Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 11 2011
By: steeler192 First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Which one should I play first? The game or the DLC?

6 replies 922 views Edited Jul 11, 2011

I just bought the game and immediately downloaded The Taxidermist add-on. I read it's set before the events in the game, so I want to ask which one should be played first?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7 (922 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Re: Which one should I play first? The game or the DLC?

Jul 11, 2011

I haven't played it, but since the DLC is set before the events of Heavy Rain it would make sense to play it before you start the main game.

Cliffracer Trophy Card
Message 2 of 7 (922 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11173 posts

Jul 18, 2011

Having played through The Taxidermist DLC after playing the game, it appears as if the time frame is set more along the lines of the middle of the game's narrative rather than before or after. Unless I'm mistaken, there's no distinct way of telling when it takes place... just that you know who is the star here.

Honestly though, I don't think it matters so much. If I had a preference, playing the DLC after the main game might be better, considering you might want to get to know that person before you realize what they're up to in this DLC that technically released after the game came out, if memory serves.

Message 3 of 7 (922 Views)
Wastelander
730 posts

Jul 18, 2011

The game...

BannerFans.com
Message 4 of 7 (922 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
436 posts

Aug 7, 2011

i never got that add on but if its a prologue to the story then i would probably play that first and then the main story. have fun heavy rain is one of my favorites!

Message 5 of 7 (922 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2992 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

I had this issue too. So I just started the main game and played acouple chapters to get used to the controls. Then I played the add-on. It was good, but kind of freaky because the Leland actually reminded me of someone I know. He looks just like him and sounds like him too. This guy I know if really nice and kind of a gentle giant, but I guess like most serial killers, they appear nice and friendly in public but then have that scary darkness lurking inside them.

bobs fed signature
Message 6 of 7 (854 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Nov 17, 2012

If you're the type of person who cares about the plot of the game, you should probably play the DLC first as a way to get a clear idea as to why the events in the original game occured in the first place, and then you might be able to enjoy the original much more since you already know the background story of some of the characters incolved in that game as well as the original.

Message 7 of 7 (841 Views)
0 Likes