Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 27 2008
By: Ecko813 Uncharted Territory 1490 posts

GTA IV Multiplayer Cheating, Glitching and Lagging. Please Read...

9 replies 7629 views Edited Sep 27, 2008

Last night while participating in a Turf War like many nights I took notice of very weird circumstances where certain players had an increased advantage within the game. On numerous occassions I locked on an individual that had a larger health reticule and added armor during this particular game. It took me twice as long to take him out with headshots from an elevated position. To make things worse this one player was literally taking out my team by the tankers with relative ease, when a teamate finally took him out and picked up the players riffle and money like normal except this time what he picked up was a full M-16 not the M-4 Carbine that is readily available within the game throughout different locations. This is not a rumor as I personally told my teamate to stay where he was and show me the riffle. Being in the U.S. Army I can tell you that I know the difference between an M-16 and an M-4. The riffle was louder and noticabally larger in his hands with a full stock and not the retractable stoock on the M-4. I know of many players using lag switches and I highly suspect the use of a cheat disc like Action Replay as the culprit in allowing that weapon and added armor in multiplayer.

My question to you is have you encountered similar situations with cheaters, glitchers and laggers?

How do you explain that M-16 being dropped by the player when he finally was taken down? (It was not an M-4 carbine or an AK-47)

Your comments and explanations are appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (7,629 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3041 posts

Re: GTA IV Multiplayer Cheating, Glitching and Lagging. Please Read...

Sep 27, 2008

ecko813 wrote:

Last night while participating in a Turf War like many nights I took notice of very weird circumstances where certain players had an increased advantage within the game. On numerous occassions I locked on an individual that had a larger health reticule and added armor during this particular game. It took me twice as long to take him out with headshots from an elevated position. To make things worse this one player was literally taking out my team by the tankers with relative ease, when a teamate finally took him out and picked up the players riffle and money like normal except this time what he picked up was a full M-16 not the M-4 Carbine that is readily available within the game throughout different locations. This is not a rumor as I personally told my teamate to stay where he was and show me the riffle. Being in the U.S. Army I can tell you that I know the difference between an M-16 and an M-4. The riffle was louder and noticabally larger in his hands with a full stock and not the retractable stoock on the M-4. I know of many players using lag switches and I highly suspect the use of a cheat disc like Action Replay as the culprit in allowing that weapon and added armor in multiplayer.

My question to you is have you encountered similar situations with cheaters, glitchers and laggers?

How do you explain that M-16 being dropped by the player when he finally was taken down? (It was not an M-4 carbine or an AK-47)

Your comments and explanations are appreciated.

Well there's tons of glitches in GTA: IV and there's still some that very few people know. I understand where you're coming from because i've been suspicious alot as to someone not dieing (without the respawn deal). Lag is used also as you noted which i've seen terrible lag and it's worse when you're having a nice dogfight with someone in the helicopters. It's just something I try to deal with without overly getting frustrated about it. Sorry to hear but if you want a good free mode I suggest you know playing with a buddy in Party Mode or so. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (7,629 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1490 posts

Sep 27, 2008

I'm serious, I just want an honest answer. If anyone knows how he accessed that M-16 within the Multiplayer game i just want to know how it was possible. I saw it with my own eyes. I have played against many a player using a lag switch to purposely lag his connection in order to appear in front and then suddenly behind you within a game. This wasn't Lag. This was something completly different. This was a hack or code of some sort.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (7,629 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Sep 27, 2008

ecko813 wrote:

I'm serious, I just want an honest answer. If anyone knows how he accessed that M-16 within the Multiplayer game i just want to know how it was possible. I saw it with my own eyes. I have played against many a player using a lag switch to purposely lag his connection in order to appear in front and then suddenly behind you within a game. This wasn't Lag. This was something completly different. This was a hack or code of some sort.

It's not a glich or a cheat ... I noticed when I played assualt rifle only games (which is my favorite weapon) that some people seem to have a better weapon ... But, I also noticed when you passed over some gun's that it ask's you to hit L1 to switch ... I always that it was the same weapon, and you were just exchanging it for a new one ... But then I started to look closer at the gun's with my zoom and they aren't ... you do have both assualt rifles in the game ... You start off with the weaker of the two and you have to run across the BETTER one ... Take a closer look in the next assualt rifle only or powerful gun game! But, there more plentyful in the assualt rifle only rooms ...
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (7,629 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1490 posts

Sep 27, 2008

TuFFTiFF wrote:

ecko813 wrote:

It's not a glich or a cheat ... I noticed when I played assualt rifle only games (which is my favorite weapon) that some people seem to have a better weapon ... But, I also noticed when you passed over some gun's that it ask's you to hit L1 to switch ... I always that it was the same weapon, and you were just exchanging it for a new one ... But then I started to look closer at the gun's with my zoom and they aren't ... you do have both assualt rifles in the game ... You start off with the weaker of the two and you have to run across the BETTER one ... Take a closer look in the next assualt rifle only or powerful gun game! But, there more plentyful in the assualt rifle only rooms ...

Thank you for your contribution, however this Match was neither Assault Rifles only or Powerful....It was a standard match...What you seem to be referencing is when you pick up an Ak-47 and pass over an M-4 then it asks you if want to exchange weapons...What I am talking about is a 3rd option that was larger and more powerful than both of those rifles...(No it wasn't a Sniper Rifle)...Like I said in the O.P. the rifle was a full M-16 not the M-4 carbine that you find throughout a game. If you know shoot me a PM...smileywink...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (7,629 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Sep 29, 2008
Hold up, i play GTA online a crap load never noticed this only problems i really have is people glitchin in the map and stuff, i thought there was only 2 Assualt Riffles M4 Carbine and the AK47. Oh yeah my worst problem is playing a with a terribad Lagger ......makes it all ...very...flusturating ruined a Sixaxis i got so mad one time. lol
Message Edited by mason1993 on 09-29-2008 03:43 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (7,629 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Hey there, I too have destroyed a six axis controller and the disc. Going through gta 4 withdrawl lol but episodes which I have is so weak Rockstar shouldn't even have bothered making the multiplayer version of it. Gta 5 better not have the glitches in it.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (7,462 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Replying to such an old post may be pointless, but I totally understand and agree (Still).

I quit GTA 4 online the other day because I was getting sick of it as well. Went on to play Red Dead Redemption, and encountered the same thing. There are some people out there who are capable of impossible online feats, which one can only attribute to cheating.

Sony, Playstation, PSN, game makers, etc... should ALL be concerned about this, and make their games with this in mind.

Players who cheat, intentionally lag, and whatever other forms cheating takes, should be BANNED from the network indefintely!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (7,447 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Idk anything about that but sometimes I do head shots at people with a machine gun right at there head and they didn't lose any health and they killed me its happend more then once.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (7,121 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 16, 2012
if anybody knows the dino or toilet or couch or anything weird send wildcatfb11 a message for gta 4 or add me on psn tell me about gta to i also play bo2 4th prstege

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (6,159 Views)
0 Likes