Jul 09 2013
By: rafasc94 Lombax Warrior 148 posts

NAUGHTY DOG (AND FANS) PLEASE READ

6 replies 219 views Edited Jul 9, 2013

Ok so in the beginning of this year before the announcement of the announcement of the ps4 a bunch o leaked info (rumors) was on wiki refering to new unannounced games soon to be announced in this list was a infamous 3, ratchet and clank, killzone etc. Some of these rumored games came true (R&C is a movie) but there is some thing on this list that i was hyped but skeptical at the same time and that was Jak and Daxter: A New Legacy made by Naughty Dog.

Well if some of this rumored games came true this suposed new Jak and Daxter can be aswell, although this sub title is something that fans use a lot but we just have to wait, or do we?

Probably most of you dont know this but the plot for Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier was writen by naughty dog, and naughty when it tried to go back to Jak and Daxter instead going to The Last of US they didnt have any original or creative ideas and wanted to reboot the series

I'm afraid a long side this new Jak and Daxter game it comes another rumor that this will be a reboot, Jak will be turned to a human and Daxter is going to be a simple orange rat and therefore changing the base plot (ottsels being precursors for example).

What i'm trying to say is Naughty Dog is not as it was back on the ps2 years is not the original naughty dog, most of the staff members after uncharted got out because they didnt like or understand the new tools or directions, Naughty Dog is making games inspired in something that already exists in the real world instead of doing something completly out of the box and with Uncharted and TLOU naughty dog showed me it CANNOT do this type of games again/anymore.

In conclusion, Naughty Dog if you are doing a reboot of Jak and Daxter i speak for myself and probably for the most of fanbase, STOP do not ruin this for us after one decade and after The Lost Frontier you decide to completly kill the fans with this reboot, i and again probably most of the fanbase prefers if you handle the frenchise to a capable trust wordy company or doing absolutly nothing to the frechise. After the "The Lost Frontier" we are waiting for a true Jak and Daxter a true comeback not a reboot.

Thanks for reading 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Re: NAUGHTY DOG (AND FANS) PLEASE READ

Jul 9, 2013
I think Naughty Dog is done with Jak and Daxter. But they will continue to make references in future games
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13339 posts

Jul 9, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:
I think Naughty Dog is done with Jak and Daxter. But they will continue to make references in future games

I don't think Jak and Daxter is completely done for as a franchise.  I do feel that they released the Collection on both PS3 and Vita to buy some time, possibly for another developer to tackle the project.  It would be nice to see ND take it on personally but I don't fully expect that to happen either.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 11, 2013

I really loved the J&D series and while the nostalgic part of me would love to play another one, I'm actually totally fine with it being over. It made a great memory and I don't really feel like I need anymore games. With that in mind, I would actually prefer it if Sony did NOT hand the franchise over to another studio. I would really rather it be a thing of the past completely than for it to be handled by a team that won't get near as much funding as Naughty Dog would.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jul 13, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:

We'll see.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10844 posts

Jul 13, 2013
They said before they thought of The Last of Us, Jak 4 was on their minds but "it didn't make any sense."

They still think about it but we can only hope... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Jul 13, 2013

I think you didnt read the:

"What i'm trying to say is Naughty Dog is not as it was back on the ps2 years is not the original naughty dog, most of the staff members after uncharted got out because they didnt like or understand the new tools or directions, Naughty Dog is making games inspired in something that already exists in the real world instead of doing something completly out of the box and with Uncharted and TLOU naughty dog showed me it CANNOT do this type of games again/anymore."   part.

I'm trying to say that Naughty Dog is not capable of doing a Jak and Daxter game, and if they did it would probably would ruin the series even more. Naughty Dog WROTE The Lost Frontier story and just hat is a sign that they cant do jak anymore, they are not the same since Jason Rubin and Andy Gavin (the founders) went out and not only them but many of the original staff are gone. The now-a-days Naughty Dog is not the Naughty Dog that made Jak and Daxter and that what i'm trying to tell you guys. NAUGHTY DOG IS NOT CAPABLE OF DOING ANOTHER JAK AND DAXTER GAME.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (155 Views)
0 Likes