Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 18 2008
By: Toob_Sox Wastelander 698 posts

New to Hot Shots Golf

3 replies 6 views Edited Jun 18, 2008
I've played Tiger Woods in the past... but this is the first time for Hot Shot Golf.  I am looking for a fun golf game that I can play online.  What are some good things about the game?  Is it realistic in any way or is over the top arcade style?  Mix of both?  Thanks for any general info anyone can give me.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Re: New to Hot Shots Golf

Jun 18, 2008

Though the characters are in typical Japanese anime style, the physics of the game are actually far more realistic than Tiger Woods.  And also, just as in real golf, you cannot spin the ball after hitting it - that makes Tiger Woods so bogus. 

Online is fun - with several different formats to play and the tournament ranking system, though it has some flaws, is an interesting way to rank the players.  And downloadable content helps keep the game fresh - there's a brand new course coming on Thursday.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1666 posts

Jun 18, 2008

BGunner wrote:

Though the characters are in typical Japanese anime style, the physics of the game are actually far more realistic than Tiger Woods.  And also, just as in real golf, you cannot spin the ball after hitting it - that makes Tiger Woods so bogus. 

Online is fun - with several different formats to play and the tournament ranking system, though it has some flaws, is an interesting way to rank the players.  And downloadable content helps keep the game fresh - there's a brand new course coming on Thursday.

Big time DITO on the physics being better. I played TW for years and finally got feed up with the online problems. Thank God HSG came out and saved me. The online is 1000% better than TW. ANd yes, 1000 not 100. Can't wait for the new DL courses!

Mom can I have another quarter, pleeezzzzzzzz!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4125 posts

Jun 19, 2008

HSG blows TW out of the water.  I'd consider more of an arcade style.  The good thing about this game, is its really easy to learn, yet pretty hard to master.  They added a new feature called the advanced shot.  HSG traditionally would use a power bar to set your power, but this year they added the advanced shot.  You can choose which one you would like to use.   I highly suggest using the advanced shot.  It will take you a little longer to get used to (maybe 2 rounds or so), but when you use the advanced shot, the character hits the ball 15 yards further.  Online is fun too.  I highly suggest running through the Challenge mode before hoping online for 2 reasons.  One, you get familiar with the courses.  Two, in the online tournaments, you sometimes can only use a certain characters.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (6 Views)
0 Likes