Sep 18 2012
By: BlueDiamond93 Treasure Hunter 7051 posts

A certain kind of Jak 4 is not possible, but a new story-line based Jak 4 has to happen.

[ Edited ]
57 replies 114295 views Edited Dec 23, 2013

original.jpg

Ok so this thread is about how Jak 4 cannot be made, the things between Jak X, J&D: The Lost Frontier & A Jak & Daxter reboot game.

Jak 4

I've been seeing people for the last past years ask for a Jak 4 with Gol & Maia and the Dark makers. It seems ppl never learned or came to understand that a Jak 4 like that could and will never exist realistically. It was stated by both Pre Co founders of ND that the Jak & Daxter series was meant to start out and end as a trilogy, meaning no Jak 4 with certain aspects. Jak 3 was the conclusion of that plotline. So if Gol and Maia didn't come back in Jak 3 then they never will even if it's not enitrely impossible. It doesnt matter how many cliffhangers we have like Samos saying " The dark eco probably destroyed them, probably." That's how it is and you people should know this by now. It doesnt matter how many times you request for a Jak 4  (with certain aspects) because it won't happen. Every single Jak game ever made was designed to keep us guessing or prediciting what will happen in the next game or what will happen next. With this being said yes Jak 3 ended with mysteries(well honestly 1 mystery and thats if Jak was The actual Mar) but that's how it was ended. Now they can expand on that whole Mar mystery, but that would still be considered a new storyline. I made this post because ppl are wasting their breaths asking for a return of certain villians and a Jak 4 being designed a certain way. by another company 

Jak X

-Jak_X_Combat_Racing.jpg

Now Jak X was a spinoff sequel to the storyline and game, Jak 3. However the events of Jak X were after the events of Jak 3...... So on, Jak X was a successful spinoff because Jak and Daxter was still Jak & Daxter without changes (excluding the clothes). They were still those badass characters who was always getting into danger, daxter with his funny commentating, and Jak saving the day. Ppl need to understand Jak was a destined driver from the start. It all started in Jak II (JakL TPL really because of the racing goggles) with the Zoomers and NYFE races. He became the racing champion after beating a certain character. Then in Jak 3 the race element was expanded even more. He even stated that, "If theres one thing I can do, its race!" He also said, "I can race with the best of em." It was also stated by some chars in Jak 3 that he has vehicle skills. And I forgot in Jak II, Keira said, "Jak is the best racer she's ever seened." So looking at the fact we had 3 awesome platformers (Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II & Jak 3) it wasn't bad that we got a pure racing game from/with him. It just wasn't a BS spinoff at all because Jak was always a born to race badass skilled driver. The spinoff is relevant to his character and character skills/traits.

JakandDaxter_inlineImage004.JPG

Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier

jak_and_daxter_the_lost_frontier-1695783.jpg

This game was technically a sequel, but acted MORE as a side-story spinoff.  Now this game wasn't made by ND, but ND planned this game at an earlier point in time before making Jak X, it was made by High impact games (a studio made up of old former Naughty Dog & Insomniac members). It's worth noting that HIG are mostly responsible for both the conclusion of the plot in this game and things like Jak not having his goatee. Before ND dropped production of this game very early in development, there are scenes on youtube that show Jak with his goatee along with his original voice actor. This game gets highly criticized for having Dark Daxter (which I agree with and disagree with at the sametime), no Light & Dark powers and other things. Besides those things the game is decent enough. It should be played from start to finish before being judged.

Jak & Daxter Reboot

So with it being said that Jak X was a spinoff and Jak &  Daxter: TLF was a spinoff, thats one sign showing you that the original story has been over since Jak 3 and new stories have been trying to be formed. Another sign is that ND in 2011/2012 tried going back to a new J&D reboot game, but they came across some problems. Some problems were they tried adding the element of realism into Jak & Daxter. Another problem was they couldn't seem to make it good enough to please fans. So with this reboot that will get made someday (hopefully after Uncharted 4) it doesn't have to be like The Lost Frontier. It can't just be assumed that the next reboot will fail like TLF, because TLF wasn't made by ND. With enough time and patience ND could pull off a great reboot. 

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 1 of 58 (114,295 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Jak 4 not possible, but a new J&D game is possible.

Sep 19, 2012

I understand about the trilogy being done, the darkmaker story is finished and the metal head story is finished, but either way im still not satisfied with gol, jak 2 and jak3 were linked torether and not so much the first won. the precursor legacy can be continued seperatley and bring daxter back to the title. so yes there is no jak 4, but there is jak and daxter: somthing something somthing having to do with the precursors

Message 2 of 58 (114,240 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

TreasureMan123 wrote:

I understand about the trilogy being done, the darkmaker story is finished and the metal head story is finished, but either way im still not satisfied with gol, jak 2 and jak3 were linked torether and not so much the first won. the precursor legacy can be continued seperatley and bring daxter back to the title. so yes there is no jak 4, but there is jak and daxter: somthing something somthing having to do with the precursors

Jak and Daxter TPL was part of the trilogy as well. All 3 Jaks were linked together. Jak 2 & 3 just had a more stronger link. The purpose of Jak 1 was about dark eco and controlling it and all that. In Jak II dark eco was still the main idea and in Jak 3 errol was the new Gol by wanting dark eco, controlling it, being obsessed with it and wanting the destruction of Light eco. Jak 3 finished what Jak 1 started. The mysteries to the precursors were solved like there where-abouts,  powers, orgin and etc. 

Remember when you think about Jak 1. Jak II was actually first. Jak was sent back in time to a place he didnt belong to to gain enough skills to defeat Metal Kor.

