Dec 05 2006
By: Togg~ Sackboy 476 posts

Horrible ending to jak 3 and a bit dissapointing? (SPOILER WARNING!!)

44 replies 2388 views Edited Dec 5, 2006
DOnt you think that the ending to jak 3 just sucked, and that jak 3 could have been better? I mean its as if they just decided to goof off when they made the precursors fur-balls. My expression was the same as Jak's when their curtain thing got ripped down, and i tohught it was some lame joke actually. Then when it went on i was getting worried but then i figured that the real precursors would come. So i kept playing to the end to see what would happen and hope that the fur-balls were just imposter precursor wannabe's, but when i beat the game and the credits rolled, i was pissed. What do you guys think of the precursors identity? I mean, in jak and daxter teh first one, the precursors looked so cool and powerful and i was all like "man they msut be cool dudes" and same in jak 2 they looked rlly cool...but then in jak3...ouch. I dunno, the game just wasnt exciting, it could have been cool but errol as the bad guy kind of made it lame for me, and the game was too easy and short. What do you guys think?
||||in a recent survay it was found that 92% of the teen population likes rap music. If you are the 8% who likes real music put this in your sig.|||l|

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't and won't, copy and paste this into your signature.`

It is calculated that 90% of teenage internet users have a Nexus account. If you fit into the 10% that doesn't use Nexopia and think it's a waste of time, copy and paste this into your sig
Message 1 of 45 (2,388 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12815 posts

Re: Horrible ending to jak 3 and a bit dissapointing? (SPOILER WARNING!!)

Dec 5, 2006
At first, I agreed with you completely. But over time, the ending grew on me. I mean, how else were they supposed to end it? The precursors are godly beings that pat Jak on the back and tell him he did a good job, then he rides off into the sunset with Ashelin? It wouldn't fit the game. The Jak series always has an element of oddball humor to it, and as serious as parts of the game are, I'm glad they took a chance and ended the game the way they did rather than doing the obvious path.
Message 2 of 45 (2,372 Views)
Splicer
87 posts

Dec 5, 2006

Jak_Master wrote:
At first, I agreed with you completely. But over time, the ending grew on me. I mean, how else were they supposed to end it? The precursors are godly beings that pat Jak on the back and tell him he did a good job, then he rides off into the sunset with Ashelin? It wouldn't fit the game. The Jak series always has an element of oddball humor to it, and as serious as parts of the game are, I'm glad they took a chance and ended the game the way they did rather than doing the obvious path.

Took the words right out of my mouth. They knew they were taking a chance with the whole Ottsel thing, like they said in the commentary, some people are gonna love it and some are gonna hate it. I'm one of the ones who loved it. I never thought of it that way Jak_Master, but now that you said it I realize that the Jak's series' sense of humour is one of the things that firmly separate this series from the million other kill-everything games. Any other ending probably just wouldn't fit.
Message 3 of 45 (2,372 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1777 posts

Dec 5, 2006
To this day, I am still extremely disappointed with ND's decision to make the Precursor's who they were. I liked the image of the Precursor's being the all-powerful light beings, not some "furballs" (as Togg rightly called them). They could've expanded on the Presursor's,which would have lifted the heavy curtain of mystery around them, instead of ruining their image completely. 

I was OK with Errol being the villain because I like his character so much, but I do wish that they had introduced a new one (the Baron was so cool when he was new).

As a JakXKiera and AshlienXTorn fan, I hated the JakXAshlien interaction in the ending. It ruined the feel of the games, IMHO.

And on a similar subject, they completely and totally destroyed Kiera's image. Not only did they change her voice actor (which was one of her most memorable and distinct features), but they dwindled her role in the story, of which she has been a pivotal part in since game 1, down to the occasional "I'm with Jak on this".

The actual ending of the games was lacking. I think Daxter looks weird with pants (that hardly bugged me, though) and that the ending in it's entirety wasn't expanded on enough. It's the ending of the entire trilogy, for Pete's sake, you would think it would be not only bigger and better than it was, but more expansive and final.

All in all, ND slacked off a lot in Jak 3. Because this was my first favorite game series and I'm a devote fan of these games, I somewhat liked it. But if I wasn't completely in love with previous games, it would have fallen short in many ways.   

Message Edited by black_jak on 12-05-2006 01:23 PM
Message 4 of 45 (2,372 Views)
Gaming Beast
2456 posts

Dec 5, 2006
i thought it was okay
Message 5 of 45 (2,372 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3542 posts

Dec 5, 2006
it was actually hilarouis when Jak found out that the precursors were ottsels.

Like Dissidia, Final Fantasy, or Square-enix games at all?
Message 6 of 45 (2,372 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6897 posts

Dec 5, 2006
I didn't expect it to be like
"Daxter we have finally defeated Errol and saved the world"
**precursor thanks Jak and then teleports away, the screen goes black displaying the words The End**

Yeah that would never happen, with the Jak and Daxter sense of humor you'll never EVER get that.
Message 7 of 45 (2,372 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
667 posts

Dec 5, 2006

GamingLunatic wrote:
it was actually hilarouis when Jak found out that the precursors were ottsels.

"Oh my god."

I'll admit, that was the best part of the whole scene.  I didn't expect Jak to say something like that, but he kinda voiced what I was thinking at the moment.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 8 of 45 (2,372 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
476 posts

Dec 5, 2006
Personally, I'm hoping that it will be corrected in Jak and Daxter the lost frontier. I highly doubt it, but hopefully ACTUAL precursors will be in it (ones that i invision in my head). I agree with whoever said Keira was taken out of the game almost, she was like nearly forgotten. Any jak starts falling for ashlin instead, cmon now, jak has had that thing gonig on with keira sinc ethe first game, they cant just get rid of her and forget her. Also, one more thing i dissaproved of in the game, was the desert and lack of environment. Like in the first jak there so many different environments, so much variety but not so much here. ANd the endless marauders coming out of nowehre got annoying. WHat do you guys think ND needs to do to the lost frontier to make it great from where the third left off? Personally I think jak should time travel once more, but im still debating whether the future or the past would be better. And i either want there to be a entirely new main bad guy, or Gull/ Mia to return, cause after all, Samos was all like "the dark eco probably kileld them....probably". And it leaves u wondering. Anyways....
||||in a recent survay it was found that 92% of the teen population likes rap music. If you are the 8% who likes real music put this in your sig.|||l|

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't and won't, copy and paste this into your signature.`

It is calculated that 90% of teenage internet users have a Nexus account. If you fit into the 10% that doesn't use Nexopia and think it's a waste of time, copy and paste this into your sig
Message 9 of 45 (2,372 Views)
Wastelander
667 posts

Dec 5, 2006
Personally, I don't like the idea of the ottsel Precursors very much either.  I still hold firm to the belief that there are still things we don't understand about the Precursors (and, ottsels or not, how much power they really have).  I like to believe that those ottsel "Precursors" that Jak met were people kinda like Veger: seeking some thrill or power out of becoming gods, but getting turned into ottsels instead (because IMO ottsels were the physical embodiment of the Precursors, but the Precursors aren't just fuzzy animals).  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it--at least until the whole truth gets revealed.

But the rest of the ending I'm pretty much fine with ('cept Jak falling for Ashelin.  Kiera loves Jak...and Torn loves Ashelin. ).

Message Edited by Saving_Haven_City on 12-05-2006 02:04 PM
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 10 of 45 (2,372 Views)
0 Likes