Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 17 2010
By: Krystalslover First Son 11 posts

Jak 3 fabled wasteland easter egg

12 replies 2893 views Edited May 17, 2010

There is a so-called easter egg in the wastelands of Jak 3. It involves the use of the dune hopper, Light Flight, and the Super Nova.

Apparently you go through a couple of things and the end result is finding "Naughty Dog" etched into a wall, the list of developers, and a massive Precursor Orb worth 300.

May I add, people have said this was confirmed by naughty dog themselves, but i would like to ask the source.

Im a bit skeptical after the first three minutes do to one part of getting to the easteregg involves going to the Northernmost area, at least from what I heard.

Your opinion and if your a jak 3 developer...is this real or fake and can you give any details?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (2,893 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

Wow have you went there? I haven't played Jak in a long t...

May 22, 2010

Krystalslover wrote:

There is a so-called easter egg in the wastelands of Jak 3. It involves the use of the dune hopper, Light Flight, and the Super Nova.

Apparently you go through a couple of things and the end result is finding "Naughty Dog" etched into a wall, the list of developers, and a massive Precursor Orb worth 300.

May I add, people have said this was confirmed by naughty dog themselves, but i would like to ask the source.

Im a bit skeptical after the first three minutes do to one part of getting to the easteregg involves going to the Northernmost area, at least from what I heard.

Your opinion and if your a jak 3 developer...is this real or fake and can you give any details?

Wow have you went there? I haven't played Jak in a long time but I might try to get this.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (2,893 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1787 posts

I'd also like to know about this...

May 29, 2010

I'd also like to know about this...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (2,893 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Re: Jak 3 fabled wasteland easter egg

Jun 14, 2010

Seriously? I gotta check this out...

JAK IS BAK.......in HD
Jak HD forum

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (2,893 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
426 posts

I heard about this

Jun 15, 2010

Someone better show us the video of how to get to that place. A video would be helpful.

If that ever happens that will probably be the greatest easter egg in the history of gaming.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (2,893 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1787 posts

I just want to know if it is real or not... ND Devs obvio...

Jun 18, 2010

I just want to know if it is real or not... ND Devs obviously don't check out the J&D section...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (2,893 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
858 posts

This is the description of how to get to the easter egg....

Jun 23, 2010

This is the description of how to get to the easter egg.

"In the desert area, get the Dune Hopper vehicle and head to the nothern most part.
You will see a building like structure. Get a boost and the second you hit the wall, hit the boost button and jump with the vehicle. You will go very high up and then hit the ledge (this may take a couple tries.) Get out of your car and then turn to light jak. Fly a little higher to a ledge and you will see and cracked wall.
Stand a little back and shoot the Supernova (highest upgrade for Peacemaker) the wall will crush and you will be able to walk in. The first thing you see is a Naughty Dog symbol carved in the wall. To your right is a list of all the names of the creators and developers along with a huge precursor orb".

Now I actually tried to find this egg after reading this and I actually found the area described.  However I was unable to get inside the chamber.

I believe Its all the way to the left of that one place where you had to herd 4 or 5 of those leaper rats with Daxter; That place was far up north right? (my mind is a bit fuzzy on some of the locations). You do need the dune hopper to jump up.  Now I actually got up there but i wasn't able to break open the crack with the supernova.  I was going to try the Dark jak blast shot, but my dark eco was empty and I ended up falling off the edge eventually. 

I decided to do some more research and while I found plenty of people saying they got up there and were unable to break open the crack (like I did) I'm starting to think it may be fake.  I also read someone claiming they saw a glowing yellow light coming from the crack, but I don't recall noticing such a thing.

Honestly it just seemed like some special spot you could get to by ridiculous means.  I wouldn't expect this easter egg to be true.  I mean no one has a posted a video of themselves succesfully getting into the chamber or even getting to the crack.  And I recall someone sayin they found the crack up/near the waterfall where the rainbow appears and that isn't where I found my "crack in the wall".

CDwaver Youtube

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (2,893 Views)
First Son
22 posts

sounds abit made up you know..

Jun 23, 2010

J
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (2,893 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

I know =D maybe they are pulling our leg ?

Jun 24, 2010

CDwaver wrote:

Lurkermass wrote:

yea, especially since there is no evidence to support being bale to break into some secret chamber.  There are plenty of ways to use the light jak flying glitch to get up the sides of some big mountains in the wastelands, but never has there been anything of a secret cave with such an easter egg inside.  I've read a few places that Naughty Dog confirmed this easter egg, but I'm calling bull on that since I can not find any official confirmation of that.

I know =D maybe they are pulling our leg ?

J
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (2,893 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
858 posts

yea, especially since there is no evidence to support bei...

Jun 24, 2010

Lurkermass wrote:

yea, especially since there is no evidence to support being able to break into some secret chamber.  There are plenty of ways to use the light jak flying glitch to get up the sides of some big mountains in the wastelands, but never has there been anything of a secret cave with such an easter egg inside.  I've read a few places that Naughty Dog confirmed this easter egg, but I'm calling bull on that since I can not find any official confirmation of that.

CDwaver Youtube

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (2,893 Views)
0 Likes