Aug 26 2012
By: BlueDiamond93 Treasure Hunter 7051 posts

Jak(1)- The Precursor Legacy.

[ Edited ]
4 replies 3355 views Edited Aug 26, 2012

My Jak History

original.jpg

Ok so back when this game came out on PS2, I bough it. I was 7yrs old at the time. I started it, but never even got half way through the game, because you know I was a kid and I was doing other stuff and had other games. So about after a year straight of not playing it, I found out I lost it. As I grew up, I saw other games coming out for ps2 and was buying those new games. So eventually I come across J&D 1 in a pile of sales in gamestop. You know Gamestop have those buy 2 get 1 free or price reductions. I see a Jak II game in a store 3yrs after Jak 1, so then I tell myself I remember Jak1 again, I remember I never beat it. I bough Jak II right then in there. May have been a year late, but I still got it. I loved the game at first like I did with Jak 1, but I also lost this game, but I almost beat it before I lost it. I was stuck at the Daxter wack mole minigame for 2yrs before I lost it. I later on a couple months later get the game back as a gift from my cousin.So I tried to beat that part I left off on. Turns out I still can't beat it. After the 3rd yr comes around I finally beat it. But I forgot to mention when Jak 3 came out I beat it 1st, then I came back to Jak II and beat it. I usemy determination from Jak 3 to beat Jak II. So all together I beat Jak 3(PS2) 1st, then II(PS2) 2nd, then1(PS3) 3rd. I went completely backwards lol. 

Jak & Daxter Collection

jak-and-daxter-hd-collection-boxart.jpg

jak.jpg

Ok so with this collection that came out which I bought Day 1. I not only beat Jak 1 2x to redeem myself, but did the same for Jak II as well. I beat Jak 3 more, but this isnt suppose to be about Jak 3 or II really ether.Ok Jak The Precursor Legacy- So when I was playing through this game, I was taking notes and paying close attention onto why some ppl like this one the most or like the villains more or whatever. I came to understand that this game was actually fantastic and brilliant. I grew up as a Jak II & 3 fanboy. Because of this collection, I finally have that connection now that other true fans have for Jak 1. Its not about which game came out first, its not about Jak II & 3 being so different. Its about the unique qualities of the game.The colors, the platforming, the environment, the villages- Misty Island, Rock Village, all sages etc.

There are so many other Jak II & 3 fanboys worst then my past self. Ppl/gamers now a days just look at which games are more violent, better action pact, stuff in that catergory. Back when I was a kid it wasn't that I didn't like the game, its just I lost it and as time went by things changed, memories became vague. These ppl who bought the Jak Coll, just bought it for Jak II & 3. Some even said they will never touch Jak 1. This is just sad. Because of all these exposure to COD and other games, no1 cares about Jak 1. This comes from a mix of preteens and adults. They also lack the effort and time. This game is underrated and also overrated to the comparisons.

Don't compare Jak1 to the other Jak games if you wont be open minded or put your nostalgia to the side.Yes this was the first Jak game and first game you probably played, but that doesn't make it better. I hate ppl who say Jak 1 is better just because he can use all 4 colored eco's and other reasons. All games are good and have things unique to them. Another thing dont call yourself a Jak fan if you haven't played or beat jak 1. Just cause you like and beat II & 3 dont make you a fan of the whole series.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 1 of 5 (3,355 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Re: Jak(1)- The Precursor Legacy.

May 4, 2013

Wow, I beat the games in the same order as you.

The way I discovered Jak and Daxter was all thanks to my dad. He worked in a shipping company and sometimes, his boss/my uncle would let him buy some of the boxes with stuff inside. One of the things that was in there was Jak II. I didn't have a PS2 at the time, only a PS1. Thanks to J&D, I got a PS2. I was around 7 years old and didn't really have the sense to also get the first game. I played Jak II and kept getting stuck on certain missions. It was impossible for me to get past the mission at the drill platform when you have to shoot down the ship with the ill-gotten Eco. I got Jak 3 in 2007 and still didn't get past the drill platform mission. I skipped Jak II and won Jak 3 (a couple times) then went back and finally beat game. I then got Jak and Daxter TPL. So i won the trilogy 3,2,1 just like you.

I also share your opinion about people who don't play TPL. Each game is unique and innovative in their own way.

Message 2 of 5 (722 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 23, 2013
I'm currently stuck in the lost precursor city. I have completed all of the missions and can't seem to get out. Is there something I can do to get back to the surface?
Message 3 of 5 (681 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
881 posts

May 25, 2013

There are so many people who say Jak and Daxter 2 and 3 were their favourites when they never even touched the first one, it's a real shame as I thought Precursor Legacy was the best one. Maybe with the idea that it was trying to be an action adventure game with no guns, bars or vehicles e.t.c. was what made me enjoy it much more then the others.

Message 4 of 5 (664 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Jun 8, 2013
^ Yeah I really enjoyed the first one. I grew up with the early PS consoles, not Nintendo. That was my Super Mario 64. I loved the first Jak and Daxter. The gameplay and theme changes in Jak II bothered me at first, but over time I accepted the changes. I now can appreciate Jak II and 3 as their own games.
Message 5 of 5 (622 Views)
0 Likes