Jun 10 2008
By: didikong99 Lombax Warrior 149 posts

Update tonight....

5 replies 2 views Edited Jun 10, 2008

Anyone know what the update will be tonight.... server maitenance? updates for upcoming DLC? I have looked and haven't found any info on it yet...

just sucks that they are doing ig during the prime time when most people are online...

Message 1 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Re: Update tonight....

Jun 10, 2008
Doesn't look like DLC. Usually they announce it on the PS Blog and will have it listed right there when you log in to the online mode. I'm only hoping for more, varied G0 tournaments (and G1 while they're at it). If not, I'm sure they'll do so with the next update (which I'm betting will be on the 19th).
Optimus Prime
Message 2 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Jun 10, 2008

News on the PS blog about new DLC usually isn't posted until Wednesday morning at the earliest, as the new relases on the store don't occur until late Thursday/early Friday.

Also, the first major update in April actually added all presently available DLC to your game data.  If you noticed during that update download, there were over 120 files that were installed, some quite large.  That's why when (or if) you purchased Alex and Gloria from the store, the download for them was done in an instant.  You already downloaded them both during the initial update - all that was purchased was a digital key to unlock them in your game install data. 

I'm hoping that they release the Oceania course on Thursday, but I'm not holding my breathe, especially with OT2 just being released, they're probably busy working on debugging issues with that.  Also, I'm hoping for some of the cool features that have already been unlocked on Japan's server; namely, enabling the best scores page on everybody's player profile, and the photo save/screenshot of  tourney leaderboards.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Jun 10, 2008

Hi didi!!

Are you G0 yet?  You were playing so well... 

I haven't been on for about 3-4 days now, as I'm trying to play OT2 as well...

Anyways if you're not G0 yet, I'll look forward to playing you again~ ^ ^

Message 4 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2414 posts

Jun 10, 2008

That bit of maintenance is for tomorrow (Wednesday) night, not tonight. It is a somewhat unusual time to be doing that, though- usually it's in the 1-3 am time when not as many would be on.

If they are introducing any sort of new DLC (which is always possible but I'm doubting it this time) it could well be the Australian- based course that was introduced to the Japanese version of the game a month or so back and maybe the costume pack that was released in japan a couple weeks back.

Message 5 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Jun 11, 2008

BG, the blog post on the Gloria and Alex DLC came on a Tuesday. The post for the April online update came a day after the update (though info had been spread by websites and was posted on the online mode's news screen before the update). I'd love to see Oceania Thursday, but I still think the next update will be next week. Honestly, I'd be happy with a simple update to the tournament scheduling this week to increase the frequency (and variety) of G0 and G1 tourneys.

And about showing best scores on the profile--shnap! that means I gotta play more Stroke on courses other than Crown.

Optimus Prime
Message 6 of 6 (2 Views)
0 Likes