Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 21 2011
By: Trontasia Lombax Warrior 150 posts

More Ideas for GTA V

355 replies 1622 views Edited May 21, 2011

They need to make things more accessible, make it so that you can pick up and use other objects as weapons (kinda like WWE). Not have a limit to how far you can go with an object. No limit. And, be more practical about it too, like, when you're in your home (in the game) and you have your wired phone on a counter, you can take it and use it as a weapon. Also, pick up a chair in front of a table. Other things: (Off of walls): clocks, pictures, (taking stuff off of sides of things). Box of cereal, dishes, food out of the refrigerator, clothes, balls (footballs, basketballs, etc.), rocks, bricks, broken fence, vehicle parts (even off of a car), pop cans (empty or full), different kinds of bottles, iron pipe, different kinds of boxes, bikes (non-motorized) (and if strong enough), metal trash cans along with the lids themselves, plastic recycle bins (like you find in a bathroom at a public place), garbage bags (obviously, full ones), and also: the stronger you are, the heavier an object you can pick up. And, you can throw the object too, as well as swing 'em. The longer you hold the button, the harder the throw. And you can change the pitch of the swing with the camera, with the right analog stick. When you throw an object at something hard, it gets damaged upon impact. Some pieces come off. And you hear the sound of it too. The harder you throw it, the more severe and catastrophic the damage will be. You can bust it many numbers of times until it finally breaks altogether. There might be more things I haven't thought of, at least not yet.

photo GTA_San_Andreas_player86_zps6f6d7ab9.png
https://www.facebook.com/jeromy.weeks?ref=tn_tnmn
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 8 of 356 (1,622 Views)
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Re: More Ideas for GTA V

May 9, 2011

It's a very good idea, but I don't seem to like it. I'd rather have the simplisity of shooting someone rather than beating to death someone with a soda can... sounds fun, but no, lol.

Here's an idea... not sure if it could be possible, but maybe it could be coolish. I hear around that GTA should be more "open" rather than just being stuck in 2-4 islands. What if the game actually has at least 4 of the big countries: USA, China, Japan, & Mexico (or could be another mix). So the thing would be like you are in your country and then go to another country and battle it out for bragging rights and such. Perhaps take their stuff and make something off it wherever you came from. It's a bit of a bad example, but competision will always exist. Plus, when does GTA give you good examples?

Something like that. Doesn't nessesarily HAVE to be what I said, but y'know.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 1 of 356 (1,622 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

May 10, 2011

I'd like to be able to use a pistol/smg while using the cellphone, so that calling somebody during a gunfight would be less annoying (also: cellphone in one hand + Desert Eagle in the other = Baddass). There could be a bluetooth headset that you could buy in-game to let you use both hands for heavier weapons.

Another thing I'd like to see is destructable environments. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to knock down skyscrapers like in Red Faction: Guerilla, but a semi truck should at least be able to knock aside a dumpster, right?

My status is fine, Admiral. But yours is about to go Red.

Message 2 of 356 (1,622 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

May 10, 2011

Make it fun, we aren't buying this game for realisticness.  TBoGT was defidently a step in the right derection but how about some more guns and a real tank (The apc was nice but a real tank would be sweet)

Message 3 of 356 (1,622 Views)
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

May 10, 2011

A tank would be awesome, i remember San Andreas, the APC is okay but the tires kill it "flips too easy",they did do it right with the new Heli.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPicProud owner= Sony PS3 60/500 slim
Motorstorm-Heavenly sword-Drakes fortune-Darkness-Oblivion GOTY-R&C TOD-NFSPS-COD4-Assasins creed-Burnout Paradise and many more
Message 4 of 356 (1,622 Views)
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

May 18, 2011

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

It's a very good idea, but I don't seem to like it. I'd rather have the simplisity of shooting someone rather than beating to death someone with a soda can... sounds fun, but no, lol.

Here's an idea... not sure if it could be possible, but maybe it could be coolish. I hear around that GTA should be more "open" rather than just being stuck in 2-4 islands. What if the game actually has at least 4 of the big countries: USA, China, Japan, & Mexico (or could be another mix). So the thing would be like you are in your country and then go to another country and battle it out for bragging rights and such. Perhaps take their stuff and make something off it wherever you came from. It's a bit of a bad example, but competision will always exist. Plus, when does GTA give you good examples?

Something like that. Doesn't nessesarily HAVE to be what I said, but y'know.

Go, Six Machine!

Well, you don't have to use objects as weapons if you don't want to. You can do whatever you want. Using objects as weapons would be just one of the things you could do. Other things, like for camera views, I would suggest an on-foot first person view as one of the views, and for vehicles, I would suggest dashboard view. I was the guy that suggested dashboard view for games that involved vehicles. I could even show you the thread where my username used to be "TronTek" at the time.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 5 of 356 (1,622 Views)
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

May 20, 2011

Another thing I thought of: dual weapons with a weapon in one hand, and another weapon in the other hand at the same time. And they can be fired independently or both at the same time. There also ought to be an M-79 grenade launcher too. I think it would be an iconic weapon in a GTA game. Especially, if it's in a new San Andreas.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 6 of 356 (1,622 Views)
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

May 20, 2011

When this Game does come out Itll be the only game I reserve GTA is tooo Sick!

Message 7 of 356 (1,622 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7157 posts

Jun 2, 2011

ChrisI-I wrote:

Make it fun, we aren't buying this game for realisticness.  TBoGT was defidently a step in the right derection but how about some more guns and a real tank (The apc was nice but a real tank would be sweet)

I agree with the weapons, I miss the minigun and flamethrower from previous GTA games. The quick-firing M249 in TBoGT was cool at first until I tried using it during a mission and saw how the M4 was more accurate. I also miss being able to start massive fires using the flamethrower.

The APC wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. Once you find the exact location where the cannon fires and how to take corners in it, the APC isn't a bad vehicle to have fun in. (Although I prefer the Buzzard for total destruction, since I can escape the cops on parachute.) The APC also handles well to gunfire (about 10 minutes in the airport), even though the front is the only part that's actually bulletproof. What the game actually needed is a vehicle that was 100% bulletproof and explosion-proof to go alongside the APC. At least until they re-introduced the tank.

What I've been wanting to see since 2005 was real environmental damage. I'm not talking about the cracked building front, cracked store window or the broken concrete pillars in GTA IV, but things like structural damage, destruction of items (statues, walls, buildings, bridges), things you could destroy in real life with missiles from aircraft or tanks.

Message 9 of 356 (1,622 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Jun 3, 2011

losdodgers wrote:

What I've been wanting to see since 2005 was real environmental damage. I'm not talking about the cracked building front, cracked store window or the broken concrete pillars in GTA IV, but things like structural damage, destruction of items (statues, walls, buildings, bridges), things you could destroy in real life with missiles from aircraft or tanks.

As awesome as that would be, I don't think we're going to see full destruction in a GTA game anytime soon. Whenever a new GTA title comes out, the anti-gaming crowd come out and take it as their opportunity to get on TV (hell, I bet most of them can't even name any other game). Imagine what they'd do if the game they're screeching about let players take out entire buildings.

And that's without even mentioning how technically hard it would be to create an entire city, and stuff that falls apart semi-realistically.

Personally, I'd settle for being able to take out the exterior walls of buildings, kinda like in Bad Company 2, if only so that the RPG actually does something more than scorch the wall.

My status is fine, Admiral. But yours is about to go Red.

Message 10 of 356 (1,622 Views)
0 Likes