Jun 15 2008
By: fuzzytoad~ First Son 11 posts

Servers down in the middle of tournaments?

8 replies 1 views Edited Jun 15, 2008

whiy did the servers go down in the middle of tournaments without warning?

Message Edited by G.Reaper on 06-15-2008 07:20 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: **bleep**?k

Jun 12, 2008

the error message when trying to get back online says to see hotshotsgolf.com..  there's zero information there unless you want to know about the new psp hotshots game..

what the eff is going on?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2414 posts

Jun 12, 2008
They had the warning up as you were getting connected that they were going to be shutting down for maintenance today at 9 PM eastern and be off for about three hours. Pays to read their notices as you go online.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 12, 2008

when i went online this morning(11am cst) there was no such notice..  after talking to a few people, i've learned that there was a lower-screen banner message in spanish(?!??!?!) notifying people to logout due to a server outage for maintenance..

i guess that its too much trouble to not only update the site players are referred to during these outages, or too use real-time(lowerscreen baners) communications in a language all players can understand to inform us of what's going on...

since i originally started this thread, i've been told that since 18% of US players speak spanish, the banner message was more than enough info to justify dropping all "international" tournies..

w/e, F Sony, F this game.. no wonder nobody's playing.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10599 posts

Jun 12, 2008
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 undergoes Online Maintenance every Wednesday. They tell you that everytime you log in, you get a message.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2414 posts

Jun 12, 2008

fuzzytoad wrote:

when i went online this morning(11am cst) there was no such notice..  after talking to a few people, i've learned that there was a lower-screen banner message in spanish(?!??!?!) notifying people to logout due to a server outage for maintenance..

i guess that its too much trouble to not only update the site players are referred to during these outages, or too use real-time(lowerscreen baners) communications in a language all players can understand to inform us of what's going on...

since i originally started this thread, i've been told that since 18% of US players speak spanish, the banner message was more than enough info to justify dropping all "international" tournies..

w/e, F Sony, F this game.. no wonder nobody's playing.

The notice was there, just after the "connecting now, please wait" screen, where they have the "server news".

Madden, i believe he is talking about on Out of Bounds, not Open Tee 2.

Message Edited by lyndon on 06-12-2008 08:38 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Jun 12, 2008
The crawl at the bottom of the screen began 10 minutes before the outage and was in Spanish, French, Italian, and of course, English. 
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Jun 12, 2008
I can attest to what BGunner said. I made the mistake of coming on right at 9 and saw the crawl. It did eventually get to English. Plus the warning about server maintenance had been posted on the news/announcement screen when you log into online for several days. You can't not see that screen when you log in. It's impossible. I think it may have been easy to skip past it for the fact that the hours were during a time when many people play and not overnight like they usually do. I forgot as well (and was looking forward to the next G0 tourney), but that's no reason to get upset about it.
Optimus Prime
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 15, 2008
going down at 9? thats friggin bs. why not 4am? i would like to know where thier office is so i can shut them down at 9.
Message Edited by G.Reaper on 06-15-2008 07:20 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (1 View)
0 Likes