Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 30 2013
By: monsterdude79 Hekseville Citizen 360 posts

GTA 4 Disc Problem

3 replies 140 views Edited May 30, 2013

My PS3 has been having problems with a lot of games but for the most part all of them work. When trying to install GTA 4 it freezes up halfway through the installation bar, I've attemtped to install it multiple times. Since the disc refuses to work with my PS3 I was wondering if downloading the game off the PSN would give me different results. Plus it would give me a chance to finally try out the DLC.

When my GTA was installed it woulda lways freeze up when I got near the airport... So I thought it would be smart to delete the game data and reinstall to try and fix it. Now i have the current problem.

I only really want to buy off the PSN if anyone knows for sure if it will give me better results though and actually install... any help?

Message 1 of 4 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5071 posts

Re: GTA 4 Disc Problem

May 31, 2013
The downloaded version should work no problem. Your disk is either scratched all to hell or you're laser is going bad. But seems how you can play other games, the laser seems to work. Gta 4 is an old game, the ps3 should have no problem loading it.

Try deleting anything gta 4 related. Game data save data and anything I'm forgetting.

Then reset your default system settings. Not a restore! Just a settings rest, found in the system menu.

If that don't work then buy the PSN version. If THAT don't work then your HDD could be the subject.

photo ogeeGTA_zps3b23a97c.jpg

Message 2 of 4 (125 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5071 posts

May 31, 2013
All else fails ^ try formatting your hard drive. But save your music, game saves and pics etc. to a flash drive because once you format it, it's gone.
 photo ogeeGTA_zps3b23a97c.jpg

Message 3 of 4 (124 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Jun 2, 2013

I've tried everything you asked and it isn't working but turns out it probably is just the disc because I just tried it on another Playstation and it was still a no go. 

I do believe I might have a messed up laser but the disks I play most do still work for the most part. 

Think I'm going with the PSN version, Thanks for the help!!!

Message 4 of 4 (110 Views)
0 Likes