Jun 12 2008
By: Nakolo~ First Son 1 posts

BAIL OUTS SUCK!!!

10 replies 6 views Edited Jun 12, 2008

I'm so frustrated with several of my fellow PSP Online gamers!  The last five ... FIVE times I've played Hot Shots Open Tee 2 online, I've had competitors BAIL OUT on me nearing the last hole, when it looks like they're going to lose.

That's poor sportsmanship, and a glaring display of immaturity!  

When I lose, I take it like an adult, congratulate the other player, and try to improve.  Is that SO hard?

Wendell

Honolulu, Hawaii 

Message 1 of 11 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
455 posts

Re: BAIL OUTS SUCK!!!

Jun 12, 2008
Wow that sucks.  I don't know how the PSP version works since I don't have it... But on the PS3 version if you're playing in a tournament and you bail out, you can't enter another tournament for like 18 to 24 hours,  I know because while playing in a tournament, I got a phone call and wasn't playing so it auto bailed after you don't respond.  I think that's a great feature for tournaments.  That doesn't apply to custom made matches though.  If I'm losing bad or close I always keep playing... no matter what.  It's unfair to the other person who's sat there and played with you and you decided to bail because you don't like the outcome.  It's a very weird and unfortunate mentality people have these days.
Message 2 of 11 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2414 posts

Jun 12, 2008

Actually, cloudy, you are blocked only until the tourney you were in ends. Their message when you try to enter another tour when that happens needs a bit better translating.

I do agree regarding the bailers, though- was doing a bit of stroke play this morning on OoB and one guy left after just two holes. True, he could have had network troubles or something came up unexpectedly but one never knows sometimes.

Message 3 of 11 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
455 posts

Jun 12, 2008

Well I tried to join another tournament and it wouldn't let me.  I even logged out for the night, woke up the next morning and forgot about the previous night.  I then went through the list of tournaments that were available that morning for me to play and it wouldn't let me join any tournaments.  And it wasn't like they said I'm not eligible.. I had all the requirements and said it was OK for me to join... it just wouldn't let me join because of what had happened the previous night.  Others have expressed online that they couldn't get back in hours after they bailed.  

So either an update or different versions (country wise) have different rules for bailing.

Message 4 of 11 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Jun 13, 2008

Nakolo wrote:

I'm so frustrated with several of my fellow PSP Online gamers!  The last five ... FIVE times I've played Hot Shots Open Tee 2 online, I've had competitors BAIL OUT on me nearing the last hole, when it looks like they're going to lose.

That's poor sportsmanship, and a glaring display of immaturity!  

When I lose, I take it like an adult, congratulate the other player, and try to improve.  Is that SO hard?

Wendell

Honolulu, Hawaii 

I hear ya!!!

That's why I stopped playing online OT2...  I just finished the game, so I should be getting into online tourneys, but might just wait a little longer until more mature players start logging in... 

Message 5 of 11 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Jun 16, 2008

CloudYiMPULSE wrote:

Well I tried to join another tournament and it wouldn't let me.  I even logged out for the night, woke up the next morning and forgot about the previous night.  I then went through the list of tournaments that were available that morning for me to play and it wouldn't let me join any tournaments.  And it wasn't like they said I'm not eligible.. I had all the requirements and said it was OK for me to join... it just wouldn't let me join because of what had happened the previous night.  Others have expressed online that they couldn't get back in hours after they bailed.  

So either an update or different versions (country wise) have different rules for bailing.

All games should impliment some sort of "penalty" for bailing out of a game...
Message 6 of 11 (6 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 16, 2008
I have no idea how good my ranking would be now if it were not for bail outs.  At least a dozen times I have had the lead with a couple holes to play and suddenly I have nothing to show for it but a waste of time.  I like finding tournaments with a large group of people b/c there is usually at least one person with sportsmanship that stays around to the end for you.  Being from America I hate saying this but we bail more than any other country (England is a close second).  The Japanese play with great sportsmanship and almost always complete the round they start.  I always play world tournaments now.
Message 7 of 11 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Jun 16, 2008

iMustbreaku wrote:
I have no idea how good my ranking would be now if it were not for bail outs.  At least a dozen times I have had the lead with a couple holes to play and suddenly I have nothing to show for it but a waste of time.  I like finding tournaments with a large group of people b/c there is usually at least one person with sportsmanship that stays around to the end for you.  Being from America I hate saying this but we bail more than any other country (England is a close second).  The Japanese play with great sportsmanship and almost always complete the round they start.  I always play world tournaments now.

I also found US players the first to bail and English the second... 

Message 8 of 11 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10730 posts

Jun 17, 2008
the japanese players seem pretty friendly/cool in this game, but i have seen a few of them bail out too
Message 9 of 11 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Jun 17, 2008
I've noticed on HSG: OOB that a lot G1 players bail after 1 bad hole!  but that doesn't matter on a Real Tournament, as long as the round started with over 10.
"Columbus went around the world in 1492. That isn't a lot of strokes
when you consider the course." Lee Trevino
Message 10 of 11 (6 Views)
0 Likes