So with that being said there cant be a sequel to Jak 1, II or 3. I have also thought about it but its not possible Smiley Sad. I forgot to include a prequel is also likely but highly highly unlikely, because that would just be complicated and really risky.

Like I said in my post. If ND had the passion as they did before for Jak they could start another new series similar to the start of precursor legacy and make a whole new series. But seeing this generation now and ND now, thats impossible. ND doesnt have that passion like the R&C develpoers have and thats a shame. ND doesnt realize how much potential Jak has left. His games can actually surpass almost every game out there if done correctly. I Don't care if we get loading screens just make a **bleep** good world with a great plotline.

Only time will tell.
Message 3 of 58 (114,228 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Sep 21, 2012

I kind of figured if they made a new jak and Daxter game they would not call it "jak 4" since the troligy is done but they could make a new Jak and Daxter series or something like they did with Ratchet and Clank Future. 

Message 4 of 58 (114,161 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Icestar10 wrote:

I kind of figured if they made a new jak and Daxter game they would not call it "jak 4" since the troligy is done but they could make a new Jak and Daxter series or something like they did with Ratchet and Clank Future. 

Thats what I said -_-' New Jak and Daxter reboot.

Only time will tell.
Message 5 of 58 (114,144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

1. Why are you getting annoyed they basically just agreed with you
  2. Most people know that the trilogy is ended and the next Jak game won't be called "Jak 4". This is an easy way of saying "I want a new Jak game thats not a spinoff, I want a new game that follows a new story. A game that brings back my favorite characters and their world." It's that simple. Not really a big deal.

Message 6 of 58 (114,132 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

sg1jb wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

1. Why are you getting annoyed they just agreed with you
  2. Most people know that the trilogy is ended and the next Jak game won't be called "Jak 4". This is an easy way of saying "I want a new Jak game thats not a spinoff, I want a new game that follows a new story. A game that brings back my favorite characters and their world." It's that simple. Not really a big deal.

1. He didnt agree with me, he said his own thing. I was just telling him thats what I was saying because he probably didnt get that, otherwise he would have just said he agreed with me. Plus this post isnt an opinion. This is whats ether going to happen or not happen. 

2. No actually a lot of ppl dont know the trilogy ended and ppl do think Jak 4 is on its way sooner or later. PPl think the series isnt over. They think theres still more to uncover. What your opinion was it what I just summarized in my post-"I want a new Jak game thats not a spinoff, I want a new game that follows a new story. A game that brings back my favorite characters and their world."  Its not as simple as you said and it is a big deal! And of course it goes more into detail then just what you said.

I can safely estimate and say about 87-90% of every Jak and Daxter player/fan/others believe a Jak 4 is next and thats what they want. I made this post to clarify to ppl, so it is a big deal. I dont like to see these ppl believe in something that would never exist or ask for something they know will never happen. Its a waste of time and annoying.

Everywhere I go where theirs Jak & Daxter discussions. Its always being discuss when will Jak 4 come out? What do you think the new dark maker roles will be? Gol & Maia, what will they do? They should/need to come back.  Explain Mar's mystery... Precursors to... ETC.

Only time will tell.
Message 7 of 58 (114,116 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Sep 22, 2012

This is to the point where I dont do these post for just ppl anymore. I do it for myself. I get no support and no kudos for trying to inform ppl and help them out. ND will never consider Jak important enough to focus on until fans unite and say they want more Jak. Im one of the very very very few ppl who still support Jak and push for ND to go back to him. The J&D forums are dead. Im one of the only ones who actually make posts here and support Jak here. I do it here for multiple reasons. 1 is so ND could see how active the J&D forums are(which is obviously not working out).

Like I said in the past. Theres only 1 thing responsible for the low J&D avatars on the PSN store, 1 thing why a new J&D game wasn't made earlier and yet and 1 thing why other J&D related things haven't happen. I shouldn't have to say because its obvious.

Only time will tell.
Message 8 of 58 (114,114 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Sep 24, 2012

I do agree with you and maybe you right people just expect the next Jak game to be Jak 4 which isn't possible because that story line they followed was a trilogy. It's done. They did leave little things open that could be a new story altogether but there's something nice about them being a mystery, not sure if you agree or not.

Message 9 of 58 (114,061 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Sep 24, 2012

sg1jb wrote:

I do agree with you and maybe you right people just expect the next Jak game to be Jak 4 which isn't possible because that story line they followed was a trilogy. It's done. They did leave little things open that could be a new story altogether but there's something nice about them being a mystery, not sure if you agree or not.

I dont know what your talking about because you didnt go into details but I will say. With the ending of Jak 3 it could have a sequel. But it will only focus on the same enemy forces from Jak 3 meaning the dark makers, kg robots, and metalheads. It could be done with or without Gol & Maia. Jaks Light eco powers and dark will be the key to saving the world again. And Mar would have to have more of a role in this game. So if Jak was the Mar(which he's not)then we will have to see him go back in time to do his thing and, but then that would mean Jak dies since Mar did die so that couldnt work at all because then that will also mean no more future jak games. But if Jak isnt the Mar(which he's not)then Jak should go back in time to ask Mar for his help before he dies but wait that cant happen because that will mess the timeline up. So the whole Mar factor would have to be ignore. Will just have to hear about what he did and how he helped the city and etc...

If a Jak 4 was to happen(which it wont)then it would have to be called Jak 3.5 really because its finishing what Jak 3 didnt finish and thats the War between the darkmakers and the metalheads. I have developed a jak 4 story for my own purposes to add on to the Jak franchise because a trilogy wasnt enough but like I said a Jak 4 or J&D4(which is the samething) wont happen.

P.S- A new story in Jak's case is what reboot means....

Only time will tell.
Message 10 of 58 (114,059 Views)
0 Likes