Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6801 posts

Re: Jak X: Combat Racing HD Remake?

Aug 12, 2012

Yes Im a J&D fan to the max. Im always playing the HD collection, im always in the forums, im always looking up extra intel I may have missed on. Always storing more photo's/wallpapers. I have all Jak games, all, not 3 OST saved onto my HDD. The biggest thing Ive started so far was making a Jak & Daxter franchise test. Ive been developing test for all games except daxter. My test is a combination of knowing your stuff about the series. Its not simple. You can only pass it if your a real Jak & D fan. It also varies between true/false, multiple choice, and fill in the blank. Theres a lot of support I put into Jak&Daxter. 

Only time will tell.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 44 (655 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Aug 13, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Yes Im a J&D fan to the max. Im always playing the HD collection, im always in the forums, im always looking up extra intel I may have missed on. Always storing more photo's/wallpapers. I have all Jak games, all, not 3 OST saved onto my HDD. The biggest thing Ive started so far was making a Jak & Daxter franchise test. Ive been developing test for all games except daxter. My test is a combination of knowing your stuff about the series. Its not simple. You can only pass it if your a real Jak & D fan. It also varies between true/false, multiple choice, and fill in the blank. Theres a lot of support I put into Jak&Daxter. 

When you finish the Jak & Daxter test are you going to post it on the forums? That would be awesome! Though I'll have to do a little revision lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 44 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6801 posts

Aug 13, 2012
I don't know. Its up to the Jak & D fans. My test varies from 40 to 50 or even 60 questions. My test can only be passed by real true fans. I made it only so its passible for fans unless they cheat and look at wikipedia. Thats why im decided on making a part 2 for all my test. But anyone. Im already done with Jak TPL, Jak 2, and Playstation move heroes tests. Since I wasn't doing Daxter I replaced his game with Move Heroes. The ones I have left are Jak 3(which im half way done with), Jak X & Lost Frontier. Lost Frontier will take a while hats why im saving it for last but um.. im going to need about 5 ppl saying they want the tests to be published.
Only time will tell.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 44 (646 Views)
PlayStation MVP
12402 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:
 im going to need about 5 ppl saying they want the tests to be published.
This sounds like a fun idea, but I don't think a lot of people played PlayStation Move Heroes--if they did, they probably didn't think much of it.  Secondly, The Lost Frontier shouldn't count; most fans agree that it's a sorry excuse for a Jak and Daxter game and probably never played it a second time as a result (plus it's been nearly 3 years since its release, which is a distant memory for those who've only played it once).  Though Daxter would be sufficient to fill its place.  But that's just me. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 44 (640 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6801 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2012

I know some jak fans who bought PSMH & LF, because you know their jak fans. Its not about making a test from the best games. Its about making a test regarding his whole franchise/his history/his character. The purpose is for the so called Jak fans to put their minds to the test and see if they can really call them self jak fans. The results from this test im hoping are beneficial in a great amount of ways. Im not just doing it to test fans, I also have other multiple reasons as well.

But the reason for Daxter replacement is because I never beat it. My Psp broke yrs ago. I never bought a psp ever again so I decided to find a replacement instead of leaving it out.

My test difficulty also varies on the replay value of the games. If the game is playable a bunch of times then I will make it hard, if the game is less fun or only good enough for one play through for ppl then it will be medium and simple but still tricky :smileyhappy:

Only time will tell.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 44 (636 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12402 posts

Aug 14, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

I know some jak fans who bought PSMH & LF, because you know their jak fans. Its not about making a test from the best games. Its about making a test regarding his whole franchise/his history/his character. 

I do understand that, as I did purchase both games for that same reason.  But at the same time, it's pretty expensive to buy the PlayStation Move for PlayStation Move Heroes.  Granted, I did the same, even though PSMH is still the only Move game I own.  I'm just saying there are big fans of the series that may not have had the money to be able to play PSMH, and so it renders the situation unfair to those that call themselves big fans of the series because they can't answer PSMH-related questions.  It's like if I were going to compose a high-difficulty quiz covering details from all the games, including Daxter, and you wouldn't be able to answer the Daxter-related questions correctly, and your score would heavily suffer from it because you weren't a "big enough fan" to buy another PSP, but we both know that that's not true; but in the end, your score would suffer because you couldn't make an expensive commitment.

