Oct 21 2009
By: BADGERCAT Lombax Warrior 142 posts

How Does Online Play Work In HSG Out Of Bounds?

2 replies 16 views Edited Oct 21, 2009

I love HSG, been playing since PS1.  I now have HSG: OB  and I finally got all the patches downloaded to play online.  I am a little confused about how it works.  I just want to play someone online, but I keep running around in a lobby.  Seems like a less than ideal set-up, but perhaps someone more experienced could explain it to me.

Anyone else from Canada play HSG online?

Generated image
Message 1 of 3 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2414 posts

Re: How Does Online Play Work In HSG Out Of Bounds?

Oct 22, 2009

Once you are in the lobby hit the triangle button to bring up the menu or go to the desk and hit X. If you are wanting to set up a small game for up to 4 players select "Create Game Room". You'll then be able to set things up to your liking for mode of play (Real Time Tournament, Stroke or Match), special rules, course, etc. Once you confirm your choices the room is created and you'll be there waiting for other players. You can also join people's games this way, just select Game Room List and see what's available.

As you probably are aware, there are also tournaments with upwards of 50 player slots available. To try your hand at these select the Tournament List in the menu. You'll then be able to scroll through and find tournaments for your level (G3, G2, G1, G0). Select the tourney, make sure to check the rules for it as some have special rules that limit your character/ clubs. When you confirm entry you'll be taken to the waiting area, the tourney will start at its appointed time.

I'm in canada as well but haven't played for quite a while- other games have called my attention away. I'll be getting in some practice when I can, though, to get a layer of rust off.

Message 2 of 3 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Re: How Does Online Play Work In HSG Out Of Bounds?

Oct 22, 2009

Thanks for the how to man.  I have been playing other games for a while too, but now I am going to play some HSG.

Generated image
Message 3 of 3 (16 Views)
0 Likes