Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5276 posts

Re: Homefront First Impressions?

Mar 18, 2011

KellyJaye wrote:

That is incorrect about paying to play online.  When I first went online with the game, it says that if you do not have a code that came with the game, you will only be allowed to rank up to level 5 online.  You can still play it all you want, just wont be able to get any higher in the game.

The online pass thing kinda sucks but I can agree on their reasoning for them and EA having such a feature.  In the end, it still ends up being cheaper to by the game used and pay for the online pass in most cases.  Atleast with me, Ill rarely buy a used game for anymore than 20.00

PSN ID: KellyJaye ...if anyone cares - www.myspace.com/kellyjinva

Well atleast they are allowing you to keep playing online rather than blocking you completely.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 42 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7092 posts

Mar 18, 2011

BigPete7978 wrote:

leukoplast wrote:

KellyJaye wrote:

So far Im just not feeling it but will give it another try later.  Servers are too stressed right now and just adds to my stress :-)  Its a pain right now connecting with friends, mics not cutting out, or just getting into a random game.  It took me 20 min before I finally got into one.  All this is expected for something this big so I have no beef with that

Big?  This game is small potatoes dude.  I bet it's going to sell less on the PS3 than KZ3 has.

Already confirmed to have sold more. LINK

Homefront is multi-platform genius!  Last I checked KZ3 is a ps3 exclusive, makes sense now doesn't it?

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 42 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5276 posts

Mar 18, 2011

MiamiBlue wrote:

BigPete7978 wrote:

leukoplast wrote:

KellyJaye wrote:

So far Im just not feeling it but will give it another try later.  Servers are too stressed right now and just adds to my stress :-)  Its a pain right now connecting with friends, mics not cutting out, or just getting into a random game.  It took me 20 min before I finally got into one.  All this is expected for something this big so I have no beef with that

Big?  This game is small potatoes dude.  I bet it's going to sell less on the PS3 than KZ3 has.

Already confirmed to have sold more. LINK

Homefront is multi-platform genius!  Last I checked KZ3 is a ps3 exclusive, makes sense now doesn't it?

All I did was post the numbers, no need for the sarcasm.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 42 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Mar 18, 2011

First thought = Patch

Home
www.tacticalgaming.net
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 42 (381 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 18, 2011

Well I have had a couple days to play it. I think most of the feedback is the same. Online it seems is difficult, everyone has better weapons then me! I am hoping when I level up the guns and other "extras" can come into play. Although to be fair my gameplay on COD (black ops) is the same, some good games some bad games. I do enjoy both COD and Homefront. I must say the campaign was satisfying but could have taken longer then 8 hours to beat. I was a big fan of Red Dawn, so this game was right up my alley.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 42 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5276 posts

Mar 18, 2011

Foo52 wrote:

Well I have had a couple days to play it. I think most of the feedback is the same. Online it seems is difficult, everyone has better weapons then me! I am hoping when I level up the guns and other "extras" can come into play. Although to be fair my gameplay on COD (black ops) is the same, some good games some bad games. I do enjoy both COD and Homefront. I must say the campaign was satisfying but could have taken longer then 8 hours to beat. I was a big fan of Red Dawn, so this game was right up my alley.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 42 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Mar 19, 2011

I havent played it yet,but am waiting on Gamefly to get it to me, I knew I wasnt going to buy this game, its previews and concept are not impressive at all,and from what I am hearing it even failed to live up to what little hype it had, and also North Korea is just an unbeleivable occupying force, they can barely feed themselves,but somehow managed to take over Japan and the US ? , China or Russia would have made a more believabe and realistic enemy,since they are greatly more powerful and have larger militaries than North Korea, in reality China has a security pact with North Korea,so they could have made it North Korea, and China, Occupies Japan and the US,that would have been a better story

anyway, most FPS players now of days dont seem to care about the single player much, but I still do, actually its the make or break part of the game for me, and if the story doesnt make since,or is stupid and non-immersive, than I wont buy the game(Modern Warfare 2 for example),no matter the quality of multi-player

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 42 (381 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 24, 2011

The campaign mode could have definately been longer. But it was pretty good in my opinion. Now the online has been sketchy at best. My PS3 froze twice today and when I do get the chance to play it, its jumpy. I am hoping it gets better with server fixes and what not. But if it keeps up I guess I will have to retract my praises. At least I have the new maps on COD Black Ops, or the add on content for Assassins Creed Brotherhood to occupy my time.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 42 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Mar 31, 2011

Homefront suck.  Messed up my PS3.  Now, I can't play "Borderlands" or anything else.  I'd rather play that other messed up game, Fallout New Vegas, than to play the trailer of Homefront. 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 42 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Apr 5, 2011

I just upgraded my internet to the deal at ATT&T.  It's a 6 Mbps download package and is $40 per month.  That is the only way I can get green bars in my online games.  That is a lot of money to pay just to play video games.  They need to stop charging people to pay extra for used, rented or borrowed games.  I don't care if you can play up to level 5 without paying. This game is such a crappy game that you would do well to rent first.  And you shouldn't have to pay full price to rent a demo.  That's what it is when you're only allowed access to the most minimal of features.

Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 42 (381 Views)
0 Likes