking around?  What about skateboards, bikes, golf carts, go-karts, etc?

- I miss the area between the major cities in San Andreas too. Off-roading in the desert, or out in the forest was tons of fun, and finding ghost cars, huge natural jumps, and stuff like that just isn't possible in a city. 

Feel free to add your own ideas.

LittleBigPlanet��� Information Thread

Message 1 of 27 (15 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1972 posts

Re: Anyone else still play GTA IV almost daily?

Dec 18, 2009

Chaos911 wrote:

This game has more replay value before you even start the game than most games have at all. I still get kicks out messing around with peds, taking crazy shortcuts and jumps, going body bowling or whatever. The game is far from perfect, but it's definitely one of the most complete games ever. Still some improvements could be made.

I was thinking they should add these features to the next game (plus many many more that others have mentioned before):

- When stealing a car, you should have control over what Niko does to the driver when he pulls them out of the car (choices would be something like kicking them, shooting them, slamming their heads against the dash, etc.)

- They need to bring back a lot of the more unrealistic but fun cheats. Where are the tanks, riot mode (zombie mode maybe?), flying cars, jet packs, etc?

- An Arcade mode or something similar would be great for just messing around in free-roam. It would have a score counter that gives you points for things like headshots, running people over, blowing stuff up, and just general damage to the city.

- I'd like to be able to go inside more building too.  Going around a crowded high school, or hotel and shooting the place up would be tons of fun. (I've been reading a book about Columbine, and now I have a sudden urge to place bombs and shoot up a crowded high school; I think a video game would be an appropiate place to satify that urge, rather than in real life)

- Why aren't there any kids, pets or wild animals walking around?  What about skateboards, bikes, golf carts, go-karts, etc?

- I miss the area between the major cities in San Andreas too. Off-roading in the desert, or out in the forest was tons of fun, and finding ghost cars, huge natural jumps, and stuff like that just isn't possible in a city. 

They should definitely have zombies, maybe a multiplayer zombie mode since zombies are pretty popular right now. And sixteen people online going against hundreds of citizen zombies sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Message 2 of 27 (15 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Dec 18, 2009
I drive a orange dukes and on a 4 star level try to out manuver the cops and hit jumps, runover peds and I would so kill some zombies if we could.I like the races 2 but they are to easy in single player.if anyone wants to play gta dukes with me or any other kind of made up driving around the city stuff I'm down with that. I have completed 47 out of 50 insane jumps with the dukes. 
Message 3 of 27 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
728 posts

Dec 19, 2009

im_me145 wrote:

Chaos911 wrote:

They should definitely have zombies, maybe a multiplayer zombie mode since zombies are pretty popular right now. And sixteen people online going against hundreds of citizen zombies sounds like a lot of fun to me.

I know right that's what I have been thinking, they definitely should do that!:smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by LcCo27 on 12-18-2009 10:34 PM
Message 4 of 27 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1073 posts

Dec 19, 2009
even though this game was sadly made and theres really nothing to do in it. i play it and idky. its gta it always hooks you. lol
Message 5 of 27 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6540 posts

Dec 19, 2009
How about a replay system? I love driving around in cinamatic view, but it's hard to drive like that sometimes, so they should add a replay system, similar to skate2's, that would allow you to edit your replay and upload it for other people to see. How many times have you done something so unbelieveable that it can't be described in words, and no one was around to see it? Well it happens to me all the time, and this would be the perfect way to change that.
LittleBigPlanet��� Information Thread

Message 6 of 27 (15 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Dec 19, 2009
To my surprise, no crazy seasonal patches have been come in, like pilgrim and native American zombie clothes or a Santa vagabond.  Too bad this isn't one of those games that have effects similar to the season.
Photobucket
Message 7 of 27 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Dec 19, 2009

they should add features like more clothing and car modding and taxi, ambulance, firetruck and pimp missions

also a cheat that freezes your wanted level at zero so not matter what you do you NEVER get cops on you like on San Andreas 

Message 8 of 27 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Dec 20, 2009
I agree completely. We need a GTA SA with GTA4 graphics. Bring back all the more unrealistic cheats, ghost cars, forest, better easter eggs, etc etc.
Message 9 of 27 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
845 posts

Dec 20, 2009

im_me145 wrote:

Chaos911 wrote:

True, within the past 2, maybe 3 years there was a sudden outbreak(pun intended) in zombie themes. I always thought they should make a zombie mode - it'd be like I Am Legend!

Message 10 of 27 (15 Views)
0 Likes