Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 14 2008
By: JustLu Monster Hunter 28 posts

Why aren't there more G0 tourney's?

11 replies 3 views Edited Jun 14, 2008
In HSG OOB I just recently became a G0 golfer online and today at 8pm PST I went looking for an official tourney and found 1 G0 tourney available in a 6 hour time period. And on top of that it was traditional only. There are at least 3-4 g1 tourneys an hour they could at least remove a GF tourney and replace it with a G0 tourney every hour. The only reason I'm posting this here is because I cannot figure out a way to contact the developers to request they add more G0 tourneys. And while I'm at it the only course used for G0 tourney's is Crown Links they need to mix up the courses a bit.  Finallly, can they give us an idea as to when the oceania course will be available in the U.S. it's been available in japan for quite some time now. Hopefully someone reads this and reacts but if not can some one help me with an email address or link to the developers so I can give them my input. Thanks
Message 1 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Re: Why aren't there more G0 tourney's?

Jun 14, 2008
Hey, Lu. You definitely deserve the promotion. I think you'll do pretty well in G0. I agree that there are not nearly enough G0 tourneys. We usually have between 15-20 players each tournament, but for some reason they don't think it warrants more regularly scheduled G0 tourneys. They have plenty of GF tourneys they can replace with more G0 and G1 tourneys. It's ridiculous and it's turning away a lot of players. They're going to lose some people permanently if they keep it up. People might not come back and pay for the DLC, so Sony better fix this soon if they want our money.
Optimus Prime
Message 2 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Jun 14, 2008
Until enough of us get to that level, there won't be any reason to have that many available. But one in six hours, that is terrible. I am sort of glad I can't get out of G2, I get to play a lot and I always end up one out of the podium. Fun fun. But when I finally do reach higher levels, I am sure the number of players and tourneys will be up. Until then....  over 120 games in G2 and still trying.  PSN: MLT24
Mom can I have another quarter, pleeezzzzzzzz!!!!!
Message 3 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Jun 15, 2008
Thanks Prime I love the online competition. I know you are right there aren't enough G0's to warrant a bunch of tourney's but One an hour would be nice. Today I logged on at 6pm Pst and looked through all 12 hours of tourneys there were 3 G0 tourneys in 12 hours 3 out of 480 and they were spaced 3 hours apart.  In my eyes the people who are G0 are the hard core players that want to play give us the opportunity. And you are exactly right prime I think about putting HSG in and decide not to because I know there isn't a game to play so why even put it in. Even more frustrating is the fact that I cannot find any real contact info to make game suggestions.
Message 4 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10862 posts

Jun 16, 2008

MLT24 wrote:
Until enough of us get to that level, there won't be any reason to have that many available. But one in six hours, that is terrible. I am sort of glad I can't get out of G2, I get to play a lot and I always end up one out of the podium. Fun fun. But when I finally do reach higher levels, I am sure the number of players and tourneys will be up. Until then....  over 120 games in G2 and still trying.  PSN: MLT24

I feel your pain.

Here in HAwaii when it is about 8pm or after there is only one or two G1 tournaments an hour and nobody is entered.

I wish I would have stayed in G2. 

Photobucket

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 5 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Jun 17, 2008

HawaiiD wrote:

MLT24 wrote:

I feel your pain.

Here in HAwaii when it is about 8pm or after there is only one or two G1 tournaments an hour and nobody is entered.

I wish I would have stayed in G2. 

I'm feeling your pain feeling MLT24's pain.

Since G1, I've started to play user created games and found them a lot of fun, especially Stroke Play which makes a nice change from Real Tournaments.  

"Columbus went around the world in 1492. That isn't a lot of strokes
when you consider the course." Lee Trevino
Message 6 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Jun 17, 2008

I've noticed a huge drop in the availability of tournaments between G2 and G1

Most of the GF, G3 and G2 tournaments go by without any players in them what so ever! It would be a huge improvement if there was only 5 floors, but each floor was dedicated to a particular rank (GF, G3, G2, G1 and G0). That way there would be at least 4 games per hour for each rank and they might be fuller than folk being spread across multiple simultaneous games!

Message Edited by Noobs on 06-17-2008 12:29 PM
Message 7 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Jun 17, 2008

New Pain_

I was 1st in a lobby waiting on a G2 game to start and this player text "MLT24, you are not a G1 player". I responded, "this is a G2 room?” He text back, "I know". And that was it. I thought it was weird, then I remember reading about G0 and G1 players making new accounts but keeping player skill levels and this was pissing G2 players off when they saw them in G2 tourneys. I even noticed G2 players giving G2 players with level 15 and 16 a hard time because they were back in G2 from G1, but heck they got demoted and that is part of the format. I am sure when I get into G1 I will be demoted a few times before I can hold my own. I can see teasing someone for getting demoted, but they were texting really bad things, up to calling them terrible names. In other words they were serious about being mad they were back in a G2 room.

So now I am figuring that guy who texted me thought I was a G1 player who had made a new account so I could play G2 with my G1 talent and also keeping my G1 status under a different name. Sounds feasible and I can understand why people would do that since like this thread points out, there aren't enough G1 ad G0 Tourneys to play.

More pain

Message Edited by MLT24 on 06-17-2008 01:45 PM
Message Edited by MLT24 on 06-17-2008 01:46 PM
Mom can I have another quarter, pleeezzzzzzzz!!!!!
Message 8 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Jun 18, 2008

Level 16 seems to be a curse! Quite often I go into a game room only for the owner to leave! Sucks!

If they didn't want me in there they should have resticted the access - that's what it's there for!

Message Edited by Noobs on 06-18-2008 12:32 PM
Message 9 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Jun 18, 2008
I don't think that's ever happened to me, though I don't play in game rooms that often (something I certainly plan to do more of). Many of the games I've played there were a great mix of people, though I usually select game rooms with the harder courses. I'm guessing if you enter a game room that's Highland or Okinawa with a regular setup, then people may be discouraged if they think you'll fire a 20 under on them. I probably also self-select when it comes to the Lvl posted next to the game room (I tend to join those with higher levels). Anyone know if that's an average of the player levels present in the room? It seems to change when people enter and leave.
Optimus Prime
Message 10 of 12 (3 Views)
0 Likes