Jun 14 2008
By: MLT24 Uncharted Territory 1627 posts

online tourny disconnected????

7 replies 2 views Edited Jun 14, 2008

I have played game since day one, never been disconnected once until about 5 days ago. This happening to anyone else? I connect straight thru to modem, and I reboot modem before I play every time. SO there should be no problem. It has to be HSG server problems because I can play other games, like COD4 for hours, and not get disconnected. And I usually play COD4 right after I get disconnected from HSG online so it is not my connection. Over the last 5 days I usually get disconnected from an online game every other game. Then it drops me right back into the lobby???? Help anyone!

Mom can I have another quarter, pleeezzzzzzzz!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

Re: online tourny disconnected????

Jun 16, 2008
I have the exact same problem only mine started after they did the very first update.  The only thing that is helping me is reseting my modem before I play each time.  I tried everything and posted several threads on the boards only to get the same answers from people.  "Wow! Sucks to be you man!"  I still get disconnected from time to time even with reseting the modem so I don't know a fix for it. 
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Jun 17, 2008
Wow!  Sucks to be you man!
"Columbus went around the world in 1492. That isn't a lot of strokes
when you consider the course." Lee Trevino
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1627 posts

Jun 17, 2008

Hey Attuny, sorry to hear it has affected you for so long! I played over the last few nights and with no problems this time? I didn’t do anything different than usual. I always reset modem and straight wire for gaming. I hope the problem is gone because this is an awesome online game when running correctly. Maybe try resetting your modem when problems arise. MLT24

Mom can I have another quarter, pleeezzzzzzzz!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Jun 17, 2008

After the server maintenance last week, there seemed to be some random connection problems, but I'm guessing all is fine now. I don't know since I've only played once in the past 10 days and I feel like I'm going through withdrawal.

Attuny, have you checked your internet settings? What NAT type do you have? And what is your wireless signal strength? If your connection is wired, do you have your ports forwarded?

Optimus Prime
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

Jun 17, 2008

JEdwards wrote:

After the server maintenance last week, there seemed to be some random connection problems, but I'm guessing all is fine now. I don't know since I've only played once in the past 10 days and I feel like I'm going through withdrawal.

Attuny, have you checked your internet settings? What NAT type do you have? And what is your wireless signal strength? If your connection is wired, do you have your ports forwarded?

My NAT is 2.  I use wireless but I did try plugging straight in to see if that was the problem and it didn't help.  This is the only game I have problems with.  I play 5 games online with my PS3 and 4 with my Wii and only HSG disconnects.  I actually stopped playing for a couple months because getting booted 2 holes from a podium finish for the 2437th time was enough. 

If I reset my modem before I play I seem to be fine for a game or two but after an hour or so I will get booted.  Nothing in my system, modem, internet, router, etc has changed.  The only thing that happened was an update for the game and from that point I was screwed. 

I do appreciate your wilingness to help and ask questions though.  I recently was informed that I was "spaming" in another thread I started because I was not getting any help.  Technical support on this forum leaves something serious to be desired...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Jun 18, 2008

Not sure if this will help, but it's worth a shot. This is how you forward certain ports on your modem for Sony's online games.

1. Go to http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

2. Click on your router

3. Click on PlayStation Network

4. Access your router's setup and configure it as the page describes

It may not help, but it's generally useful to set up regardless. However, if it doesn't work I can only suggest one more thing:

1. Delete the HSG install data (NOT your game save)

2. Boot up HSG and re-install

3. Go online with HSG to get the latest update

You may want to do this on Thursday (after the next update), just in case. Hope it helps!

Optimus Prime
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

Jun 18, 2008
I will certainly try these things and thank you very much for your help, rather it works or not.  It's more than I got in 2 seperate threads I started...
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (2 Views)
0 Likes