Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1521 posts

Re: In Search of the Glory: Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic Trophy

Dec 20, 2008

My run wasn't as smooth, but I came in thinking that what I ended up doing was ok, especially since I didn't get disconnected once during the main run for all the required modes.

Here's my order of things (Note: When I write "transitioned," I mean that after winning the previous round I chose the next game mode and continued from there):

• I created a Custom Match for Race Mode with max private slots and went through all the races with Silent_Murder
  • Took a break and transitioned into some Fly the Co-op missions in order to help someone with this trophy
  • When finished, I transitioned into a Deathmatch game at which point Auspuff joined with some others to help
    • When we saw that random people were popping in, I went back to singleplayer, created a new Deathmatch Mode with max private slots, re-invited Auspuff and the others, and we went through all the modes from DM to Mafiya, Car Jack City, Team DM, Team Mafiya, Team Car Jack City, Cops 'n Crooks (both All for One and One for All), and lastly Turf War
      • Note: Some people might have dropped and someone new might have come in during these modes, but I never left the session and I made sure that I was on the winning team/side
  • When finished with these, I transitioned into GTA Race and won all but the last 26 - I did the races in reverse order, starting with Cannonball ones and ending with Driving While High
    • Silent_Murder had to leave, so I invited Ashley2k and won the remaining GTA races with him
  • When I got the last race win, I got upset when I didn't get the trophy Ding!
  • I then did the following:
    • I transitioned into the Fly the Co-op missions and beat them normally with Ash - nothing!
      • Strangely enough, after I beat Dealbreaker (I always do DB last) with Ash, my screen got stuck with Loading being displayed for almost three mins - I panicked, but I decided to wait it out and eventually I got kicked back to singleplayer
    • In singleplayer, I looked through my network stats to find any anomalies in my race records - I found a couple races that showed a different win number than they should have, so I made a note of them, started a new Race mode with max private slots, and re-did those races with Ash - nothing!
    • I transitioned into Deathmatch, invited two others and all four of us went through every mode from the Solo modes to the Team modes, making sure I had a victory every time, doing both modes in Cops and Crooks - still nothing!

So now, my game is still running and I'm in the Mode selection screen with my last two modes being DM and Mafiya that I did with CliMa.  I don't want to turn my PS3 off just yet, especially since PatricioUSA said that he got his trophy.

What did I do wrong?  Maybe your eyes can spot something that these tired eyes are missing.

Message Edited by ILikeChurros on 12-20-2008 03:11 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 1,513 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Dec 20, 2008
**bleep** dude, i cant believe it failed again.. when i got it.. me and dark hype were playing. we did all the reg. races first. then went back and did the gta races, and saved the multiplayer games for last. as for the races.. we had it set to 1 lap.. no one else could join.. the car damage was normal.. i cant see much difference in how you did it and how we did it other than the order u did it in.. this trophy has got to be the most rediculous trophy i've ever tried to get.. hands down. whenever you decide to try it again, that is if you dont decide to pick up an AK and head to Rockstar headquarters lol, just let me know and i'll help ya out.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 1,513 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Dec 20, 2008
whoa what the crap? it edited "om-eff-g" lmao had to spell out what i wrote or itd have just edited it again..
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 1,513 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5335 posts

Dec 20, 2008

Churros: When AUSPUFF and I went through this process, I was the host at all times.  AUSPUFF got kicked out of the game a few times but since I was the host the session was still active.  It might be when YOU (as the host) went back in to single player to make a custom match where randoms couldn't join, your session for the trophy got reset.  So your Races might need to be done again.  I can help with these if you'd like.  You should've known that the coop would've messed up your hosting capabilities.  No way would I stop mid Petrovik run to help someone with Coop!  lol  You're way too nice of a guy.  Like I said, I'm willing to run thru the races with you in a last ditch effort.  If that doesn't work I can take another look at your post.

EDIT: As with AUSPUFF, I've heard of people getting kicked out of games.  But as long as they didn't lose connection to the PSN or reset GTA they were still successful.  What I haven't heard, is a host getting kicked and returning successfully.  Therein is my reasoning.

Message Edited by lux_ on 12-20-2008 01:33 PM

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 1,513 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1521 posts

Dec 20, 2008

lux_ wrote:

Churros: When AUSPUFF and I went through this process, I was the host at all times.  AUSPUFF got kicked out of the game a few times but since I was the host the session was still active.  It might be when YOU (as the host) went back in to single player to make a custom match where randoms couldn't join, your session for the trophy got reset.  So your Races might need to be done again.  I can help with these if you'd like.  You should've known that the coop would've messed up your hosting capabilities.  No way would I stop mid Petrovik run to help someone with Coop!  lol  You're way too nice of a guy.  Like I said, I'm willing to run thru the races with you in a last ditch effort.  If that doesn't work I can take another look at your post.

