Jun 18 2008
By: D-Nitrate Treasure Hunter 4099 posts

Questions about how to interpret the stats in the "Status" Menu

3 replies 2 views Edited Jun 18, 2008

OK, I did a search in this forum, as well as looked over the excellent HSG: OOB Information & HSG: OOB FAQ Threads, and could not find the answers:

I'm looking at my stats in the Status menu and I have a few questions:

1) Golf Level  (I'm at 14)

• What does that mean?
  • How many levels are there?
  • How do you increase Your Level?

2) Game(s) (I'm at 122 Round(s))

• Does a round have to be 18 holes to qualify?
  • Does playing a 9 hole match count as 1/2 round or a full round in this stat category?
  • Do rounds played in multiplayer mode count?
  • I'm wondering, because I seriously doubt I've played that many 18 hole rounds  in any mode, let alone ingle player mode.  I am usually playing 6 hole multiplayer rounds with family and friends... do those count for anything?

3) Overall Rounds (It says 93 for me)

• OK, so now I'm really confused... on the first page of stats it says I've played 122 rounds... but on the second page of stats it says only 93 rounds... why are they different?
  • Also, relating to unlocking capsules, on this page of the stats it says how many rounds I have played on that course and from that tee, but once again, it's not clear if this is for only 18 hole rounds?
  • In fact, I'm thinking 9 hole rounds count for something, as I saw that it did go up one after finishing a 9 hole challenge match... but when I played it again it did not.... could it be that 9 hole matches count for 1/2?

4) Restarting Stats

• Is it possible to restart your stats without also losing all your unlocked characters, loyalties, items, capsules, etc?
  • I ask, as I'd like to see how my stats compare now to what they were when I was first starting out.  Currently it's just an average of everything, including the times when my kids have played using my ID.

BTW:  I asked this in another thread, but I might as well ask it here as well:

5) Loyalty

• Is there a list somewhere specifically detailing all the different ways one can boost loyalty and how the formula works for determining how much each of those methods can raise the loyalty?
  • Has anyone firgured out what is the fastest method for raising loyalty?

I've won each of the 96 challenge matches, and my stats say I've played 122 rounds, and yet I've barely raised the loyalty levels of most of the characters, and have only maxed out one.  At htis pace, it will take me over a year to max them all out.

Thanks for all the help you can provide!

Message Edited by Digital-Nitrate on 06-18-2008 05:22 PM

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Re: Questions about how to interpret the stats in the "Status" Menu

Jun 18, 2008

I'll try to answer some of them. Hopefully others can chime in:

1) Golf Level  (I'm at 14)

• What does that mean?  It's more your level as a player. It's supposed to correspond to your skill and experience (more the latter).
  • How many levels are there?  Reportedly 20 and maybe beyond. The highest level players on the international (non-JP) server are Level 17 right now. The highest you can get playing the single-player offline game is Level 15. Beyond that requires online play (and high-level wins).
  • How do you increase Your Level?  Increase to 15 using the offline single-player game. To get to 15, you'll need good scores on most if not all the courses (9H and 18H, regular and long tee). 16 requires you be at 15 and get a G1 online win (if you get a G1 win before you're 15, you'll level up to 16 automatically when you're ready for 15). 17 reportedly requires 120 online (ranked) rounds and at least one G0 win (maybe more, not sure).

2) Game(s) (I'm at 122 Round(s))

• Does a round have to be 18 holes to qualify?  I don't think so, but less than 9H doesn't count (including any kind of match play I think).
  • Does playing a 9 hole match count as 1/2 round or a full round in this stat category?  I believe a full round. You should test it out by playing a couple of 9H games in Stroke mode.
  • Do rounds played in multiplayer mode count?  Yes, except I don't think less than 9H counts or match play. I could be wrong.
  • I'm wondering, because I seriously doubt I've played that many 18 hole rounds  in any mode, let alone ingle player mode.  I am usually playing 6 hole multiplayer rounds with family and friends... do those count for anything?  Don't think so, sorry.

3) Overall Rounds (It says 93 for me)

• OK, so now I'm really confused... on the first page of stats it says I've played 122 rounds... but on the second page of stats it says only 93 rounds... why are they different?  Never understood that. Previous HSG games have the same thing. Maybe these are the 18H equivalent rounds?
  • Also, relating to unlocking capsules, on this page of the stats it says how many rounds I have played on that course and from that tee, but once again, it's not clear if this is for only 18 hole rounds?  It's a mystery. 
  • In fact, I'm thinking 9 hole rounds count for something, as I saw that it did go up one after finishing a 9 hole challenge match... but when I played it again it did not.... could it be that 9 hole matches count for 1/2? Maybe for the overall rounds count.

4) Restarting Stats

• Is it possible to restart your stats without also losing all your unlocked characters, loyalties, items, capsules, etc?  Not sure. I think there was some trick to resetting your stuff and keeping your prizes, but I heard they closed that loophole (different from creating a second account and keeping all your stuff, I think).
  • I ask, as I'd like to see how my stats compare now to what they were when I was first starting out.  Currently it's just an average of everything, including the times when my kids have played using my ID. 

BTW:  I asked this in another thread, but I might as well ask it here as well:

5) Loyalty

• Is there a list somewhere specifically detailing all the different ways one can boost loyalty and how the formula works for determining how much each of those methods can raise the loyalty?  Not that I know of. You could check roughdawg's faq in gamefaqs.com. I know that the harder the course, the more loyalty increase you get. Also, you get less loyalty the higher the loyalty level is. I think the challenges may give more loyalty than a multiplayer or stroke round, especially the first time the challenge is beaten. I think lower level characters may get more loyalty than higher ones, but I'm not exactly sure. I know called games in VS matches give a nice boost of loyalty, particularly against the harder characters.
  • Has anyone firgured out what is the fastest method for raising loyalty? After you've beaten the challenges, probably the fastest way to raise loyalty is beating Anya in VS play with called games (on Crown). Otherwise, I'd suggest using Crown (long tee) with Stroke mode. That'll give you around half a heart or so for each 18H. There is a way to "cheat" by giving up on each of the first three holes against Anya to lose a called game. That'll give you about 1/5 of a heart. But I can't imagine doing it repeatedly. Would seem like a waste of time!
Optimus Prime
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 19, 2008
The reason the is a descrepancy between your rounds and total rounds played is because of "Unofficial" results such as Big Cup tourneys and a few other I can't seem to remember. The game remembers you played a round (hence the one number going up) but does not add this round to your "official" rounds, which is on the next data page I believe. This is my thought anyway.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Jun 19, 2008
Oh, yeah, I forgot about the "unofficial" games like big cup and +2 stuff (as well as 6 hole rounds, etc.). That makes more sense then.
Optimus Prime
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (2 Views)
0 Likes