Nov 19 2013
By: semajmarc87 PlayStation MVP 2348 posts

Rockstar is acting grimey

[ Edited ]
19 replies 256 views Edited Nov 19, 2013

Rockstar seems to be doing everything in their power to make it impossible to legitmately make money and gain XP in the Grand Theft Auto V online. It seems like after every patch they release for this game, you get less and less money and XP for missions. And they wonder why people resort to glitches? They are trying so hard to force people to actually spend $20 for $1 million virtual dollars. It's like they're deliberately trying to tick people off (and it's working).

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
1,000+ followers | 100+ subscribers
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (256 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4736 posts

Re: Rockstar is acting grimey

Nov 19, 2013

I could not agree with you more. I'm starting to really hate Rockstar now. 

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0   IamNinjaRabbit

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (237 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2348 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

Yeah Rockstar, don't spend any time fixing the technical problems with this game. Make sure you spend your time adding broken bottles, beach clothing, a slow 50 year old van and even less ways for us to earn money and XP in the game. Grand Theft Auto V has basically become a slightly more interactive version of PlayStation Home.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
1,000+ followers | 100+ subscribers
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (204 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2049 posts

Nov 20, 2013

It usually seems to be a bad omen when microtransactions are mentioned/added.

R*'s next title will probably be "Grand Theft Of Dust".

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3226 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

Everyone seems to be unhappy with the reductions, but personally, I could play all day with a tricked out Surrano and a silenced AP pistol, and not really care about much else.

Then again, I did use CR to level up as fast as I could, because I knew they would patch it.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Nov 20, 2013

They need to make money, which I get. However... what they are charging for GTA$$$ is outrageous. 20 bukcs only yields 1M or so? If spend on a high end car it barely if even covers it. So you are throwing down 20$ for a car, just one, maybe not even one fully upgraded at that. I would like to see the actual cost halved. Then maybe I could get on board with it, but I still wouldn't pay for it. Im patient enought to earn the $$ I spend in game.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Nov 21, 2013

You'd think the billion dollars they made wouldve been enough for them. Missions aren't even worth doing. DCUO implemented the use of houses perfectly. You can get drops/rewards from missionsto customize your place, all kinds of furniture. People would want to do missions to fix up their crib. As of now cribs are useless, just store your vehicles. 

Genesis, Snes, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, PS3
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (125 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23770 posts

Nov 21, 2013

Can you really say that deep down you're actually surprised by this? How many copies did GTA V sell so far? Roughly about thirty million copies. Even if only a third of those people play online, that's still ten million people a day that log in and play. Servers cost money, so does security, physical storage space, patches, and they need people to do all the work to make it happen.

The gaming industry, despite the most popular belief among the gamer cognoscenti, does not run on happy thoughts. It takes money. You want all these things like online play, monthly updates, free downloads, gameplay improvements? Well they have to be paid for somehow, and I don't begrudge Rockstar for making as much as they can before the game goes back on the shelf for countless people.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Nov 21, 2013

Like I said, I get it.  However the cost to value ratio just isn't there from my personal perspective.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8557 posts

Nov 21, 2013
Albatross stop it. They made 1 billion + and are owned by take two interactive. They have money
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (115 Views)
0 Likes