Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 62 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Re: HSG:OOB (EG:WT) Frequently Asked Questions

Jul 30, 2008

mrgrugby wrote:
peace! i should have said EVERY chip-in gets automatically recorded. annoyingly so...sorry

No problem, I may have gone a bit overboard myself, I jumped the gun a little and also apologize to you.
newforumsig
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 62 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jul 31, 2008

not every chip in is recorded only those which are UNDER par i.e birdie,eagle

any special par saves you must manually record

lee trevino " when playing golf and lightning strikes, go stand under a tree holding a one iron.......
even god can't strike a one iron"

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 62 (340 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 31, 2008

Question.

How do you use the pre-assigned phrases for chatting during rounds of golf (for example: "Nice Eagle," or "Well, it's a par") ?

When I hit the R2 button to chat, I only have the predictive text keyboard, and a lot of times I don't have enough time to say anything. 

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 62 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Jul 31, 2008

EaritEarit wrote:

Question.

How do you use the pre-assigned phrases for chatting during rounds of golf (for example: "Nice Eagle," or "Well, it's a par") ?

When I hit the R2 button to chat, I only have the predictive text keyboard, and a lot of times I don't have enough time to say anything. 

Thanks. 

Use L2, it will give you what you are looking for

Rowdy

newforumsig
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 62 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Aug 4, 2008

I thought I would help add some online controls seeing there are none. Do with them what you wish. 

Online Controls

Movement

Move around using the left analog stick. You can jump using circle and double jump by hitting the button twice. 

Chatting

There are three methods of chat in Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds. To select from a list of prerecorded messages hit L2, if you would like to type a short message with the PS3 controller press R2. The third method is to use a PS3 compatible keyboard. Each of these methods put a different color icon over your head to signify the type of message you are trying to send. A blue pencil is a prerecorded message, a green pencil means someone is typing with their controller, and a red pencil means they are using a keyboard. 

Game Modes and Chatting

While in the lobby: You can chat at any time with the people in the same lobby as you are. To bring up a chat log of what's being said, simply press square. 

Stroke & Match play: In these types of games you can chat most of the time without any problems. 

New Real & Tournaments: In this format, you can only chat in between holes through the scoreboard.

Emotes

Emotes are done using the right analog stick. Additional ones that can be done by holding L1 while using the right analog stick. 

Clap:  Right

Wave: Down

Shout: Left

Love: Up

Golf Swing: L1 + Right

Sad: L1 + Down

Shocked: L1 + Left

Angry: L1 + Up

Rotating your character

You can change the position of your character at any time by holding R1 and using the right analog stick. This can be very helpful if you are trying to position yourself correctly on a piece of furniture. 

Sending PSN messages

While in the lobby awaiting a tournament you are unable to open the in game XMB(Cross Media Bar). If you would like to bring up your friends list at this time to send and read messages, simply hit the select button.

Stroke & Match play fun
During these two game formats you have the power to annoy your fellow players into playing worse. Please be advised that abusing these tactics can be seen as bad sportsmanship, it is best to use them only occasionally.
There are three things you can do when you are in spectator mode waiting for your opponent to shoot. You can taunt your opponent using the D-Pad of your controller. The content of the taunts vary from character to character. Similarly you can praise your opponent using the Square, Triangle, Circle and X buttons. During this time your character also appears on the screen, you can walk around the screen while your opponent is lining up their shot using the left analog stick. 

I thought about explaining all the game modes/rules too but can do that later if you want it. Didn't want to overstep my bounds.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 62 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Aug 5, 2008

Thanks Diazaru, I've added your content in.  This started out as a simple FAQ, but I guess there is no harm in it becoming more of a manual.

Many thanks

"Columbus went around the world in 1492. That isn't a lot of strokes
when you consider the course." Lee Trevino
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 62 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Aug 6, 2008
Blimey!  It keeps on saying that I've exceeded the 120000 character limit.  It looks like I would be adding anymore to the original post!
"Columbus went around the world in 1492. That isn't a lot of strokes
when you consider the course." Lee Trevino
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 62 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah I know it wasn't FAQ'ish, I just hear lots of complaints that there is no online manual. Oh well, if there's no space there's no space =)
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 62 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Re: HS: OOB Frequently Asked Questions

Aug 10, 2008

Fantastic post..

All this info... Especially the online info, should be in the game manuel. I had been navigating through a rather in depth online world with little info. If more people had all this info out the gate, less confusion always = more people playing.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 62 (340 Views)
0 Likes