Jun 12 2008
By: MLT24 Uncharted Territory 1663 posts

side spin

1 replies 9 views Edited Jun 12, 2008
I hear some players mention using side spin, how do you do that? If you hit the direction button to either side at inpact, just like you when you hit buttom arrow button for back spin, you will instead get fade or draw shot, slice or hook, shot. So how would you hit it straight, then have the ball with side spin when it hits the green? Or are they using the fade or hook shot and saying it is side spin?
Mom can I have another quarter, pleeezzzzzzzz!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Re: side spin

Jun 12, 2008

MLT24 wrote:
I hear some players mention using side spin, how do you do that? If you hit the direction button to either side at inpact, just like you when you hit buttom arrow button for back spin, you will instead get fade or draw shot, slice or hook, shot. So how would you hit it straight, then have the ball with side spin when it hits the green? Or are they using the fade or hook shot and saying it is side spin?

You cannot hit a straight shot in an attempt to do a super sidespin shot.  Ball flight from left to right is called fade or slice (if moving too much right or a bad hit of fade) and right to left is called draw or hook (if moving too much left or a bad hit of draw).  To successfully achieve sidespin shot (ie. left to right / draw), you must push left on power, then right on impact.  You'll then see a blue flamed super sidespin (draw) shot.

I normally use super sidespin shots only to avoid hitting obstacles in my straight path.  It is a very tough shot to pull, but is very rewarding and cool if measured and hit correctly.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2 (9 Views)
0 Likes