Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 13 2012
By: SynV666 First Son 6 posts

Jak X: Combat Racing HD Remake?

45 replies 4907 views Edited Jul 13, 2012

Being that Jak X was one of the major titles in the series and appears to have been a big hit with all the fans, has there been any word on an HD remaster like the trilogy just released? I was a little confused why they didn't just redo that one too and charge another $5-$10. Jak X was one of my favourite games when I was younger and seems a tad odd that it wasn't re-released with the others. 

Message 1 of 46 (4,907 Views)
Last Guardian
13339 posts

Re: Jak X: Combat Racing HD Remake?

Jul 15, 2012

No word so far but I have really been hoping they do one. Jak X was one of the best racing combat games I've ever played and I think the game would benefit having online multiplayer since it lacked a bit when it was on PS2. They could really flesh out this game now and it could be a great PSN release. :smileywink:

Message 2 of 46 (4,894 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2012

I was really disappointed to hear that Jak X wasn't included in the HD collection. I hope they release Jak X as a PS2 Classic, or else I'll just keep my PS2 version a bit longer.

Message 3 of 46 (4,893 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2012

LightJak007 wrote:

No word so far but I have really been hoping they do one. Jak X was one of the best racing combat games I've ever played and I think the game would benefit having online multiplayer since it lacked a bit when it was on PS2. They could really flesh out this game now and it could be a great PSN release. :smileywink:

I never got to play Jak X's multiplayer back in the day, so if they do release it on PSN I would love to see a multiplayer feature.

Message 4 of 46 (4,892 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 16, 2012

I'm currently playing Jak X again on PS2 and after playing the HD collection, it kind of hurts my eyes. I never even bothered with multiplayer before but if it went full online I would definitely play.  I wonder if they'd give everone the "Daxter" link-up content though. 

Message 5 of 46 (4,885 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

Message 6 of 46 (4,879 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I was thinking the same thing about Jak X multiplayer.  I was only able to get one match on my PS2 online but that was it.  The fanbase for this game has grown I think and if Sony were to bring this game back and bring the multiplayer back it would do very well.  Is there a way to contact Sony/Naughty Dog about remastering Jak X?

Message 7 of 46 (4,855 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jul 18, 2012

headfirst4halos0 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing about Jak X multiplayer.  I was only able to get one match on my PS2 online but that was it.  The fanbase for this game has grown I think and if Sony were to bring this game back and bring the multiplayer back it would do very well.  Is there a way to contact Sony/Naughty Dog about remastering Jak X?

I'm guessing this is probably the best way, assuming they actually look at their forums and take fan advice into consideration.  If they in fact do, the idea would have to get enough support and then they'd have to decide if it's worth the money. Along with that though they should also make a port for "Daxter" to the PS3 on the same CD considering that some of the Jak X content is only available if you had a PSP import to your PS2.  I don't understand why they didn't already port that one anyway. 'Daxter' was a great and funny game. 

Message 8 of 46 (4,850 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I would love to see an HD remake of the game. What would be even better was if they put Jak X in a bundle with Daxter, also enhanced in HD aswell. A J&D Collection Vol. 2, if you will.

Message 9 of 46 (4,837 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Mattotastic wrote:

I would love to see an HD remake of the game. What would be even better was if they put Jak X in a bundle with Daxter, also enhanced in HD aswell. A J&D Collection Vol. 2, if you will.

Pretty much what I said in my previous post but it's nice to know I'm not the only one that would like to see it. I just finished Jak X with 100% completion for the first time ever and I'd still be willing to buy a remake and play it again if it was added to the PSN multiplayer. 

Message 10 of 46 (4,829 Views)
0 Likes