12-29-2008 10:00 AM
EDIT: This guide is old, but still usefull. I mainly talk about GH3 songs, if you need help on WT songs, I'm sorry, I don't have the game yet. I hope this helps
Hello fellow Guitarheroists. You're stuck on Medium? Maybe you can't hit that orange note? Well i'm going to give you some pointers to make your game a lot better, and a lot easier.
Okay, i just want to let everybody know, before i get started, that reading this will not automatically make you super-awesome at guitar hero. You'll see that i'll say practice a lot, because you can't just read a guide and expect to get back on your guitar and rock out. This guide pretty much just gives you some pointers, and tips. Honestly i think it will help you, but like i said practice makes perfect. I Hope nobody starts flaming me because it was insufficient information. So this is just a heads up.
- You probably hear this alot, and it's a lot easier said than done, but you'll need to move your whole hand. Lets say you get a pattern of these notes.G-1 R-1 Y-2 B-3 O-4 G-1 R-1 Y-2 B-3 O-4
(G=Green R=Red Y=Yellow B=Blue O=Orange)
- On medium you should be able to do that pattern pretty easily. Now if we were to throw in an orange key, then you'd need to move your whole hand over so that your index finger lies on the red key.
- Now there's an orange key, as you see there's a green key after the orange one here. You'll need to slide back down to green with your index finger, and slide up to red, then do the sweep over to orange.
(1=Index 2=Middle 3=Ring 4=Pinky)
- You can probably move up to expert now, if you're comfortable with chords, but you still need to work on the solos. Some are very hard, and some are pretty easy. Here's some advice; You have to see the solo in your head first, just get down the pattern of what you'll have to hit, then try to tell your fingers what to do (not literally). Sometimes you'll be amazed that you've just FCed (Full Combo) a solo, and you didn't even know you could.
- Sweeping is in just about every song, so you'll need to learn it. And it's really easy so don't worry. They're All either hammer ons or pull offs, so no strumming needed, except for the first one. Just Use the images above as a reference. Start with your index finger on green, strum one time then move your index to red, middle to yellow, ring to blue pinky to orange, then quickly hop back down to green with your index finger and repeat. Keep in mind that you'll have to learn how to sweep both ways. I still have trouble fastly sweeping from left to right, like in the Metallica-One solo. I have to move my hand to where my palm is above the fretboard.
- Expert Players - You're really good, but you need to learn to tap through those solos with both hands, and use your elbow to strum. It sounds stupid, feels uncomfortable, but if you get good at it, then we're talking about 100% songs all the time.
02-08-2008 06:46 AM
02-08-2008 05:56 PM
02-09-2008 01:41 PM
The battles just take luck, keep trying. Alternatively, i'll update the guide to help you out.
This is a nice guide. I was stuck on medium before, but now I completed 25 songs on hard (only 3 stars) and now I'm stuck on the battle with slash. I can't even get through the begining.
02-09-2008 01:49 PM
I added some tips to the guide to help you defeat One, and Raining Blood. A\s for the Number of The Beast song, you'll just have to keep trying. It's pretty easy. You'll get it.
i read the guide when you orginally posted........I play on hard the first time through the game, and then jump to expert once ive at least 4 or 5 starred every song. Anyway, I have hit a wall on the last setlist of songs. I beat CoD with no problem the first time. I get through about 75% of one then.......hand falls apart. The slayer and iron maiden songs there seems to be no hope for me. The last sets of GH1,2, and hte 80's I didnt have this problem.
Do you have any advice for these three songs, The iron maiden song I think I just cant keep up with the pace.
Thanks in advance
03-27-2008 08:19 PM