Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
698 posts

Re: HS: OOB (PS3) Frequently Asked Questions

Jul 8, 2008

Excellent thread.  I've just gotten "hooked" on the game and have started to play online.

So my "noob" question is this... all of the attributes you gain offline help you online right?  The more you play offline the better your guy is online?

If that's the case, how does the online know what attributes you have based on the fact that I made my own avatar/character when I signed up online?

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 62 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Jul 8, 2008

Toob_Sox wrote:

Excellent thread.  I've just gotten "hooked" on the game and have started to play online.

So my "noob" question is this... all of the attributes you gain offline help you online right?  The more you play offline the better your guy is online?

If that's the case, how does the online know what attributes you have based on the fact that I made my own avatar/character when I signed up online?

Yes, all the attributes you earn from offline reflect to online gaming.  Your online avatar/character is just for showing, not directly related to attributes.  Your collected attributes are based on the playable characters.  Try to gain loyalty for all characters and you'll be fine.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 62 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Jul 8, 2008
So which offline character are my online character's attributes based on?  Offline, I can currently choose from Nick, the Asian dude, the young kid and the girl.  When I power up in an attribute it goes towards that character I used right?  Or does it get applied to all characters and thus my online guy as well?
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 62 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jul 8, 2008

For example... if you play Bjorn a lot ofline... and you get his Loyalty to 12... when you play online and use Bjorn in online tournamanents, it will be the same Bjorn from ofline... with Loyalty level 12.

If you Play Felipe a lot offline and get his loyalty to 6, when you use Felipe online, he will have loyalty level 6.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 62 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1666 posts

Jul 8, 2008
Nice Job, this should have been the manual it is so good. Manuals realy suck these days. You almost have to get involved in the forums to figure things out. Man this is a very STICKY thread. Stick it it up!
Mom can I have another quarter, pleeezzzzzzzz!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 62 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Jul 8, 2008

So isn't it best that always use the same guy offline so that I can get his attributes as high as possible?  Wouldn't they all max out after a certain point anyway? 

OK, so if I want to use a person online that is ranked high offline I need to change my profile to match it accordingly.  I thought that when I made my online character that it was customized though....

I love confusing the crap out of myself.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 62 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jul 8, 2008

Ok, you have to get some terminology straight...   you have an AVATAR and you have PLAYABLE CHARACTERS....

AVATAR is the little guy you made in your online profile... you gave him hair and glasses and a backpack... he is useless and has nothing to do with your offline abilities. He is for looks only. When you are standing in the lobby, kicking the soccer ball around, you use that AVATAR to chat and that's about it.  You can change the avatar as many times as you want. It doesnt affect anything.

The PLAYABLE CHARACTERS are the ones that you choose right as you are starting a game. Whether its online or ofline. Doesn't matter. If you are offline and you pick a challenge mode, and you play as Bjorn, Bjorn will build up stats. Then, if you go online and join a tournament, and choose Bjorn, the same stats will be used, and you even build up stats on Bjorn as you play online.

So to answer your question: Yes, it is a good idea to build up stats characters. Like a previous poster said, you should try to build up stats on as may as you can. That way, when you play online, all the PLAYABLE CHARACTERS are decently set up for you. Personally, while I'm working my way through the single player challenges, I try to play one character from each level... I have Bjorn built up and maxed out, I have the intermediate character Felipe built up, and as I unlock Advanced charaters, I'll choose one of those as my main.

When you join an online tournament, it might have rules, like you can only play "Bjorn" or you can only play "Sonja"  so if you have some stats in those characters it will help... that's why the previous poster suggested getting stats in them all. That way if you get in a tournament with restrictions, you aren't playing a character with a level of zero.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 62 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Jul 8, 2008

lintila wrote:

Ok, you have to get some terminology straight...   you have an AVATAR and you have PLAYABLE CHARACTERS....

AVATAR is the little guy you made in your online profile... you gave him hair and glasses and a backpack... he is useless and has nothing to do with your offline abilities. He is for looks only. When you are standing in the lobby, kicking the soccer ball around, you use that AVATAR to chat and that's about it.  You can change the avatar as many times as you want. It doesnt affect anything.

The PLAYABLE CHARACTERS are the ones that you choose right as you are starting a game. Whether its online or ofline. Doesn't matter. If you are offline and you pick a challenge mode, and you play as Bjorn, Bjorn will build up stats. Then, if you go online and join a tournament, and choose Bjorn, the same stats will be used, and you even build up stats on Bjorn as you play online.

So to answer your question: Yes, it is a good idea to build up stats characters. Like a previous poster said, you should try to build up stats on as may as you can. That way, when you play online, all the PLAYABLE CHARACTERS are decently set up for you. Personally, while I'm working my way through the single player challenges, I try to play one character from each level... I have Bjorn built up and maxed out, I have the intermediate character Felipe built up, and as I unlock Advanced charaters, I'll choose one of those as my main.

When you join an online tournament, it might have rules, like you can only play "Bjorn" or you can only play "Sonja"  so if you have some stats in those characters it will help... that's why the previous poster suggested getting stats in them all. That way if you get in a tournament with restrictions, you aren't playing a character with a level of zero.

Very well explained lintila. 

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 62 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jul 8, 2008

I try... I am somewhat new to the game myself, soI hope I have it mostly right on this topic.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 62 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Jul 8, 2008

lintila wrote:

I try... I am somewhat new to the game myself, soI hope I have it mostly right on this topic.

I have been schooled and get it!  Thanks for taking the time to set me straight.  It makes complete sense to me now.  Ironically, I am really tired today... because I was up late playing this game!
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 62 (371 Views)
0 Likes