Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 24 2013
By: burton18000 Lombax Warrior 197 posts

Digital version of gta4 have trophies?

2 replies 88 views Edited Apr 24, 2013

I have bought the digital version of grand theft auto 4 on psn due to the sale and was hopeful to obtain the platinum in it but was disappointed to find no trophies were popping when they should have. So my question is, does gta4 digital have trophies in it? If not why

Get your Portable ID!
Photobucket
http://tinyurl.com/Episode-5-Fails-of-the-Week
Message 1 of 3 (88 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11177 posts

Re: Digital version of gta4 have trophies?

Apr 25, 2013

Grand Theft Auto IV originally released in April of 2008, at a point where trophies were not yet in existence. However, the game would later be patched to include trophies. If you check your trophies on the system though (under Account Management on the XMB where you see all trophies) does Grand Theft Auto IV appear as a game enabling trophies? If not this version of the game could either be a port of the trophy-less original or perhaps the game didn't install correctly? I'm not sure what the case may be exactly, but here's a similar discussion about the trouble unlocking trophies from the PlayStation Network version of Grand Theft Auto.

Message 2 of 3 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17388 posts

Re: Digital version of gta4 have trophies?

Apr 26, 2013

if you are playing on an old save that didnt had the trophies in the first place they are not enabled.

You need to update your ps3 to the latest firmware version and update GTAIV to the latest version then start a new game to have the trophies enabled.

GTA V FTW !

PSN : Stackcluster
Born young, not dead yet !
Message 3 of 3 (70 Views)
0 Likes