So maybe you can keep the PSMH portion of the quiz, but only as a PSMH quiz for those who've played it.  Otherwise, your quiz should stick primarily to the main series.  The Lost Frontier is a gray area, but I should say that some people consider themselves hardcore fans of the series in a different light by protecting their love for the series by avoiding TLF entirely.  So it would be most ideal to stick to Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II, Jak 3, and Jak X: Combat Racing (and Daxter once you've finished it).  But it's your quiz, so it's your call.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 44 (632 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6801 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

Ok I understand to but PSM is not that expensive. The game is also mad cheap for any PSM owners. And my test isnt the way you may it sound. Its not all together unless you have all the games. If you have all the games then I test it all as 1. My test varies on the games you own/beat. You can take the original Jak games test series or if your a die hard jak fanboy who buys all the games and games he's included in and think you know it all about Jak, you can take the overall jak test series for all his games(except daxter). Also since daxter was the main character of that game its actually in my favor. I just decided to do all Jak related games for those hardcore jak lovers out there just in case.

Did a lot of contemplating before hand. At first it was suppose to be just Jak:TPl, Jak II & Jak 3, but then I was like ok well Jak X was also loved and related and stuff. Then im like hm? ok you know what lets just do all Jaks, and it will be up to the tester what test series they want to take. Obviously though you cant be a fan if you didn't at least play the first 3 original games.

Hmm? Now you got me second thinking about TLF. It really was that bad wasn't it. No Jetboard, no light jak, dark jak, oracles, scarf(lol), etc.... maybe Jak TLF should be excluded. When you think about it, its like it was a complete reboot. Maybe I should just focus on Jak TPL to Jak X. Thinking... Jak X will be included only if you played it. There will be the 4 game series test and the 3 original game series test. But I already made the PSMH test lol.

And about Daxter, cmon man, you think I just let that slip away from me after my psp broke, nah... I watched all cut-scenes on youtube from where I left off until the end and did my research. If the game breaks, thats not the end for me lol.

Only time will tell.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 44 (629 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12402 posts

Aug 14, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Ok I understand to but PSM is not that expensive. The game is also mad cheap for any PSM owners.

Hmm? Now you got me second thinking about TLF. It really was that bad wasn't it. No Jetboard, no light jak, dark jak, oracles, scarf(lol), etc.... maybe Jak TLF should be excluded. When you think about it, its like it was a complete reboot. Maybe I should just focus on Jak TPL to Jak X. Thinking... Jak X will be included only if you played it. There will be the 4 game series test and the 3 original game series test. But I already made the PSMH test lol.

And about Daxter, cmon man, you think I just let that slip away from me after my psp broke, nah... I watched all cut-scenes on youtube from where I left off until the end and did my research. If the game breaks, thats not the end for me lol.

But the problem is, there is nothing good for the PlayStation Move.  PSMH was the reason I bought one; it was $100 for the PSMH bundle plus $30 for the navigation controller that wasn't included in the bundle.  $130 is kinda pricey, especially for the game's replay value.

To be honest, I didn't have too much of a problem with TLF's gameplay, even though it was a severely dumbed-down version of what we've seen on the PS2.  Honestly, I enjoyed the flying missions.  My real beef lies with the story.  Just...so...baaaaad.

Nooooo you can't just watch YouTube videos! DX  That completely ruins the game.  You should find a friend who has a PSP and play it over again.  It isn't the same if you only catch up on cutscenes.  Sorry, it's my favorite game in the series; I just really appreciate the tone that occurs during gameplay as it carries over into the cutscenes, etc.  Seriously, find a friend who has a PSP and play it over again.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 44 (624 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6801 posts

Aug 14, 2012

The navigation controller wasn't needed. I used the playstation remote as my nav. And thats not true. Theres a lot of good move games and games with move support. Playstation move is underrated.

TLF was bad. It was nothing compared to the classics, was a reboot, no return of any old places but that one part of the prison Jak was held at in Jak 2. Even his clothing design wasn't attracting. Game was also to repetitive. Way to many Air battles and air missions, always flying. Dark daxter kinda messed it up for me to. He wasn't that great of a dark monster, and his commentary wasn't nearly as good as the classics. Also both of their voice actors was turn offs. Like his dark deep bada$$ voice better. VO is important to a game franchise, you take that out and that ruins about half of the game. Keira was ridiculously ugly lol. No Samos, no ashelin, etc. Im not even going to go into the light eco vs all other 4 eco's.

And at least I did that with daxter instead of leave it out in the cold. Ive always wanted daxter to be ported on ps3, but I doubt it since it wasnt actually made by ND. Ill see what I can do about Daxter. 1thing is for sure, if I get a psp again of any kind, Daxter would be the first game I get for it.

Only time will tell.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 44 (622 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Dec 4, 2012

i hpoe we get it

Jak X combat racing, Daxter and lost frontier maybe

Never look down on anybody unless your helping them up.....
SONY.......It Makes Us Believe In The Make Believe
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 44 (559 Views)
0 Likes