EDIT: As with AUSPUFF, I've heard of people getting kicked out of games.  But as long as they didn't lose connection to the PSN or reset GTA they were still successful.  What I haven't heard, is a host getting kicked and returning successfully.  Therein is my reasoning.

Message Edited by lux_ on 12-20-2008 01:33 PM

Gah!  That's what I was afraid of.  I specifically asked several people who got the trophy if they were able to come out and host a new session and still get the trophy and the answer that I kept getting was yes, that they did that and still got the trophy.

Curses!

Well, now I know what course of action to take in order to mimic the steps that you took.  Unfortunately, I've gone out and hosted a new session several times (I wrote about each time in my list), so I've pretty much lost everything except the last two things that I've done since I started hosting my current session:  A victory in Deathmatch and a victory in Mafiya Work. =(

So on that note, I'm going to leave my system running, try to get a couple hours of sleep, come back later tonight (maybe at around 10PM GMT -6:00) and go through the rest of the modes all over again.

Fourth time's a charm, right?

Thanks StillHatin and Lux for your offer to help.  If I see you guys online and I need a helping hand, I won't hesitate to ask.

For the rest of you who have contributed so far and are looking to get this trophy, have at it!  We'll all be in the AWP club soon enough. =)

Good Afternoon, Gentlemen... and Good Night,

- Churro

P.S.  I wonder if this scenario would work:  Person X hosts with Person Y helping along.  Something happens and Person X is booted, but Y remains in the session.  If Person X gets invited back into the session and continues with getting the rest of the requirements, will Person X still get the trophy?

Message Edited by ILikeChurros on 12-20-2008 03:53 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 1,513 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Dec 20, 2008
this is the order i  did my trophy in did the coop first bomb the base hangmans and dealbreaker then turf war because i had a friend on to do it  did single deathmatch and  mafya work and then moved on to races car  boat chopper cannon  ext. and then moved on to gta and gta cannon  races after the races i started on to   car jack city then  on to teams death match and mafya and cop an crooks both of them and by the end of team car jack city it blinged the team trophy and then the AWP trophy so it sound like you did every thing that i did and i don;t see why you don't not have it !!!! well sorry to hear your pain and i sure  hope to hear you get it soon !!!!
biggdeal
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 1,513 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5335 posts

Dec 20, 2008

BiGGdeal wrote:
this is the order i  did my trophy in did the coop first bomb the base hangmans and dealbreaker then turf war because i had a friend on to do it  did single deathmatch and  mafya work and then moved on to races car  boat chopper cannon  ext. and then moved on to gta and gta cannon  races after the races i started on to   car jack city then  on to teams death match and mafya and cop an crooks both of them and by the end of team car jack city it blinged the team trophy and then the AWP trophy so it sound like you did every thing that i did and i don;t see why you don't not have it !!!! well sorry to hear your pain and i sure  hope to hear you get it soon !!!!

That order is flawed because after you leave the coop missions, your private slots are only set at 4.  So when you enter other game modes, randoms can join.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 1,513 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5335 posts

Dec 20, 2008
Churros:  Reread your post and looks like you got kicked back to single player toward the end as well.  If possible, you might want to get a friend with a reliable connection to be the host since not being the host is a little less stringet.  Also, on your next run, the reason I saved the team missions toward the end is because say you complete all the team missions.  Then you move on to GTA Race and you still have a 3rd (I had this problem).  If that 3rd person drops during the Race, it won't count toward your overall total.  You'd have to redo the race over.  Just an important tip to keep in mind.  That's why I did the run in that specific order.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 1,513 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Dec 20, 2008

i don't think the fly the co-op thing would interfere with it.. when u mentioned that it reminded me. here's the exact order i did things to get my trophy lol..

me and dark hype did all the reg races first, the next night me and him did all the gta races except for the cannonball runs. when he left, i joined churros and sniper123456789 and got the fly the co-op trophy. when that was done, my friend josh helped me finish the races. he got stoned and passed out (some friend huh?) and my cousin helped me finish the remaining multiplayer games.. i think there was only 3. death match..  mafiya work.. carjack city..  i think thats the 3 anyway.. but i dunno, maybe they just like messing with people lol.. 

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 1,513 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Dec 20, 2008
well even if is flawed thats what i did and i have the trophy and i did not go in too  detail such as picking a custom room because that i plan simple evereyone going for this trophy dose that first off so why even say it!!!!
biggdeal
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 1,513 (370 Views)
0 Likes